Latics 2-1 Bournemouth

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I take credit for this victory please? Sitting by myself in my flat in Glasgow (having had a couple of beers) we were one nil down with about 75 minutes played. Feeling pretty crap I decided to start singing Oh When the Blues to perk me up - suddenly it was 1-1, so I carried on with more fervour and it became 2-1!!!

Bournemouth were unfortunate not to get anything out of the game after being the better side for much of the game, but their <superb> goal was scored from a free kick that never should have been - one of a number of very poor decicions by a hugely inconsistent referee.

As FMS said, our efforts were crying out for some wider support, and when we did take it down the wing we scored the winner.

A couple of players need to look at their positioning and overall performances today, as they had a bearing on the whole teams performance. That said, Bournemouth appear to be a well organised team who don't give opponents a second to spare on the ball, and will be up there at the end of the season, so we shouldn't be too critical of our performance.

A good win really.

Christ, we were dogsh*t today. Bournemouth must be fuming. But then again, serves 'em right, the time-wasting, niggly b@stards.

Poor back to front, with perhaps the exceptions of Lee, Mvoto and Allessandra who, for me, turned the game when he came on.

Fuming with the performance, but delighted with the result. It's about time we played poorly and won. It's normally the other way round.

The burning question this evening is...

Is chris taylor going through the motions?

Discuss..

PS great,if slightly fortunate win,Bournmouth well worth a point for mine.

Chris Taylors development seems to have plateaued (a little bit like eardley in his final season) something needs to change play him wide right for a few games and see what happens if we get nothing then we might have to think about moving him on.

2 reasons we won today

1 - putting 3 up front with 20 to go in that position you have to go for it we gambled it paid off

2 - The extra work that sports science guy has done gives us the edge going into the last 20 minutes of games.

Happy with the win we are 6th tonight :)

I don't think Taylor gets in the game alot. We wumph it down the right most of the time and jones can't get there. Anyway, as i said before in this thread, im pretty happy about the result. 6th is oright. Rochdale 5th. i think when we play them, it'll be a big big game. ;D

Chris Taylors development seems to have plateaued (a little bit like eardley in his final season) something needs to change play him wide right for a few games and see what happens if we get nothing then we might have to think about moving him on.

2 reasons we won today

1 - putting 3 up front with 20 to go in that position you have to go for it we gambled it paid off

2 - The extra work that sports science guy has done gives us the edge going into the last 20 minutes of games.

Happy with the win we are 6th tonight :)

I think picking Taylor out for criticism is wide of the mark today. Everything we did well in the first 20 mins involved him, then the ball stopped coming to feet and we lost the momentum. Alessandra's a better player for me, but then again i've said he had more potential for the past 3 seasons. Taylor on the right and Lewis on the left will see us beat a lot of teams, people are far too quick to write Taylor off and I think a number will end up looking a bit stupid as a result. I should add, i've nothing against Jones, he's a very capable player but when he's having a bad 'un he's a waste of a shirt at times, we'll have more consistency with LA and CT.

We played some neat stuff in the opening half hour, without any obvious penetration. The bite and the closing down the opposition was good. Then they got in to it. Was in the RRE - from where I was it looks like their goal was Brill's error, but I'm sure those in the Chaddy will put me right. Thought Lewis Alessandra made one hell of a difference. Hold up play, width and creativity. I wouldn't play Taylor next week.

Brill 5 - looked at fault for their goal and built a shocker of a wall for the free kick that hit the post second half.

Lee 6 - their winger gave him a bit of a pasting to be honest, but he was always an attacking threat. Joint top scorer now?

Black 7 - seemed fairly solid to me and delivered one terrific cross in the first half and laid on the winner after good work from Alessandra.

Hazell 6 - solid enough.

M'voto 6 - did the job, better in the air than last time he played, but still not the most cultured player I've ever seen.

Taylor 4 - in reply to the post above, yes, he is going through the motions. When are you going to stretch the opposition Chris? You're allowed to!

Jones 4 - less said the better. Not sure if it was tactical, but he appeared to be a 3rd central midfielder for long periods today.

Stephens 5 - it isn't quite happening for him at the moment, but he certainly gets stuck in - I'd have subbed him instead of Furman though.

Furman 6 - looke very good first half hour but as his game fell away so did the rest of the team.

Tounkare 8 - this guy's got something. Really rate him and his work rate and chuffed he scrambled one in today.

Feeney6 - don't underestimate his work rate either, but he needs more from support from the wide players and that didn't happen until LA came on.

Kelly - 6 - busy.

Alessandra - 9- stay fit and there's no way Dickov can leave him out.

Jarrett - peep peep peep. Did he touch it?

I think we played better at Peterborough and took a pasting for it. Funny old game.

Edited by opinions4u