Micah Richards

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because if someone had come in with a combined total of £750k they would have been sold to them. More Especially in those circumstances it was highest bidder wins, not even the best move for the player.

EDIT Same with Eardley, if someone would have offered £400k, they would have had him, but no one was prepared to pay it. We all know that would ahve been a steel, and that was before he got where he is now.

Not quite right there - Everton (I think) had actually lodged a higher bid for Fitz, it not being a visible market, but he didn't want to sign it, knowing that he would be sold anyway.

Eardley, I believe, was never going to sign another contract for us, and would have waited out his contract regardless of what we were offered if the deal on the table from the other club didn't suit him

Nah. The Nigels will be on the receiving end of some drunken abuse, don't you worry.

Ain't that the truth.

From the Beeb:

Manchester City are set to step up their interest in Netherlands right-back Gregory van der Wiel, 22, who has a fixed price of £17m written into his contract at Ajax.

Full story: Daily Mail

I'm confused with this Transfer window £18m for Bent yet only £3m for Pienaar!

From the Beeb:

Manchester City are set to step up their interest in Netherlands right-back Gregory van der Wiel, 22, who has a fixed price of £17m written into his contract at Ajax.

Pienaar out of contract end of season, Everton didnt want to lose him on a free.

Exactly, many factors can determine the fee you get, even if it isn't the players true value, as we are only too well aware.

Indeed but "worth" isn't a simple(!) calculation of the playing value as it has to have contract considerations factored in. Bottom line is that club's shouldn't pay more for a player in fees and wages than what he is worth to them which brings a whole range of other factors into play. But we all know that doesn't apply once the madness takes hold. Seth Johnson anyone?

From the Beeb:

has to be a kick in the teeth for him that...down the pecking order so i think its only a matter of time..if he wants to warm a bench play for the stiffs n collect his wage it will take longer...if he has any real ambition of getting back into the england squad and bettering himself he will seek a move sooner...

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-leag...for-premier-lea

Surely that would spell the end for Micah ?

all depends if it actually happens or if its just paper talk...

they were on about buying another right back last week,so you get the same old same old comming out again....

like i have said previously..all depends on the lads ambitions..if he wants first team footy and to get his england place back,then a move will happen....if he is happy to just get the odd game and take the money he will stay....

that said i think if shaun wright phillips leaves then that could just sway him,they are big pals by all accounts and spend a lot of down time together,if his bezzie mate left then he could feel isolated so to speak...

Bid from Juventus turned down by City according to Sky Sports today.

If he does go abroad will this affect the Latics percentage clause ?

unless he goes on a free then we will get nowt !!!!!!

Make no difference where he goes as long as he goes and quick.

Substituted after 88 minutes today.

Either he was a bit tired or is signing for Juventus tomorrow.

:grin:

Could hardly walk and had to be helped off by two backroom staff - might have put to bed our chances of a windfall in the short-term!