Fleming and Lomax transfer listed

shame

I think Fleming could be a very good keeper. Considering the competition we allegedly beat to his signature he must be on a fair whack.

Lomax - if he's on peanuts I'd keep him.

Unless he's a disruptive influence?

Nothing special but will always provide competent cover in either fullback position. I've always wanted to see him tried in centre mid myself. Although his delivery from fullback can be poor he's got a real eye for a pass from midfield - eg, for McDonald at Everton.

a shame on the one hand but PD can't ring the changes enough for me on the other.

Good luck to them both if there are any takers.

That's 6 now and no sign of any of them being shifted :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by this with Fleming, but maybe Lomax is a "luxury" we can do without. I always rated Fleming better than Brill, and still do. I only hope that PD has a quality keeper lined up as I couldn't face another season with no-one to push Brill.

Amongst those on a free:

Casper Ankergren

Jamie Ashdown

Jan Budtz (OK, OK, only my little joke)

Rhys Evans

Daryl Flahavan

Andy Marshall

Carlo Nash

Lenny Pidgeley

Tony Warner

Nicky Weaver

Any of them interest you? I'd maybe go for one of Ashdown, Flahavan, Pidgeley, Weaver

pretty sure on a interview on latics player he'd said he had just brought a house in the area and his girlfriend/wife had moved down.

He lives over near city's ground i think.

Its hard re-locating to a new area at the best of times, especially with the stress of a new born baby.

I think it must have somethin to do with him or his girlfriend being homesick.

I am a bit shocked to see Fleming transfer listed. He is a fantastic shot stopper his rushing out was appauling though. Not too surprised with Lomax, he's a good pro but he's not good enough to stay here, I wish Kelvin all the best.

Gilkes is a bit tiny for a keeper? But the last tiny keeper we had wasn't too bad! Weaver must be on a fair bit as well.

I would think with the budget as it is reported to be like we cannot afford to have 2 'experienced' goalies on the books. It's a waste of a wage if one of them isn't getting any games.

I am a bit shocked to see Fleming transfer listed. He is a fantastic shot stopper his rushing out was appauling though. Not too surprised with Lomax, he's a good pro but he's not good enough to stay here, I wish Kelvin all the best.

Gilkes is a bit tiny for a keeper? But the last tiny keeper we had wasn't too bad! Weaver must be on a fair bit as well.

I would think with the budget as it is reported to be like we cannot afford to have 2 'experienced' goalies on the books. It's a waste of a wage if one of them isn't getting any games.

Maybe dickov has seen something in ollerenshaw and doesn't see the need to draft in anyone else. I've not seen enough of him to make a judgement.

I'm surprised by this with Fleming, but maybe Lomax is a "luxury" we can do without. I always rated Fleming better than Brill, and still do. I only hope that PD has a quality keeper lined up as I couldn't face another season with no-one to push Brill.

Amongst those on a free:

Casper Ankergren

Jamie Ashdown

Jan Budtz (OK, OK, only my little joke)

Rhys Evans

Daryl Flahavan

Andy Marshall

Carlo Nash

Lenny Pidgeley

Tony Warner

Nicky Weaver

Any of them interest you? I'd maybe go for one of Ashdown, Flahavan, Pidgeley, Weaver

I rated twin town but hated Notting Hill

Maybe dickov has seen something in ollerenshaw and doesn't see the need to draft in anyone else. I've not seen enough of him to make a judgement.

Let's face it, in the modern game of multiple loanees, Josh only has to be good enough to get himself through part of a game should our number 1 get injured or sent off.

Hell, we could even put Taylor back in again if that happened.

Let's face it, in the modern game of multiple loanees, Josh only has to be good enough to get himself through part of a game should our number 1 get injured or sent off.

Hell, we could even put Taylor back in again if that happened.

Precisely. No point having two keepers, neither of whom are good enough, and then not trust the youth when they are next in line, only to bring in some 7th choice Premiership kid in nappies for him to let 3 or 4 goals in. We've seen it too many times. We should have kept Crossley with one of Brill or Fleming last year and seen if the other one could take the opportunities when Crossley was knacked, if not then move on.

[quoteI would think with the budget as it is reported to be like we cannot afford to have 2 'experienced' goalies on the books. It's a waste of a wage if one of them isn't getting any games.

Lets get rid of both then because Brill is certainly not good enough. He cost us far too many points last season, which put us in danger of relegation. Alright he makes the odd good save, but that is far outweighed by his cockups.

[quoteI would think with the budget as it is reported to be like we cannot afford to have 2 'experienced' goalies on the books. It's a waste of a wage if one of them isn't getting any games.

Lets get rid of both then because Brill is certainly not good enough. He cost us far too many points last season, which put us in danger of relegation. Alright he makes the odd good save, but that is far outweighed by his cockups.

:lol: You cannot be serious

only copying gregs fb status not sure he is as home sick as is made out.

Greg Fleming On the look out 4 a new club. The joys

wish him and lomax all the best! hope we have someone lined up to push brill, and hope that cuts out his mistakes and he proves alot wrong with it!

only copying gregs fb status not sure he is as home sick as is made out.

Greg Fleming On the look out 4 a new club. The joys

wish him and lomax all the best! hope we have someone lined up to push brill, and hope that cuts out his mistakes and he proves alot wrong with it!

Didn't he do that for the last 6 months of last season?

he might of living in coventry i didnt see many games especialy towards the end of the season i was losing the will to live listening on latics player! (i feel down to the manager) maybe that was was down to havin a keeper to push him my point exactly! after leting greg go out on loan last thing any of us want is greg gone and no one to up his game and push him for his spot.

flahavan played for the last 3.

The biggest problem I have with brill is a dead ball situation. He seems puts his wall in a strange area, showing the taker a massive chunk of the goal. Huddersfield profited from this, but there were quite a few throughout the season. From corners he often misjudges things, and doesnt command the area. When it's instintive, he's alright. When it has to be thought about - he struggles.

For the debate as to whether he is good enough to still be going suggests he isn't (well not on last years performances)

owain fon williams is on a free from stockport - hes a lot better than brill.

surprised he hasnt been snapped up , all sorts of big clubs were after him last year, he also looked good when we played them.

It was funny shouting BAAAAAAAAAAAH at him everytime he got the ball :lol:

Dickov has told the transfer listed players there can play for oldham still but needs them to show him that and is he saying in away dickov he hasnt been happy with the players fitness or etc at trainning thats why there are on a transfer list.

Edited by RoyleArmy