Not again!

Dagenham were very robust, just the sort of team to out muscle a lightweight Latics team

I thought Mark Arber was outstanding....nothing like the player he was in his spell at BP.

Just one observation - has anything ever resulted from the multitude of corner kicks Dale Stephens has taken, can no one else kick the ball more than 20 yards?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed their goal as I was looking at my phone but sounded like a mistake given the crowd's reaction.

Everyone in the ground switched off except for the Dagenham player who took the quick throw in and the midfielder who sneeked in. One Lapse in concentration thats all it was how many times have we said that before

Typical Latics today infact typical Latics this week

Weve had a magnificent 4-0 victory on tuesday, had our 87th new stadium application turned down, and managed to draw a game we should have won. It would also be typical Latics to go and win at Huddersfield and follow it up by getting beat 0-1 at home to Carlisle.

Incidentally since that 6-0 drubbing of southampton which could have left a few mental scars on our squad we have been unbeaten in 6 games.

Could be worse we could be Arsenal fans 4-0 up at HT and still f@*k it up

Edited by GlossopLatic

He did create the best chance of the first half with his run and great cross for Taylor.

He still pulls defenders all over the place which creates the space for Morais, Taylor and to a lesser extent White.

Garbage is a harsh description. I'd start him with Reid. Not sure who I'd leave out though!

It was a decent cross, credit where credit's due he did well to even get it in after Morais slightly over-hit the pass as he overlapped. Talyor then headed over a relatively open goal, unmarked from 3 yards.

I'm not fallen out with him by any means, his off the ball work is all well and dandy but today he messed up 9 out of 10 times he touched it. Had he given his average performance we'd have won. Players have bad games though - Tonk had one today and Dickov should have taken him off.

Nevertheless we should have won anyway. The stats show 18 shots to their 6, problem being only 5 were on target.

Stephen's 'fairy corners' are getting on my tits too. In contrast Billy Bingham's(?) flat corner balls were mean.

A lot of predictable over reaction just as their was following Tuesday's win, when people were making Morais King of Oldham. I think he was MOM today and that their coach did his homework a bit on us. A few had average days, no more, no less and I hate to see words like garbage applied to hard working young lads. We are a developing team, have some patience FFS!

Just one observation - has anything ever resulted from the multitude of corner kicks Dale Stephens has taken, can no one else kick the ball more than 20 yards?

I commented positively about Stephens' delivery from corners a few weeks ago - he tends to land them in exactly the right place. But another poster (sorry, can't remember who) made the point that there is a lack of pace on them. Got to admit, while the trajectory remains good they do need a lot more fizz on them.

And our players need to win more headers from crosses at both ends of the pitch.

I commented positively about Stephens' delivery from corners a few weeks ago - he tends to land them in exactly the right place. But another poster (sorry, can't remember who) made the point that there is a lack of pace on them. Got to admit, while the trajectory remains good they do need a lot more fizz on them.

And our players need to win more headers from crosses at both ends of the pitch.

It's been a problem now for several seasons and every opposing team knows it.

It was a decent cross, credit where credit's due he did well to even get it in after Morais slightly over-hit the pass as he overlapped. Talyor then headed over a relatively open goal, unmarked from 3 yards.

I'm not fallen out with him by any means, his off the ball work is all well and dandy but today he messed up 9 out of 10 times he touched it. Had he given his average performance we'd have won. Players have bad games though - Tonk had one today and Dickov should have taken him off.

Nevertheless we should have won anyway. The stats show 18 shots to their 6, problem being only 5 were on target.

Stephen's 'fairy corners' are getting on my tits too. In contrast Billy Bingham's(?) flat corner balls were mean.

tonks is a handfull..but his first touch is very poor.anything that hits him just bounces away and we concede possesion....like you say credit where its due his cross was superd,and he did a similar one in second half....but on the whole he has been off it for a few games now....

draw was probably fair result...we didnt take our chances when we had them,they took theres and punished us..had we got the second i think it would have ended up an easy win...but we didnt...

not got anything from corners since i cant remember,need to shake em up a bit and give someone else a go...

still in the mix...so alls well

Scrappy match today with a few of our players having off days. Some of our play today was sloppy too.

Tounkare frustrates the hell out of me with his token jumps for the ball, for a big man he's piss poor in the air. As someone already mentioned white was anonymous today.

