Message to the Morons

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issues being discussed are nowt to do with football, those who want to discuss it should take it elsewhere.

They are related to:

Oldham Athletic and their next home game.

-- This is an Oldham Athletic forum.

A former Oldham Athletic player, Lee Hughes, who is about to return to the club for the first time.

How Oldham Athletic fans should great afrementioned former Oldham Athletic player.

They are being commented on most notibly by Barry Owen, an Oldham Athletic Director.

Do I think the thread is pointless? Sure. But to me if someone (in this case you, previously Barry) steps up and starts barking about how it's not appropriate for some flimsy reason (your's you think it's not relevant, Barry's lord knows) then I instinctively feel compelled to let it continue.

If people cross the line (*looks at Rummy*) then we will take the appropriate action. However whilst people are for the most part being civilised (aforementioned Director and Derek excepted) and debating the issue and not each-other then the thread will remain open.

Is that the best you can do?

Grow up!

I love how it's always someone who's thrown their toys out of the pram in a childish tantrum that resorts to "grow up"!

If I get really bored this afternoon, I might look back over his posts and report every one that isn't about football... :wink:

Apart from the fact that they relate to a footballer, who used to play for us you're 100% correct!

I never disagreed about that. What Hughes was convicted for has nothing to do with football..... and thats what I was pointing out!

For people who have stated they will not welcome hime back to BP because he fell out with Royle in the dressing room or because he got booked on purpose is fair play, however for some of the smart arses on here (you know who you are) to start casting their morals on the rest of us when its nothing to do with football is another matter!

And we have heard it all before....... yawn!

On the subject of Hughes, I was happy for us to give him his chance, but by the end I was happy for him to go - not because of his history but because he was without doubt a disruptive influence and one of the culprits for Shez's demise. The thing is, I don't think that was malicious - to quote Sheridan about another player, "I don't think he's intelligent enough to be malicious."

Like qute a few professional footballers, he's just never grown up. His outlook on life, on the face of it, is that of a nine year old. That isn't to say he doesn't understand what he did - I think he does, and I think the regret for what happened will live with him forever. Without diminishing the grief of those who lost a loved one, I don't envy him living with that.

I love how it's always someone who's thrown their toys out of the pram in a childish tantrum that resorts to "grow up"!

If I get really bored this afternoon, I might look back over his posts and report every one that isn't about football... :wink:

........... yawn!

But it has a lot to do with the opinions of those who pay(ed) to watch him play, and thus is a reasonable debate topic.

What is being discussed is what happened in his private life. Nothing to do with anything else. It didn't happen on a football pitch!

What is being discussed is what happened in his private life. Nothing to do with anything else. It didn't happen on a football pitch!

No, what is being discussed by the posters you're cherry-picking is off-field (although still relevent). A great number of posts are about how they will react to his return and how they're greatful for his previous contribution.