Operation Pitch Clear

sounds like they have written the boxing day game off ????

It certainly does - and even the Rochdale game is in doubt as far as I can see - the weather forecast is not looking good for the New Year weekend.

So Swindon 8 January 2011 could be our next home game - 6 weeks since Exeter came back from the dead... time to get a second team methinks to tide me over... mmm Oxford or Reading... nah, I can wait.

sounds like they have written the boxing day game off ????

And that is the reason I won't be going to help clear. Grafting all morning to clear snow when it sounds like they've already decided to P-P it? Not for me thanks.

That, and the fact I'm on the verge of taking Macclesfield to the playoffs.

And that is the reason I won't be going to help clear. Grafting all morning to clear snow when it sounds like they've already decided to P-P it? Not for me thanks.

That, and the fact I'm on the verge of taking Macclesfield to the playoffs.

Did you read the article ?

The rarely-wrong Chron has gone a bitl Latics-positive:

But while the game against the Cumbrians has only an outside chance of taking place, the help of an army of volunteers will greatly increase the chances of staging the Rochdale derby on Monday, January 3 (3pm kick-off).

“We are hoping for a terrific turn-out of 100 people to come down here with shovels and wheelbarrows,” said Hardy.

“The more come down to assist us, the better. If we can get all the snow off, then if temperatures do rise slightly as anticipated it means the thaw won’t result in it all melting to leave a waterlogged pitch.”