Daniel Pacheco

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Pacheco is in talks with oldham over a season long loan.

Daniel Pacheco Lobato (born 5 January 1991 in Málaga, Spain) is a Spanish footballer who plays for English Premier League club Liverpool. He signed from Barcelona in the summer of 2007 and initially played for Liverpool reserves.

Contents

Playing career

Before his transfer to Liverpool, Pacheco enjoyed a reputation as a rising star in the ranks of Barcelona's youth academy. Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino ("The Assassin").

Pacheco made his first start for the Liverpool reserves on 5 February 2008, against Bolton Wanderers. He scored the first goal of the game, a low curling shot past Ian Walker. In April 2008, Pacheco made a 50-yard pass to assist Krisztián Németh in scoring the only goal of the game against Blackburn Rovers Reserves, which secured the Premier Reserve League North title for Liverpool. On 7 May 2008, Pacheco, who came on as a substitute in the second half, threaded a through pass to teammate Lucas Leiva to score the third and final goal in Liverpool's Reserve League final victory over Aston Villa at Anfield.

He made his first team debut on 9 December 2009, as a second half substitute for Alberto Aquilani in a UEFA Champions League match against Fiorentina. His league debut came just over two weeks later on Boxing Day when he replaced Aquilani once more in a 2–0 home win over Wolverhampton Wanderers. On 18 February 2010, Pacheco came on as a substitute in the 75th minute for Aquilani in a UEFA Europa League match vs Unirea Urziceni, six minutes later he provided an assist for David N'Gog when he headed a pass back across goal for N'Gog to score the match-winning goal.

Miki Roque anyone ? :wink:

Daniel Pacheco is in talks with oldham over a season long loan.

Gosh, we'll be like the new Sheffield United under Warnock with all these strikers.

Abbott, Feeney, Eaves, Brooke, Alessandra, Dickov, Baxter, Pacheco plus our pick of Citeh's ressies....

Edited by deyres42

Gosh, we'll be like the new Sheffield United under Warnock with all these strikers.

Abbott, Feeney, Eaves, Brooke, Alessandra, Dickov, Baxter, Pacheco plus our pick of Citeh's ressies....

we might find one who can score more than 3 a season bring it on - wouldnt it be nice if a home grown latics youngster actually posed a goal threat for once they all come through with promise and rarely make the grade as strikers.

Edited by bluehobbit

Would be nice to have that kind of option. Strength in depth, too: Abbott & Feeney, Brooke & Pacheco, with Alessandra, Eaves and Dickov in reserve. And if Dickov doesn't like Abbott's workrate then Pacheco or Brooke might make first choice.

dont forget jonathon jon macken as well

From what I've heard about him this could be the best signing in ages. He's been on the bench quite a few times for Liverpool and he's played a bit too. Think of it like signing Jermaine Defoe when he was a kid on loan (and some of us my remember how that turned out).

However, I can't see Everton loaning us Baxter if he comes.

From what I've heard about him this could be the best signing in ages. He's been on the bench quite a few times for Liverpool and he's played a bit too. Think of it like signing Jermaine Defoe when he was a kid on loan (and some of us my remember how that turned out).

However, I can't see Everton loaning us Baxter if he comes.

i cant see it happening...be great if it did but...id love to know what dickov says when trying to sell the club to players hes after

It's looking more and more like Abbott may be shipped out

Possibly but where is he going to go- we are going to want a fee for him (probably) since he's under contract. Even then his wage demands will probably be quite high so he may be out of the price range of quite a few clubs.

Has anyone figured out how RA gets his info? Given that he is paranoid I cannot see a single "insider" giving away sensitive signing tips to someone who blabs all over the internet within minutes....

I think he has a book of footballers from the past ten years, and sticks a pin in randomly. <Pin Selection> is trial/talks/sigining with Oldham.

Daniel Pacheco will be playing in the prem this year, end of.

I think he has a book of footballers from the past ten years, and sticks a pin in randomly. <Pin Selection> is trial/talks/sigining with Oldham.

Daniel Pacheco will be playing in the prem this year, end of.

I don't think so- as wouldn't that mean he is Torres understudy? Liverpool have Ngog as well, plus I think he will try and buy someone else- considering its Hodgson probably a Scandinavian.

However, if Liverpool are wanting him to go out on loan then I think he'll go to the Championship (although if Blackpool want him they will probably get him too).

I don't think so- as wouldn't that mean he is Torres understudy? Liverpool have Ngog as well, plus I think he will try and buy someone else- considering its Hodgson probably a Scandinavian.

However, if Liverpool are wanting him to go out on loan then I think he'll go to the Championship (although if Blackpool want him they will probably get him too).

I know Rafa rated him very highly. Everything I hear from the Liverpool camp is that this is going to be his season of emergence.

The only thing that I can see changing that is if Hodgson doesn't like him. But even if that is true, he is prem quality and a host of other prem teams would snap him up.

If he does go on loan, it would be a max of 6 months to a champ side.

Edited by BlueInAus

Has anyone figured out how RA gets his info? Given that he is paranoid I cannot see a single "insider" giving away sensitive signing tips to someone who blabs all over the internet within minutes....

My theory is that he is one of those litte bats with massive ears.

He the legend is that he hangs upside down in the perfect empty and dark space, known as the trophey cabinet.

His super sensetive ears pick up the conversations in the bogs.

Could be true, RA is known to get alot correct (but this should be in the rumour section?) and i might be able to see it happenin. People say hes good no lower den champ, but john bostock at tottenham, was widely tipped as one of englands emerging stars, and where did he last season? Brentford on loan.

Could be true, RA is known to get alot correct (but this should be in the rumour section?) and i might be able to see it happenin. People say hes good no lower den champ, but john bostock at tottenham, was widely tipped as one of englands emerging stars, and where did he last season? Brentford on loan.

I would be totally delighted to be wrong. Would LOVE to see Pacheco in an Oldham shirt for the season - I would even rebuy a new shirt with his name on it!

Just spotted him playing for Spain under 19s on Eurosport TV, he's looking very good so far.

Strange if he's talking to Latics while in France though.

* He's just scored after 23 minutes, change very good to outstanding.

Edited by BP1960