No Gregan In Squad Tomorrow!

:shock:

After being part of a team that was destroyed 6-0 in midweek can't say i'm too surprised. I'm worried about Greegs, missing most of pre-season can't be good for someone of his age who toiled before in getting his sharpness back after injury. Good call by Dicky imo. Greegs is our leader but we need him FULLY fit for a trip to places such as the Valley.

I love Dicko but at this rate me and he will fall out. <_<

He's at least 6 games behind everyone else, no great suprise, though a last 10 mins cameo if we are not fighting to save the game or similar would have helped him out

Good call by PD though, all the players that have played well have kept their place.

He's at least 6 games behind everyone else, no great suprise, though a last 10 mins cameo if we are not fighting to save the game or similar would have helped him out

Good call by PD though, all the players that have played well have kept their place.

After tomorrow four out of the next five (inc tinpot paintbrush cup game) are at home and are all winnable, I hope Greegs will get some game time in those games...

Greegs clearly isn't fit at the moment (even by his own standards!).

We have centre-half cover so I'd much rather we eased him back into action. As Prozac says, we've got a good run of winnable home games coming up where the odd 10-15 minutes might be possible.

On a different note, I'm looking forward to seeing Smalley in action under Dickov. When on form and working hard he's a real handful. Unfortunately, under previous managers we haven't seen enough of this but if Lewis is anything to go by...

In my honest opinion I cant see Gregan get much game time this season, unless we really need him. Jarrett and Hazell look brilliant at the back and then we have cover with M'voto & McDonald. In a perfect world we could have the Gregan from last season but due to lack of pre-season he isnt fit at all, possibly too slow for a CB now, PD could play him in DM role infront of Jarrett and Hazell, see how that works, if he did play in that role he would always have cover if he got caught out.

Like PD has said, they all have to fight for the right to be in the team and maintain their place. No matter how old or young they are.

I like this, you have to prove yourself. Furman has done it, stephens too.

So we have Taylor, Smalley and when fit, a Gregan too. Wow, not bad players to have fighting to get into the 1st team.

Healthy competetion and keeps all on their toes......even us fans

Will Gregan still travel down with the players? As if he is the club captain and he will surely only be a positive influence in the dressing room?

Doubt it probably part of PD'S decision was based on a lengthy coach journey which would do Greegs no favours as he bids to regain fitness. Might as well save him for the run of home games coming up, good management in my opinion.

Doubt it probably part of PD'S decision was based on a lengthy coach journey which would do Greegs no favours as he bids to regain fitness. Might as well save him for the run of home games coming up, good management in my opinion.

Much quicker and more comfortable by train.

Edited by BP1960

He can afford to fly down. :wink: