Good look Trotters and thanks for your services both times!

Didn't get the best out of him 2nd time around, dont know if he will ever find his original form ever again!

A potentially top draw player ruined by a bad injury! I doubt he's ever gonna be more than a decent league 1 player!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

I thought he looked class when he came back in January. His performance against Swindon is one of the best individual performances from one of our players last season.

I definitely would have liked him back permanently. I think Dale have made a good signing there.

I thought he looked class when he came back in January. His performance against Swindon is one of the best individual performances from one of our players last season.

I definitely would have liked him back permanently. I think Dale have made a good signing there.

Really? Hmmm - each to their own I suppose; but I happen to think he looked pretty terrible for us 2nd time around. Unfit and a mere shadow of the player who left us..........the fact that PD dropped him for an unproven 17 year old said it all for me; & I would have done the same.

'Dale have potentially made a decent signing there; but we'll see eh? He certainly isnt the player now we sold back then.......

Really? Hmmm - each to their own I suppose; but I happen to think he looked pretty terrible for us 2nd time around. Unfit and a mere shadow of the player who left us..........the fact that PD dropped him for an unproven 17 year old said it all for me; & I would have done the same.

'Dale have potentially made a decent signing there; but we'll see eh? He certainly isnt the player now we sold back then.......

Slow, disinterested, lost his spring and nowhere near as effective as when we sold him and he played in our two heaviest defeats of the season….can he get it back? Well he's barely played in THREE years, I think not and tbh I never thought he was that fantastic first time round. He had potential yes and lots of it but he's approaching his mid-20s and is still promising potential, but now after another two or three bad injuries. At 24 he should be developing, but he's regressed in a big way imo. Nothing against the lad and Good luck to him but i'm glad we steered clear. As you say when you get dropped for Tarky an unproven kid something's not right and we improved markedly at the back once Tarky and M'Voto were thrown in.

Edited by oafcprozac

Slow, disinterested, lost his spring and nowhere near as effective as when we sold him and he played in our two heaviest defeats of the season….can he get it back? Well he's barely played in THREE years, I think not and tbh I never thought he was that fantastic first time round. He had potential yes and lots of it but he's approaching his mid-20s and is still promising potential, but now after another two or three bad injuries. At 24 he should be developing, but he's regressed in a big way imo. Nothing against the lad and Good luck to him but i'm glad we steered clear. As you say when you get dropped for Tarky an unproven kid something's not right and we improved markedly at the back once Tarky and M'Voto were thrown in.

Agree that he didn't show his best form second time around but IMO a lot of that was down to playing alongside the truly awful Hazell, if he'd played with M'Voto more then I think he might have been signing for us permanently this summer rather than Rochdale.

As for Tarkowski playing in front of him I reckon that have had more to do with appearance money rather than ability.

We are taking far less of a chance with The Diamond than dale are here. Lets not forget we kept him for a year as a kid when if was out for as season, if has barely had a fit spell in his career. We still let him go for peanuts though, typical latics.

Nothing like the player who burst into the team a few years ago. When we got him back I thought him and Mvoto would be an awesome partnership, but sadly that never materialised. The injuries have taken their toll on Trotters and I fear (for him) that he will never be the player he could have been.

I thought he would be an awesome signing when he came in, but he looked like he could not be arsed. It was not Hazell's fault the guy has become a shadow of his former self, the real culprits are himself, Darren Ferguson, Paul Simpson, Alan Irvine and his agent.

Good luck to him. Obviously disappointed with his overall form 2nd time around but I wouldn't go as far as saying that he's lost it. Away at Plymouth he was at his dominant best. What happened after that I struggle to understand.

For the right money he may have been worth the gamble but I'm happier we spent the money on Mvoto.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I liked him first time around, but only because he had a youthful exuberance about him. He was a poor footballer and was fortunate he had enough athletic ability to recover from his lack of positional sense. Clearly had potential, which unfortunately hasn't been fulfilled (yet, possibly) due to a series of injuries.

But he's not our player so he continues to be insignificant.

Agree that he didn't show his best form second time around but IMO a lot of that was down to playing alongside the truly awful Hazell, if he'd played with M'Voto more then I think he might have been signing for us permanently this summer rather than Rochdale.

As for Tarkowski playing in front of him I reckon that have had more to do with appearance money rather than ability.

Really? REALLY?!

In my opinion, yes. Think he benefitted from playing alongside Gregan a lot of the time.

Anyone would benefit from playign alongside Gregan. Rubes was pretty solid most of the time and made the occasional glaring mistake, much like Dean Brill really. Some people choose to only remember when he cost us a game rather than the numerous games where he was very solid. If you ever listened to Latics Player the opposition commentators often remarked on him marking forwards out of the game.

In my opinion, yes. Think he benefitted from playing alongside Gregan a lot of the time.

He never played alongside Gregan. He only broke into the team to replace Gregan when he was out with a long term injury. His regular partner was Stam, and when he was injured, Hazell.