Rueben Reid Stays!

I thint it is an imprtant factor that the right sort of feloow striker can make a big difference to Reid making the most of his attributes.

Clearly we all expect to sign another decent striker, otherwise we would have have our main strikeforce as Feeney and Reid, Dickov has pointed out he learnt a lot from last season, I'd say that was the number one lesson.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he outscored Feeney and Brooke combined.

My big concern was/is his fitness. If he couldn't shift the weight when playing a reasonable number of games, how will he do it pre-season?

As for his ability, there were more than a few signs that he's a striker who can get in the right position. Whereas Tonk didn't appear to have that instinct, Reid does.

Hopefully the lad can deliver next season.

In all fairness fitness is something you build up though, he came to us well short of match fitness. With a decent pre season behind him, I think he could do well for us.

Well he outscored Feeney and Brooke combined.

My big concern was/is his fitness. If he couldn't shift the weight when playing a reasonable number of games, how will he do it pre-season?

As for his ability, there were more than a few signs that he's a striker who can get in the right position. Whereas Tonk didn't appear to have that instinct, Reid does.

Hopefully the lad can deliver next season.

Bit harsh to bring Brooke, who started just two games, into that argument.

If anyone can pick a striker, it's PD. OK, OK, I know Feeney's done Faff-all, but I think a fit Reid will do the business. He showed flashes of what he can do and just could be our fox-in-the-box. It's the service we give him and who he plays up top with that's important if he's going to be our main striker.

Well done to the kid, though, for taking a pay drop to stay. :applause1:

Also shows, most likely, that he wants to play for PD & GT. I couldn't imagine anyone actually wanting to come back and play for Dangerous Dave.

So another :applause1: for Mr Dickov

If only... one thing that I have not seen is his ability to pick a striker... we'll see with Reid - last year we only saw glimpses of his talent - in Dickov we trust. :huh:

I felt from Colchester onwards we have started to see the best of Reid i also think given time and alot of work him and Feeney(cough cough) could actually work well together. Thats unless Dickov is able to bring in another forward.

I felt from Colchester onwards we have started to see the best of Reid i also think given time and alot of work him and Feeney(cough cough) could actually work well together. Thats unless Dickov is able to bring in another forward.

Or told Feeney that he is surplus to requirements

might as well sign Reid if hes on peanuts

keep faith with Feeney, we will see the best next season . . top scorer

Not sure I agree with the Feeney comment..

But he cannot have a worse season, can he?

Even if he is injured all season, he wont be as inefftive as this one..

I think it is an important factor that the right sort of fellow striker can make a big difference to Reid making the most of his attributes.

Apologies for correcting the spelling, just a symptom of my OCD, I guess you are on a mobile device?

Very important point, Reid looked like a man in need of a partner, I've banged the Alessandra

drum for a long time, he is a player that can bring the best out in others, I hope that Dickov changes his mind & re-signs Lewis. It might also help if being released gives Lewis a jolt into put 100% into training as well as on the pitch as a few managers now haven't seen what I think Lewis can bring.

I can't say I'm overwhelmed at signing Reid, but given our budget getting him on reduced terms is a good move by the club.

I think he has some ability, but came to us unfit and overweight.

He needs to shift some weight, get fit and show us more of what he has already shown in glimpses.

He also needs a decent strike partner, and I don't mean Feeney.

I can't say I'm overwhelmed at signing Reid, but given our budget getting him on reduced terms is a good move by the club.

He needs to shift some weight, get fit and show us more of what he has already shown in glimpses.

It annoys me that he came to us unfit and overweigh , says to me he couldnt be arsed looking after himself when he didnt have a club

There was something about Reid that I liked, he had something about him that was that little bit extra. Give him the right sort of strike partner, and actually I think Feeney was beginning to get the understanding with him, and he could be a 20 goal a season man. Yes he was lazy and yes he doesn't appear to put effort in but so was Hughes and quite a few strikers we've had and other higher up sides have had. Those who are less lazy might often score less goals.

I had a chat with his Dad at Exeter and from the brief impression I got his family will try and keep him grounded and this emphasises that. However, it could be that he needs some money and a guaranteed income this year. Considering how hard it might be for a footballer to get a contract this off-season taking a pay-cut to get one at a place you've been at for 6 months with a coaching team that has some faith in you will not be the worst option. Also vastly reduced terms, dropping 10% could be seen as that a footballer's contract could be very complicated and if he does well I doubt he will be loosing out that much.

I think it's a good signing to be honest. At the minute id say he is the main striker and I reckon he will like that! Iv heard from a few different Rochdale fans that he's a bit of a big head and likes to be the big I am. This could work in great favour for us. We now have a striker who without doubt has pottential although we didn't really see it, pre season to get fit which i recall in a interview he is well aware of and the possibility of another striker to keep pushing him. Let's get shut of Feeney and start the new season with a bang!!