A Statement from OAFC Directors

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because to be honest, Boundary Park isnt fit for purpose anymore unfortunately. I do feel that there isnt a need to leave in such haste though!

so if Failsworth had gone through, it would be a couple of years before we could move into it! Were they always going to close BP down at the end of the season, whatever?

so if Failsworth had gone through, it would be a couple of years before we could move into it! Were they always going to close BP down at the end of the season, whatever?

Maybe they've recently had a decent offer for the land and the prospective owners want us off?

Dont have a clue if its true, its just a rumour I heard -

the main stand is full of asbestos and needs to be knockd down, and given that to be registered as a football league club we need to have at least 3 sides to our stadium, we would have to build a temporary wooden stand (like blackpool did).

It's called a "going concern" - accounting for a loss is not so difficult when you can see a profitable situation in the future. When that's taken away/lost/wasted (whatever) it becomes a much more difficult decision.

It's not deception - in this instance - just life.

Dont have a clue if its true, its just a rumour I heard -

the main stand is full of asbestos and needs to be knockd down, and given that to be registered as a football league club we need to have at least 3 sides to our stadium, we would have to build a temporary wooden stand (like blackpool did).

Or use the type of temporary stand that the commonwealth stadium had before Citeh moved in.

I'm guessing we'd put up temporary mediacl facilities, offices and changing rooms with running water too...

Rotherham had portakabins for changing rooms for a few years. I know cos I've been in them! If it was good enough for them then its good enough for us.

When we were having the showers and bogs renovated at work we had portakabins with showers and toilets in on the station yard. If it's good enough for hairy arsed firemen then it's good enough for our players. Fortunately we aren't blessedwith premier league primadonnas demanding to bathe in goats milk.

Theres a mobile mammogram scan thingy parked up at the back of Royton medical centre. If it's good enough for detecting cancers then a similar type vehicle will be good enough for rubbing deep heat on taylors bollocks.

Most construction sites use portakabins as offices. If it's good enough for Wembleys contractors then it's good enough for AH and the ticket sales lady with the lovely jubblies.

Next?

It's still there, 80% favour at 300 votes, so it is easy to see if it drops.

Lol...come on fella, I give you more credit than that!

So after the current bombshell that has shed SC in a different light (for some), we can all cast our 300 votes again on it? No...thought not...I think it'd be a bit different if it was done again now with the strapline "In light of the recent news that Oldham Athletic will be playing out of the Borough in 2011/12" how do you feel SC has performed...Anyway.......

Lol...come on fella, I give you more credit than that!

So after the current bombshell that has shed SC in a different light (for some), we can all cast our 300 votes again on it? No...thought not...I think it'd be a bit different if it was done again now with the strapline "In light of the recent news that Oldham Athletic will be playing out of the Borough in 2011/12" how do you feel SC has performed...Anyway.......

It's 300, since then his score would plummet no?

When he's kicked us out, he will get a rubbish rating, and I am not working on a praise Simon Corney petition at the moment, I'll judge him by his actions.

Aye, but in this case he probably wasn't wrong was he? Have you walked around the town in the last few years? It's an embarrassing dump!

Highlight of the week for a lot of people is going in Primark....now that is a depressing dump of a store. The stuff is made by people who are virtually slave

labour thats why its cheap and the no mark Oldhamers flock there....Now if you wash it once..it doesnt fit any more...... but a lot of those who use Primark

seem to have avoided the washing thing as part of their daily routine. The market ???? Enough said.....nothing on it but Islam books and clothes.....

Night out sir ??? OK if you want hitting over the head from behind by a dick. Disgrace...... yet fat face Sykes is beaming away in the paper most nights....

Police ??? Waste of space....

CS Officers see above.

Saddleworth ?....Ten bob millionaires most of them...."all top show and jampot ont table"....one of my mums sayings :)

Hill Stores "flagship" Tesco................... 95 percent of customers.....scrotes....85 percent of staff......scrotes

This store has a VALUE booze aisle..............no kidding it has.....

Potato product freezer section.............99 percent chips...1 percent smiley faces...

Could go on and on...

BUT Latics MUST stay in OLDHAM

Now I know I'm a little bit late on this, and I am repeating myself as I have posted this somewhere before, but I'm going to chip in anyway.

I work for a multi-disciplinary consultancy. We do everything you could possible imagine. We design buildings, we take them through planning, we do ground testing, we look at ecology. The whole lot. (I'm a tree hugger in a suit who checks they're sustainable)

I am working on a project in Warrington that is classed as a community sports facility. It is a flagship project that is receiving funding from various pots as well as from private investors and partners such as Warrington Wolves.

I emailed Alan Hardy and Simon Corney some time ago to tell them about this project (after BP was condemned I think). Could we help in any way? Try and go down the same route? Could we come in and have a chat? Free of charge. I knew the architect firm they were using, but we could offer so much more.

Brick wall.

Not interested.

We will stick with these architects.

And that was it for me. My opinion was formed. They aren't interested in taking the club forward. Big time blinkers. There's an end game, I'm not sure what it is, but I believe they do not have Latics as the priority.

Now I know I'm a little bit late on this, and I am repeating myself as I have posted this somewhere before, but I'm going to chip in anyway.

