The council will own the lancaster club site at the end of this. They are doing this to make up to blitz and gazal for shagging up the whole thing. It has nothing to do with the money they have loaned to the club. Suggesting that the money should all be spent on the new stand is asking them to lose an extra £5m.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The council will own the lancaster club site at the end of this. They are doing this to make up to blitz and gazal for shagging up the whole thing. It has nothing to do with the money they have loaned to the club. Suggesting that the money should all be spent on the new stand is asking them to lose an extra £5m.

You I don't want to look back at what might have been but had the initial Oldham Arena plans been pushed through straight away we could:

- Now have a redevloped Boundary Park.

- Not had the whole catastophic mess that was Failsowrth

- The council would not have had to hand over £5.7 million of the tax payers money to Corney Gazal and Blitz as an apology.

- Have created 1000 jobs.

You have to say that was an extrodinary piece of wisdom from Councilor Bashforth that November evening back in 2007.

Gosh there are some gold medal moaners.

We are where we are.

The ground will be redeveloped. It will begin within 12 months.

we are staying at BP.

Opportunities under different councils and different boards of directors have been missed but now we are actually going to get progress. This is a time to look forward not bemoan the past.

A question that may have been answered elsewhere but I may have missed it.

Will the new houses that have been built affect the planning permission we have, or does the site of the houses have an impact on the size of the stands that can be built etc.

This is not a moan, but I am sure there are issues about light etc that might come into play.

Especially where stand extensions are concerned.

After reading this thread I'm quite convinced that if we won a league and cup double people would be on here moaning!!

+1

Some of the people on here just refused to be pleased about anything....

We've been in a position where it looked like we may have no ground at all and have to groundshare - and we all know that if we'd gone down that road, we'd have had no stadium, and no plans for a new one. Basically - we weren't too far off seeing the beginning of the end for OAFC.

We now have an opportunity to redevelop OUR home and try to increase revenue which in turn will help to try and propel the club forward.

Me? I'm not fussed about Blitz/Gazal and whether they are in or out....all i want is a self sufficient club which, if necessary, could attract investors to either join corney or take over from him. It looks like we may be getting somewhere near this - and hopefully there won't be any more hurdles in future.

Last season, the stadium at failsworth fell through, and i don't care what anybody else thinks - that moment is when our season on the pitch started to fall apart. Surley news like this should keep us all happy and make us look forward to this season and many seasons ahead at BP - if we look forward to it and get behind the XI on the pitch - who knows what might happen

Cut the moaning guys - get behind the club for 2011/12 and the future - one we serisouly looked like not having.

+1

Some of the people on here just refused to be pleased about anything....

We've been in a position where it looked like we may have no ground at all and have to groundshare - and we all know that if we'd gone down that road, we'd have had no stadium, and no plans for a new one. Basically - we weren't too far off seeing the beginning of the end for OAFC.

We now have an opportunity to redevelop OUR home and try to increase revenue which in turn will help to try and propel the club forward.

Me? I'm not fussed about Blitz/Gazal and whether they are in or out....all i want is a self sufficient club which, if necessary, could attract investors to either join corney or take over from him. It looks like we may be getting somewhere near this - and hopefully there won't be any more hurdles in future.

Last season, the stadium at failsworth fell through, and i don't care what anybody else thinks - that moment is when our season on the pitch started to fall apart. Surley news like this should keep us all happy and make us look forward to this season and many seasons ahead at BP - if we look forward to it and get behind the XI on the pitch - who knows what might happen

Cut the moaning guys - get behind the club for 2011/12 and the future - one we serisouly looked like not having.

Couldn't have put it better mate!

Hopefully within the decade is pretty good IMHO. Although there will be cries of "I didn't", I honestly believe that the majority of Latics fans wanted us to stay at Boundary Park. It's a perfect site, ideal for redevelopment.

"Within the decade" does not mean that sod all will happen for ten years, then BAM! new stands suddenly appear. My interpretation of "within the decade" is that it will be a gradual work in progress. A new Lookers / Broadway, call it what you will, followed by bits and pieces here and there over the next few years improving / removing and replacing the parts that are well past their sell by date.

