signings this week?

so are we going to finally make any signings this week then???? given the fact furball is out we still havent had "star" striker materialise,and the squad is paper thin and couldnt win an argument at the moment...

or are we just going to chug along with a mountain to climb....

so are we going to finally make any signings this week then???? given the fact furball is out we still havent had "star" striker materialise,and the squad is paper thin and couldnt win an argument at the moment...

or are we just going to chug along with a mountain to climb....

oh good a new week and another star striker thread

its an any signings thread....or cant you distinguish between the two...

it must have been the “finally” that threw me even though we signed a midfielder last week

And the “Star Striker” mentioned that threw me...but carry on

the odd loan i reckon

i have heard lowe is coming in from blackburn again,but not sure if its month 3 months or season long,but i dont think he is what we need in all honesty..

were crying out for a wellens/kilkenny/shez type playmaker in the centre...striker goes without saying...

i have heard lowe is coming in from blackburn again,but not sure if its month 3 months or season long,but i dont think he is what we need in all honesty..

were crying out for a wellens/kilkenny/shez type playmaker in the centre...striker goes without saying...

Lowe will give us a goal threat from midfield, if you saw him last season you can't dispute that and I thought he improved game by game….him and Wes would be a decent midfield imo, with Wes staying deep and Lowe getting forward.

Lowe will give us a goal threat from midfield, if you saw him last season you can't dispute that and I thought he improved game by game….him and Wes would be a decent midfield imo, with Wes staying deep and Lowe getting forward.

I really hope Lowe does sign. One thing about Lowe is he is capable of getting goals, not to mention he is also capable of taking set pieces.

probably didnt help him not having much match fitness when he came,thought he did well against notts county away,only one who wanted the ball and to do something,and was only one who wanted the penalty,after others turned there backs on it...

I really hope Lowe does sign. One thing about Lowe is he is capable of getting goals, not to mention he is also capable of taking set pieces.

See I'd be pretty miffed if he did sign. Didnt rate him at all. Yep he scored 2 goals for us; but he was too lighweight in the centre of the park and went missing to oftening with the game passing him by. With the current side and the way we look like shaping up; he really isnt what we need IMO.

See I'd be pretty miffed if he did sign. Didnt rate him at all. Yep he scored 2 goals for us; but he was too lighweight in the centre of the park and went missing to oftening with the game passing him by. With the current side and the way we look like shaping up; he really isnt what we need IMO.

Can't say he did much for me either, really.

I wasnt the biggest Lowe fan but he is an improvement and at least he wants the ball and didnt go hiding even though it was a tough spell just like now when he joined the side

Someone mentioned his set peices and i will 2nd that its a much better quality of ball in and we now have players who are bigger and aggresive and have the desire to win headers

IMO we need 3-4 signings, if we get a few injuries (especially in defence) then we could be screwed. This is why it was important for us to get off to a good start, Lowe would be a good signing IMO he wanted the ball in the centre of the park which could be valuable with a few other players around him. I might be alone in wanting this but would you want Tounkara back? Or a player of his ilk? He was burnt out from February onwards last season and certainly not the best finisher but when we were doing well a lot of it was down to his presence up the top, teams would double up on him bringing other players into the attack

I'm sorry but i'm gonna have to join the "oh not another signing thread" to be honest i'm getting prety bored with them now.

We all know that we need some new players but the club hasn't got a pot to piss in so we won't be able to bring in the likes of wellens/kilkenny or this so called star striker, they wont come for peanuts. I think the best we can hope for is loan players hopefully from the prem.

Of course I hope i'm wrong but I wont be holding my breath.

I appreciate what u are saying mainstandmoaner but... why come out and public say we are after Le Fondre, McDonald & Donaldson when we as fans know its unrealistic

We all need to stick together as a club or this could spiral out of control, a win as unlikely as it seems as Scunny would completely change the mood around at the moment, we dont have money but what i can not accept is a lack of effort and passion , granted we are not blessed with the best ability in the league but many a side have been crap but done ok on beimbeing orgainised at the back and tough to break down, a certain Stoke City do that week in week out in the prem and they have some players who are dog :censored: as footballers but they play to their strengths, i am not for a second saying we should playthis way i would hate to spend hundreds on lump it long tactics but for me the players and management need to stand up and be counted.

This for me is why we should sign Lowe, he wants to play and wants the ball and when the going is tough like it is at the moment i would rather have that than players who go missing

We need at least competition at left back to keep black on his toes

Another centre half to again keep the players in front looking over shoulder (maybe sorted when Tarky comes back from injury) but again he is a kid

Someone to create something and for me some steal, i would not sign a striker people may think i am mad but whioop is supplying the ball to the front 2/3/4???

Taylor needs to have a long hard look at himself, he loves the club that can never be questioned but is he really doing enough ? In my opinion NO he should be an inspiration in this side and he currently is not for me

Get back to basics and we will pick up points

Defend properly

Keep it simple

Get orgainsed

Keep the ball better

Take responsibilty

and for christ sake show some balls in your decisions and stick together as fans and as a team

KT FLIPPING F

And today PD said the team were already lightweight - so I assume that rules Lowe out ?

Marcus Bent has told AFC Wimbledon he wants to explore other options before committing to signing for them. Just saying like.

That's the problem a week or two before deadline day players are hanging on for the best deal.....I can see it being manic on the day and just hope we don't end up with signings just for the sake of it!

Edited by oafc1955

Marcus Bent has told AFC Wimbledon he wants to explore other options before committing to signing for them. Just saying like.

That's the problem a week or two before deadline day players a hanging on for the best deal.....I can see it being manic on the day and just hope we don't end up with signings just for the sake of it!