I work for a multi-disciplinary consultancy. We do everything you could possible imagine. We design buildings, we take them through planning, we do ground testing, we look at ecology. The whole lot. (I'm a tree hugger in a suit who checks they're sustainable)

I am working on a project in Warrington that is classed as a community sports facility. It is a flagship project that is receiving funding from various pots as well as from private investors and partners such as Warrington Wolves.

I emailed Alan Hardy and Simon Corney some time ago to tell them about this project (after BP was condemned I think). Could we help in any way? Try and go down the same route? Could we come in and have a chat? Free of charge. I knew the architect firm they were using, but we could offer so much more.

Brick wall.

Not interested.

And that was it for me. My opinion was formed. They aren't interested in taking the club forward. Big time blinkers. There's an end game, I'm not sure what it is, but I believe they do not have Latics as the priority.

As we've said all along they cry wolf time and time again, but lots of ideas and help has been put forward but it doesn't help with 'Project Pull-out'….Now the council know they have to do something now to keep football in Oldham...

Edited by oafcprozac

Brick wall.

Not interested.

latics was a priority in the beggining...but now its a case of build a new ground to make self sustainable and attract a new buyer,recoup outlay....leave latics in new ground..end of..

I think I posted this before but..................SC wants out of the Borough, yes his dummies out of the pram and its a possible knee jerk reaction (which it is) Hes just sick of it all and one way of giving the council a bloody nose is to move out. Do I want us out of the borough, No.......... not in the long run however a part of me thinks SOD EM!

Ground share with Dale and make the council do the running about rather than us having to do all the work. Do I think the asbestos stuff is true...............Nope, if you dont touch it, it can stay in the stand, it wont jump out and grab you by the throat as you enjoy a Half time pie (if you can get one!)

Thats why I think SC wants out, Dummies, pram, football club and all. I'm behind it 100% and I live within 2 mins walk of BP. He has to do something, I say stuff Charlie Parker!

LOVE the club HATE the town

I think I posted this before but..................SC wants out of the Borough, yes his dummies out of the pram and its a possible knee jerk reaction (which it is) Hes just sick of it all and one way of giving the council a bloody nose is to move out. Do I want us out of the borough, No.......... not in the long run however a part of me thinks SOD EM!

Ground share with Dale and make the council do the running about rather than us having to do all the work. Do I think the asbestos stuff is true...............Nope, if you dont touch it, it can stay in the stand, it wont jump out and grab you by the throat as you enjoy a Half time pie (if you can get one!)

Thats why I think SC wants out, Dummies, pram, football club and all. I'm behind it 100% and I live within 2 mins walk of BP. He has to do something, I say stuff Charlie Parker!

LOVE the club HATE the town

I want what's right for Oldham Athletic football club and its fans - not Simon Corney….

Highlight of the week for a lot of people is going in Primark....now that is a depressing dump of a store. The stuff is made by people who are virtually slave

labour thats why its cheap and the no mark Oldhamers flock there....Now if you wash it once..it doesnt fit any more...... but a lot of those who use Primark

seem to have avoided the washing thing as part of their daily routine. The market ???? Enough said.....nothing on it but Islam books and clothes.....

Night out sir ??? OK if you want hitting over the head from behind by a dick. Disgrace...... yet fat face Sykes is beaming away in the paper most nights....

Police ??? Waste of space....

CS Officers see above.

Saddleworth ?....Ten bob millionaires most of them...."all top show and jampot ont table"....one of my mums sayings :)

Hill Stores "flagship" Tesco................... 95 percent of customers.....scrotes....85 percent of staff......scrotes

This store has a VALUE booze aisle..............no kidding it has.....

Potato product freezer section.............99 percent chips...1 percent smiley faces...

Could go on and on...

BUT Latics MUST stay in OLDHAM

If Latics leave the borough, it's just another dirty great nail in the coffin of the town. The council has allowed opportunity bypass the town again and again and sadly now as a town we are now reaping what we have sown. A new stadium within the borough with good community facilities could be a turning point for the future of the whole town. It could kick start a whole regeneration project with the metrolink coming next year providing better links in and out of the borough.

If Latics leave the borough, it's just another dirty great nail in the coffin of the town. The council has allowed opportunity bypass the town again and again and sadly now as a town we are now reaping what we have sown. A new stadium within the borough with good community facilities could be a turning point for the future of the whole town. It could kick start a whole regeneration project with the metrolink coming next year providing better links in and out of the borough.

As me and the wife were discussing last week Dan, Metrolink will simply allow people to continually bypass the town and make it much more convenient to do so. I can't wait, I won't have to go out in this :censored:ty town again. Jump on the tram at the new tram stop at the former Rose Mill at the end of my street and i'll be in vibrant Manchester within 15 minutes, shopping, boozing, leisure facilities etc… last one to leave turn out the lights….

Edited by oafcprozac

In all seriousness a new stadium could be the catalyst for more encouraging more investment in leisure within Oldham - the council really has to deliver now, no more excuses from them or the club. They must get their heads together and plan, pass, build and deliver a community facility the town can actually be proud of. Whilst they're at, it stop the Rugby pissing about at The Whitebank and get them back on board. Look at what Hull, Wigan, Doncaster and Huddersfield have delivered for their townsfolk...

Edited by oafcprozac