OK, that mostly likely means all of the main stand and the Chaddy, but it won't be done in one fell swoop. It has to be done in sections, so get ready for the moaners who have to move out of their regular seats while the work's done. But, if all goes well, the upheaval will be worth it because, by 2020 (it ain't THAT far away), we should have a Boundary Park to be proud of and one that we will all be happy to go to. That includes visiting fans as well.

You never know, once we start looking like a better proposition than we do now, we just might get some investors on board. And some will probably complain about that.

This is, for me, the best news since Failsworth went tits up so, instead of looking for fault at every twist and turn, how about looking on the bright side and think positively? It won't hurt, will it?

Very well said.

Although I welcome any investment and have little problem with anything that stabilises the club - if the departed Amigos take their £5M, that leaves £700K, which would buy a stand down the side akin to Accrington's. We appear to be about £6M short of the amount of money required.

£5.7m - 3.5m owed to blitz for land = 2.2m to build/plans for part of a stand and corney needing to find the rest to build it + do up the rest of the ground in time.

I think quiet a few fans have missed a positive angle on this.

It clearly infers that Blitz is going to get a portion of the money back, not the whole lot.

So the fact he has put his money in, and is not trying to recoup everything is a very positive sign.

Re the plans within a decade could also be looked positively, we are clearly not going to go out and get a £15m loan or whatever it costs, we are going to steadily and affordably develop.

That is very positive too.

By not mortgaging ourselves to the hilt, a longer term view can be taken.

Edited by singe

Although I welcome any investment and have little problem with anything that stabilises the club - if the departed Amigos take their £5M, that leaves £700K, which would buy a stand down the side akin to Accrington's. We appear to be about £6M short of the amount of money required.

What evidence do you ahve for TTA walking away with £5m?

None of communciation indicates this, quite the opposite in fact.

Edited by singe

What evidence do you ahve for TTA walking away with £5m?

None of communciation indicates this, quiote the opposite in fact.

Whilst I aint negative about the latest developments and, lets take them for what they are just yet, how can anyone draw what amount of money is going back to Blitz off the statements?. Either the full amount paid out for the Lancaster Club site or 10% of it cannont be drawn from them.

The very fact it's clear some monies are going back means that Blitz now wants to recoup some monies, which in the past he hasn't. So that could put a downside on things. However lets just see what actually transpire's and what actually happens down BP way.

What gives with the current house build that's taking place? there is obsolutely no way they can charge as much per house now a stadium is to remain there.

There is no need to worry about the money going to Blitz and Gazal, the club have obviously priced up the cost of a new stand. The two former owners are getting some of the money because who knows when we are going to get a huge payout like this, I see it as a good thing. Not only has our future been secured, but we also lessened the only debt we have, people saying lets not get carried away and cheer. I say :censored: it, we keep being dealt :censored: hands and have had so little good fortune for 6 months. Lets enjoy it, it could go wrong but until it does lets be happy.

Lets face it - not all the fans are going to be 100% happy with what happens...

i wasn't happy when it came to moving to failsworth but i was behind them because it was a way of moving us forward....

at some point, we all - as fans and a club, have to say "this is what we are doing - lets do it" and whether we like the choice or not, we must back them in as many ways as we can. We all have our own opinions, but no matter what people say - we all want success for OAFC (at least i hope we do!!)

For god's sake - blitz is going to get money for the land which HE bought and is now selling to the council. It has :censored: all to do with the club's debt to him.

So are you saying and quite clear about it that none of the monies used to purchase the Lancaster Club site was in anyway linked to OAFC(2004) Ltd.,? Personally I don't have a problem with Blitz getting hgis money back ploughed into Latics, providing we get a decent home to play in and a team worthy of the name in tact.

EDIT: I would say Brassbank is linked.

Edited by Lags

I've had enough of trying to put my point across without people playing the "stop being negative" card so I'll ask a different kind question

should the new Westwood Tram Stop be named "Westwood for Boundary Park?"

Yes, I very good idea

For god's sake - blitz is going to get money for the land which HE bought and is now selling to the council. It has :censored: all to do with the club's debt to him.

Can I clarify this LL, you have a much better understanding of the finiances than most of us.

Clearly Simon infers in his BBC interview get "some capital back", whereas he is seemingly getting all his capital for Lancaster Club.

How do you square that? Does you mean his overall debt?