Neal Trotman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will he get a game? I can't see the captain being dropped and big jean is playing too well to be dropped. Is he just going to stay in the reserves until his deal expires?

Depends when Jarrett's contract runs out, injuries, tactics etc. I can see Dickov "resting" a few players over xmas and it would give the squad a kick up the you know what if the captain got dropped.

Good news about getting Trotman back, he will improve our aeriel threat at corners.

I'd like to see Trotman and Mvoto as the central defensive partnership, Hazell as back up, give the captaincy to Furman.

So would I but I doubt it would go down to well in the dressing room. Dropping our own players and replacing them with short term loanees could well upset the apple cart. We have players playing for each other at the moment and that can soon turn sour. Jones and Alessandra have had their noses pushed out already

So would I but I doubt it would go down to well in the dressing room. Dropping our own players and replacing them with short term loanees could well upset the apple cart. We have players playing for each other at the moment and that can soon turn sour. Jones and Alessandra have had their noses pushed out already

I think Jones was only ever temporary on the RW till we signed a winger, i.e Morais/White

Hazell has no leadership qualities whatsoever (see the players attitude, fight and spirit last Tuesday and at Dale). I can see Trotman and Mvoto being the 1st choice within a few weeks. Evina at the back instead of Black, White on the left and Taylor on the right, sorted.

Hazell has no leadership qualities whatsoever (see the players attitude, fight and spirit last Tuesday and at Dale). I can see Trotman and Mvoto being the 1st choice within a few weeks. Evina at the back instead of Black, White on the left and Taylor on the right, sorted.

i think thats where we will realistically end up, with feeney or kelly playing off tounkara.

At the moment we have no money and unless we get some new investment from somewhere pretty soon Trotman will be back at Preston or somewhere else......what's the point of dropping Hazell and disrupting the back four to accomodate Trotman when he'll be gone in early January.

The Trotman of old would walk into our team but in truth he's hardly played a 1st team game this season and will need a few games to get up to speed by which time he will be back at Preston.

If Hazell gets injured then fair enough otherwise I can't see Trotman getting a game!

Listen Ron the manager playing players in their natural positions? That too simple

At the moment we have no money and unless we get some new investment from somewhere pretty soon Trotman will be back at Preston or somewhere else......what's the point of dropping Hazell and disrupting the back four to accomodate Trotman when he'll be gone in early January.

The Trotman of old would walk into our team but in truth he's hardly played a 1st team game this season and will need a few games to get up to speed by which time he will be back at Preston.

If Hazell gets injured then fair enough otherwise I can't see Trotman getting a game!

He wouldn't have come here if he wasnt guaranteed first team football

Two centre backs injured - only needs another injury and it is quite possible that MVoto would be recalled as cover until Turner and Bramble are back... :huh:

I may be wrong but I thought a recall is not allowed when its a season long loan. Anyone else remember Citeh trying to recall Joe Hart from Brum last year when Given got injured? Brum said no and that was end of!

no , at some point over the crimbo period he will play , which is his chance to keep that position if he plays well

But in fairness; that’s not “guaranteed football” though is it? That’s – ‘come in on loan, and when a position opens up at some point over the next 5 weeks; then take your chance when it comes along’.....which is not what you said in fairness. I think the only times when ‘guaranteed football’ is required / requested is when loans fail to work.....it’s a stipulation that’s can’t possibly work IMO.

Trotman wont have been guaranteed anything in regards this loan – just that there might be a greater chance of getting a game or 2 with us than there is for him Preston; considering he’s frozen out there. But IMO; that’s where that’ll will stop. No guarantees in football are there?

A tad strange move I thought this – we have Hazell (who people are tagging Captain Panic; but who i think has done a pretty darn good job so far this season all considered) & M’Voto as the 1st choices at CB, and then if either of them gets injured / suspended we have Jarrett; who did incredibly well in pre-season & the early start of the season before his sending off at Charlton......did we need another short term loan in that area? I’d have said a 2nd striker to play off Tounkara would have been more of a priority.

I may be wrong but I thought a recall is not allowed when its a season long loan. Anyone else remember Citeh trying to recall Joe Hart from Brum last year when Given got injured? Brum said no and that was end of!

Its because Citeh hadn't included a recall clause, not because it wasn't allowed. You put the recall clause in, you can recall and since Sunderland are probably paying a lot more of Mvoto's wages than Citeh were with Hart I doubt they haven't got a recall clause.

Its because Citeh hadn't included a recall clause, not because it wasn't allowed. You put the recall clause in, you can recall and since Sunderland are probably paying a lot more of Mvoto's wages than Citeh were with Hart I doubt they haven't got a recall clause.

Sunderland won't give a toss about recalling Mvoto. He is utterly no where near making their team, and unless they get relegated for a couple of seasons he won't do it in the near future.

He's been signed up by them as he is big and fits the physical criteria for signing youngsters, but he'll never be any good (for that level) and I'd suspect will be released now at the first opportunity.

I reckon we could sign him on a free if we tried, but that depends upon current wages/contract and Mvoto's ambitions.