iPhone 5

Stevie_J

I think he was saying its not worth forking out £500 for the Iphone 4 if you have got the 3GS already.

I would recommend that anyone upgrading their mobile should use this site to recycle their old phone. For an iPhone, it knocks a significant chunk off your outlay for the new one.

A lot of the recycle companies are also on Quidco (see my sig) and Top Cashback and that'll bag you a few quid more.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend that anyone upgrading their mobile should use this site to recycle their old phone. For an iPhone, it knocks a significant chunk off your outlay for the new one.

A lot of the recycle companies are also on Quidco (see my sig) and Top Cashback and that'll bag you a few quid more.

Quidco? You're having a laugh.

They still owe me a total of £103 from various deals that they refuse to acknowledge despite 'Tracking' every one of them. I have mates who have also beeen ripped off many times by Quidcon.

Check Quidcons forums before signing up with them - It'll give you an idea how many people get cashback refused, and how bad Quidcon are at dealing with their complaints.

Stick with Topcashback - Never had a problem, and they don't take a fiver off you every year in subscriptions.

Quidco? You're having a laugh.

They still owe me a total of £103 from various deals that they refuse to acknowledge despite 'Tracking' every one of them. I have mates who have also beeen ripped off many times by Quidcon.

Check Quidcons forums before signing up with them - It'll give you an idea how many people get cashback refused, and how bad Quidcon are at dealing with their complaints.

Stick with Topcashback - Never had a problem, and they don't take a fiver off you every year in subscriptions.

I've had similar problems with TCB.

I wonder if the signal dropout has something to do with the individual rather than the phone? As i can't get it to happen and OAFC0000 can, maybe its like Steve Jobs' way of ethnic cleansing? Maybe he's programmed it to happen to all Warringtonites in an effort to drive them insane so he can take over the town and build a zombiefied silicone valley?

My iphone 4 is a work one.

I must have fat fingers because I mis stype allt he time, whoever designed that is a moron.

It took em an age to realise that you actually touch away from the auto corerct suggestion, not touch it as you would think.

Moving the cursor is a pain in the arse too.

But overall it is pretty good

WHat are these free bumpers? It is far too slippy (not as bad as the 3GS I haad afirst, that is horrific.

I know 3 people that have broken their glass and gone into Apple and they have replaced it free of charge which is good

It's just iTunes, I hate it with a passion, the worse aspect is not being able to just log in and have more than one account. I just donlt get how it is succesful, it is the most anti apple product there is

I have not even tried with my work iphone 4.

Edited by singe

WHat are these free bumpers?

They where given out in the early days of the iPhone 4 to people who had bought it not knowing about its reception / death grip issues. Its a bit of rubber that runs around the outside of the phone so you don't make direct contact with the side of the phone and weaken the phones signal. They have stopped giving them out now as anyone who doesn't know about the phones issues has probably been living in a cave and / or are prepared live with the failings to have a pretty nice phone (which it is)....

I should say I love my iPhone 3GS... Nothing against the iPhone really other than it really is pants for calls.

Had a 3GS for 2 years and i have never had any problems (apart from leaving it in a mates car after Tranmere away when paraletic) it does exactly what i want.

I jailbroke it but couldn't see the point so i went back to type!

Got the iphone 4 and it looks stunning in my £5 case i got from market isnt it!

Both seem the same speed wise to me, and as i have an ipod connector in my car its so much easier to bang everything on itunes.

Plus i got £250 for my 3gs as its still mint!

Had a 3GS for 2 years and i have never had any problems (apart from leaving it in a mates car after Tranmere away when paraletic) it does exactly what i want.

I jailbroke it but couldn't see the point so i went back to type!

Got the iphone 4 and it looks stunning in my £5 case i got from market isnt it!

Both seem the same speed wise to me, and as i have an ipod connector in my car its so much easier to bang everything on itunes.

Plus i got £250 for my 3gs as its still mint!