Still, a win at huddersfield next week will atone for todays disappointment.

i thought it was a pretty disappointing day all round today. we were clearly the better team but apart from a ten minute spell in the second half, never seemed too bothered about finding top gear and therefore never put them under as much pressure as we should have done.

having said that, their goalkeeper made the £20 admission seem a bargain.

best. goal. celebration. ever.

never laughed so hard when we've conceded a goal.

having said that, their goalkeeper made the £20 admission seem a bargain.

best. goal. celebration. ever.

never laughed so hard when we've conceded a goal.

didn't see the celebration but in the first half at the RRE when he was having a laugh with the fans at a stoppage and had a kick with the ball boy was the best bit of the game for me.

Worst team to visit BP this season and probably in recent years. They dragged us down to their level.

Agreed. I thought from a technical perspective they were absolutely appalling. In fact I was more impressed with Chasetown when we had them in the cup a few years back but in terms of work rate and organisation they were very good and that stopped us playing a bit. Nevertheless, anyone who thinks we didn't deserve to win that game is kidding themselves. Despite not playing particularly well in any area of the field we created the best chances and far more of them, once again not being clinical in front of goal has cost us.

A frustrating day but I have confidence that this team can go to Huddersfield and take 3 points (if we can put away one of our likely numerous chances).

Worst team to visit BP this season and probably in recent years. They dragged us down to their level.

that's harsh. they came with a game plan, looked better than us a few times and knew what they were doing. there have been worse this season for sure, tranmere last season and maybe swindon or yeovil this season.

there's nothing wrong with going to a higher club and playing for a point

Yeah i agree, just a very physical team that utilised the hoof ball tactic pretty well, only one team that tried to play football, but the 1st half in general and after they scored, we too played to direct for my liking.

that's harsh. they came with a game plan, looked better than us a few times and knew what they were doing. there have been worse this season for sure, tranmere last season and maybe swindon or yeovil this season.

there's nothing wrong with going to a higher club and playing for a point

No, there isn't and fair play to them. But you never felt a spark of quality was going to get them a goal: it was going to be through a set piece or a cockup by us. They had to have some sort of game plan because we'd have taken them to the cleaners as we did to Hartlepool in midweek had they not. They came to stop us playing, which worked for 70 minutes or so. We failed to be ruthless in those 20 minutes, which is our failing and nothing else.

Not an over-reaction in the slightist, Dag+Red are bottom of the league- lack in concentration at the back and we draw- terrible result.

Just look at are results for inconsisitancy, and if we were to make the play-offs it would mean winning games just like today.

Totally an over-reaction. Of course all Oldham fans think we should have won against the bottom side, but football is a funny owd game.

Look what happened in the prem, bottom side beat top side (not mentioning names ^_^ )

One swallow doesn't make a summer, and 2 dropped points doesn't mean we are not going up......... yet.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, and 2 dropped points doesn't mean we are not going up......... yet.

It's an extraordinary league this season. Which adds to the optimism (now becoming expectation) that Dickov's side has given us all.

For me we've conceded a handful more home goals than a promotion/play-off contender can afford to and my head tells me that we're just short. The league table and Posh's game in hand support this, although it is extraordinarily close and a half decent run and some good results against teams in the top half of the table can turn this round.

We've dropped points at home against Dagenham, Yeovil, Bristol Rovers and Orient who are perhaps the teams we should have been expecting more against if our challenge is to succeed.

Yesterday wasn't good enough from a team that wants promotion. But we still should have won the game.

Every team in the division is going to have an off day or two at some point. We've just had one of ours.

We move on of course, but only if we've learned from it. Pumping the ball in the air against a team that were winning 95% of the headers wasn't smart, especially when most of our goals come from playing the ball on the floor through our wings.

Half-arsed performances from Tounkare, Stephens and Trotman, plus ineffectual use of White and Evina's pace all added to a very mediocre performance, when we'd hoped that another fabulous display might encourage the extra few hundred supporters who were there to come back regularly. Bad timing again Latics.

We know they can do better, and the players know they can too. They shouldn't put this completely behind them though - they should use it as an example of why you need to be 100% alert and commited, and go out there on Saturday knowing that they can beat anyone if they remain switched on, but can slip up against even the bottom clubs if they don't.

We're still in a great position, and there's no reason why we can't be in the play-offs at the end of the campaign as long as PD and GT work on mental stamina and 100% application.