Colbeck Gone

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad he has moved on -

This was one lasting legacy of the penny era that still rankled - how anybody could pay money for him just about summed him up.

£60k + down the tube that would have been better spent on a scoreboard.

we haven't scored 3 in months, what do you need a scoreboard for :wink:

*buying a scoreboard when you have 3 stands would be more of a waste than colbeck

*buying a scoreboard when you have 3 stands would be more of a waste than colbeck

Exactly , when you ain't scored for so long you need something to watch.

Could put a movie on after 15 mins if the games boring.

Would have seen every new release last season on that basis :lol:

Edited by losesome

so lionel ainsworth isn't going there?

Colbeck - Wycombe away was his best game. Shame only about 100 of us saw it! He was brilliant, ripped them to bits and got brought off.

Even then he tripped over the ball and it went out of play in the first half.

Stick it on that platform on lookers where the tv cameras usually are :wink:

We didn't get any dosh, it was a free transfer.

doubt anyone would want to pay a fee to sign him, free transfer says it all

I wonder if there is a sell-on clause. I know it's stretching it a bit (ok a lot).

Just a thought.

Good luck to the lad,he was just unlucky to come here a bit to early in his career as someone else stated.

But were do people get this 60k thing from,or was that another rumour started on here. Dont remember seeing anything about 60k on the OS when we signed him,would have thought that would have been big news then.

I wonder if there is a sell-on clause. I know it's stretching it a bit (ok a lot).

Just a thought.

25% of zero is still zero. :grin:

Wouldn't have been worth anyone at Oldham wasting time to try and get a sell-on clause in there.

Signed for hereford, on OS

I thought we'd be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract...good move for Colbeck and a chance of regular Ist team football.

That leaves Purdie, Jacobson and Worthington......................... just about everybody commented that they were all 2nd div players and have been proved right,christ, Penney brought in some sh**e!!!

Good luck to the lad,he was just unlucky to come here a bit to early in his career as someone else stated.

But were do people get this 60k thing from,or was that another rumour started on here. Dont remember seeing anything about 60k on the OS when we signed him,would have thought that would have been big news then.

It was reported as an undisclosed fee. The chron said it was 60k i think. The fact we paid a fee for him at all is shocking enough. terible player but not his fault that Penney signed him. good luck in the future.

I thought we'd be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract...good move for Colbeck and a chance of regular Ist team football.

That leaves Purdie, Jacobson and Worthington......................... just about everybody commented that they were all 2nd div players and have been proved right,christ, Penney brought in some sh**e!!!

did we pay a fee for purdie or was he out of contract at darlington? suprised if he didnt go back there seeing as he was regarded as their wonder boy.