Apart from free apps?

The battery life on all iPhones is shocking. That is the only thing they really need to change from iPhone4, apart from the obvious signal problems.

October is a decent date as thats when my upgrade is due :)

Edited by Butter

Announcement expected on 4 Oct.

Confirmed now. And rumours afoot that the i5 (like that, Acks?) will be released on 14th. Sooner the better for me, so I can end my current contract and upgrade my 3GS which has survived admirably in spite of 18 months of toddler attention.

Confirmed now. And rumours afoot that the i5 (like that, Acks?) will be released on 14th. Sooner the better for me, so I can end my current contract and upgrade my 3GS which has survived admirably in spite of 18 months of toddler attention.

i5 it is, Steve.

I'm gonna have to get one I think - or a new phone in general - as my i4 is on it's last legs.

I still found Apples response hilarious re the signal problems

"Just don't hold the phone that way"

Looking like it will be 'Iphone 4g' rather than iphone 5. Dual core a5 processor, bit more ram, 8 megapixel camera, iphone 5, maybe a bigger screen.

Will continue my policy of being one release behind and therefore not paying a stupid amount for something that you can get for much less within a year or so, upgrade due in November so I think I'l go for a vastly reduced 32gb iphone 4 in white maybe…

Had my 32gb 3gs for just short of two years and its been nothing short of superb, battery's on its last legs now but I think I fried it in Greece with my international charger, still I reckon I'll get nigh on a ton for it when I flog it…even with it soon to be two releases behind..

Edited by oafcprozac

Will continue my policy of being one release behind and therefore not paying a stupid amount for something that you can get for much less within a year or so, upgrade due in November so I think I'l go for a vastly reduced 32gb iphone 4 in white maybe…

Had my 32gb 3gs for just short of two years and its been nothing short of superb, battery's on its last legs now but I think I fried it in Greece with my international charger, still I reckon I'll get nigh on a ton for it when I flog it…even with it soon to be two releases behind..

I believe one of the things they are releasing in october is an 8gb version of the current iphone 4

No good to me, use it as my ipod too (obviously) and far too much music and other content. I'm hoping they roll out a 64GB iphone4 but can't see it

The long standing rumour has been two new phones... one an iPhone 4gs or iPhone Nano which will be a stripped down and simpler iPhone 4 for the lower end of the market and a fully fledged iPhone 5 which will run on the upgraded kit that Carl (I think) mentioned above - basically the iPad 2 hardware.

One thing I find funny is...

We are meant to be in the toughest economic plight the west has ever known yet everyone literally has hundreds to throw away on these fancy phones :)

Crisis! What crisis :)

Is it a coincidence that Latics attendances started to slip when the first iPhone was released..?

I'm rather pleased. I'm balls deep in an iPhone 4 contract and see little to make me feel like throwing money at an early upgrade. I'll try iOS 5, but not bothered about the new phone at all.

I wouldn't be either, in your position. My contract is up so will get one but the announcement was underwhelming after all the usual hype.

8gb in America 199 dollars, starting price in Uk for the 8gb £499 according to Apple Store, ridiculous add into the fact you can re-download all previously purchased content in US from itunes, whilst there is still a block on music over here and they are missing a trick. I love Apple products to bits, but they can go spit if they think i'm paying over double for something….the 64gb would really be useful to me but I think i'll continue with my policy of upgrading to the previous model (iphone4).

The Iphone 5 will be out next summer anyway…rushed out out the 4s in time for Christmas and i'm hearing other manufacturers are already looking at releasing 'Fourcore' products anyway...

The iPhone 4S is everything the iPhone 4 should of been... They have also fixed the antenna issue which apparently didn't exist by having two of them in different locations...

The iPhone 4S 16GB price should be £499 to correct the post above.... It should be around £200 on a two year contract.

The full iCloud features for music should be here by end of the year apparently...

Edited by oafc0000