M'Voto SIGNS!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, it's a good signing but let's get a sense of perspective here, he's not signed for peanuts, we've probably gone back to him with an improved offer and made him one of our top earners. As good as he is in the air, there are question marks surrounding his ability when the ball is on the floor which is what I'm worried about opposition teams targeting next season, it's not a "coup", or a "massive signing" it's a good signing and we've got a competent centre back in our defence.

We still need another and I'd really like us to get Trotman, give him a pre-season and he'll be back to his best.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Oh yee of little faith.

Credit to Dickov on this one. If he can sell the club to someone of M'Voto's status when the likes of Huddersfield are in the chase, then fair play.

The sale of Stephens will be well worthwhile if he can now also bring in the striker that he wants. I'd take M'Voto and the striker over keeping Stephens every day of the week and I say that as one of Stephens's fans.

The only way we had success previously was with a manager who could wheel and deal, sacrificing 1 hear and there for the benefit of the many.

This signing will leave a number of our fans absolutely speechless.

I agree, I forgot about Joe and Frizz' ability to wheel and deal, let's be honest though we've had a few clueless idiots in the market over the last 15 years or so.

Stainrod for Palmer

Wylde for Quinn

Quinn for Futcher

Wylde for Quinn

Ward to allow Milligan to get his chance

Futcher for Ormondroyd!!! (That was crazy!!)

But then we sold Kevin Moore for a small profit and signed Stitch

Linighan for Marshall and Rhodes

Goram to allow us to sign Barrett, Kelly and Bunn and we had Gorton to cover anyway

Flynn for Hallworth and A Holden

Wright for Adams and Holdenetc, etc, etc

If Dicky can wheel and deal half as well as Joe did we'll be ok

After being very depressed over the last few weeks, teh boys training yesterday and the friendlies looming has cheered me up. Thanks for proving me wrong Dicky, if we can keep JVM fit we've got hope...striker(s) next....

Indeed, it's a good signing but let's get a sense of perspective here, he's not signed for peanuts, we've probably gone back to him with an improved offer and made him one of our top earners. As good as he is in the air, there are question marks surrounding his ability when the ball is on the floor which is what I'm worried about opposition teams targeting next season, it's not a "coup", or a "massive signing" it's a good signing and we've got a competent centre back in our defence.

We still need another and I'd really like us to get Trotman, give him a pre-season and he'll be back to his best.

According to PD, he would have signed a few weeks ago but was in France, money will be an issue but i'm sure it wasn't the only issue. I think PD has given the lad faith in his own ability and he clearly has faith in PD and GT. The only issue for me is him missing significant chunks of the last two seasons.

A great signing, really inmpressed with Big Jean last season. We didnt concede too many goals last season to teams other than the top 3 or 4 and JYM was a big part of that. A deadly striker, quality replacement for Stephens (Lowe on a season loan perhaps?) and a decent keeper will see us competing I think.

This time last week I was told"Mvoto is signing next week""Stephens is off to Charlton""Donaldson is likely to sign next week"At the time I thought it was all a bit too much, but hey, two of them have come into fruition, so who knows. :wink:

Your source is miles better and reliable than the 'football-rumours' website already :)

GET IN "BIG JEAN" IS GOING ON MY SHIRT ALSO

GREAT PIECE OF BUSINESS BY LATICS

OUT WITH THE OLD....(always though Hazell was a good survent)

BUT IN WITH THE NEW...(worth money, very young and better than Hazell)

VERY RISKY TO LET HAZELL GO, AS IF WE HAD MISSED OUT OF BIG JEAN WE COULD HAVE BEEN IN BIG TROUBLE....

GREAT NEWS, LETS GET CODY MCDONALD IN, AND AN A PHYSCIAL/PASS-ALL-DAY-LONG- CENTRE MID

UP THE BLUES

NOW I WILL BUY MY SEASON TICKET

GET IN "BIG JEAN" IS GOING ON MY SHIRT ALSO

GREAT PIECE OF BUSINESS BY LATICS

OUT WITH THE OLD....(always though Hazell was a good survent)

BUT IN WITH THE NEW...(worth money, very young and better than Hazell)

VERY RISKY TO LET HAZELL GO, AS IF WE HAD MISSED OUT OF BIG JEAN WE COULD HAVE BEEN IN BIG TROUBLE....

GREAT NEWS, LETS GET CODY MCDONALD IN, AND AN A PHYSCIAL/PASS-ALL-DAY-LONG- CENTRE MID

UP THE BLUES

NOW I WILL BUY MY SEASON TICKET

As PD said, he would have signed 2 weeks ago, but was in France with his family.

Obviously why he wasnt botherd about letting Hazell go.

I agree, I forgot about Joe and Frizz' ability to wheel and deal, let's be honest though we've had a few clueless idiots in the market over the last 15 years or so.

Stainrod for Palmer

Wylde for Quinn

Quinn for Futcher

Wylde for Quinn

Ward to allow Milligan to get his chance

Futcher for Ormondroyd!!! (That was crazy!!)

But then we sold Kevin Moore for a small profit and signed Stitch

Linighan for Marshall and Rhodes

Goram to allow us to sign Barrett, Kelly and Bunn and we had Gorton to cover anyway

Flynn for Hallworth and A Holden

Wright for Adams and Holdenetc, etc, etc

If Dicky can wheel and deal half as well as Joe did we'll be ok

After being very depressed over the last few weeks, teh boys training yesterday and the friendlies looming has cheered me up. Thanks for proving me wrong Dicky, if we can keep JVM fit we've got hope...striker(s) next....

Unbeleiveable.

How can you forget anything? :-p)