As i posted in a thread a few months ago, trotman barely played all season until he joined us, then their was the cold weather which cancelled alot of games, then he had to play around 16 games in around 50 odd days.. Not exactly good for him is it?

Also i said give him pre-season to prove himself, he has the ability, we have seen it before.. Just for him to prove himself.. My opinion is letting Hazell go and getting Trotman would be a good move for us..

Granted Trotters wouldn't get any playing time, but his physical condition was pretty poor.....about the level of Goram second time around.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted Trotters wouldn't get any playing time, but his physical condition was pretty poor.....about the level of Goram second time around.

No harm in giving him pre-season if no other offers, what have we to lose?

He wasn't any better than brill really, just looked like he knew what he was doing when he didn't a lot of the time. If we got him for a season though and he could work with a defence for longer, he could be a good signing. He cane with a 'big' name from a big club but he was at fault for about 5 goals at least and let 5 and 6 in in those two matches

i thought he could of done better with all three sheff wednesday games.

My MOTM against MK dons away.

All three Sheff Wednesday games?

Don't know if I've missed something or just been :whoosh: ed but didn't we only play S.W. twice and he didn't play in any?

Edited by SholverBlue

I look at where Amos ranks amongst United's next generation and how Fergie has dealt with his kids in the past. If they were in the top bunch, they were sometimes loaned out to get experience before joining the main squad ie Beckham at Preston. If they were in the middle group, Fergie would loan them out with a view to getting experience before selling them on, as in the case of Foster. And because of the size of United's academy, a large number fall by the wayside without getting a decent sniff of first team action such as Wellens, Jones or Brandy. I think Amos is definately in the middle group but not good enough for the top group.

either the rarely wrong reporters read this board or they have the same info as me

bottom paragraph of this chron article

i think a full pre season with us and more time spent with his defence he would be a better player.

I was also told he only trained with us part time last year. That would also have to change and would explain his apparent lack of communication/understanding with his defence

We are a League 1 club with little budget, to get a keeper as good as Amos, on loan, likely not much contribution to wage, at an age where he will develop quickly, I cant believe that some people wouldnt take him. Im guessing these are the fans who think because we once had Lee Grant on loan that we have a right to an excellent keeper all the time. The kids not bad and would be a lot better than most of the keepers we play against.