Jack Gordon - We salute you

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww...bless that man....

wow what changes at BP he has seen and stories to tell too

Write a book jack....

could let you meet the man, he is my wifes grandad. He has seen so much at latics over the years. He sits in the main stand week in week out. In all weathers to watch latics. He is 90 in april, latics is his life. Don't know what he would do without it. He will be sad to see latics leave boundary park as thats always been home of oldham football. Mrs footy68 use to go with him all the time when she was younger. Him giving some money to the club is his way of making sure latics is still there for many more years to come. Thats what keeps him going now is to see oldham athletic.

could let you meet the man, he is my wifes grandad. He has seen so much at latics over the years. He sits in the main stand week in week out. In all weathers to watch latics. He is 90 in april, latics is his life. Don't know what he would do without it. He will be sad to see latics leave boundary park as thats always been home of oldham football. Mrs footy68 use to go with him all the time when she was younger. Him giving some money to the club is his way of making sure latics is still there for many more years to come. Thats what keeps him going now is to see oldham athletic.

...and that is what being an OAFC fan is all about. A superb gesture :chubb:

He's 89 and probably minted. I doubt these tough economic times are affecting him too much.

He is not minted, he just loves the club and wants to help the latics progress. It's one of his only joys in life at 89.

What a man to have as your father-in-law eh and now I can put a name and link to your family too. awww.....bet you are so proud of him.

Oh yes, Tangerine dreams gets a Liverpool father in law... :wink:

He's 89 and probably minted. I doubt these tough economic times are affecting him too much.

Wind yer neck in and cut the cynicism, please. This is a fantastic and generous contribution by a man who loves OAFC so much, has done so for over 80 years and does not deserve to have his superb gesture diminished in this way.

Jack, I salute you. :applause1:

why?

FFS you can't pass comment if it's not following the crowd, on here, without an interrogation. I just think that the scheme is pissing in the wind as you asked and his belief that it will help as described is a pipe dream.

But as I said it's his money so fair play to the chap, his family seem happy about it!

FFS you can't pass comment if it's not following the crowd, on here, without an interrogation. I just think that the scheme is pissing in the wind as you asked and his belief that it will help as described is a pipe dream.

But as I said it's his money so fair play to the chap, his family seem happy about it!

I agree with your sentiments regarding the scheme... But at the same time I will pat the guy on the back all the same... Better fan than me... If I had £1k going free it wouldn't be going the way of Latics...

"Wilf Mannion Fund" remember my grandad telling me about this, what happened to the money? Am I right in thinking that around £10,000 was raised?

I think the story goes that their was a whip round town to buy wilf manion my uncle put in 5 schillings they counted up found out they didn't have enough money to buy him but kept the money? that couldn't happen again could it :unsure:

surely oafc0000 is loaded enough to match his donation?

Your kidding right ?

I have a wife and now a daughter... Any money I once had is no longer mine...

Also, if I had £1k going free the last place it would be going his the hands of that lot...