Long term idea to increase attenedance

Just read another post about how we could improve the attendance and come up with an idea of my own. Ive not thought much into the finaces of it all but think it could work in the long term.

We could give a 15 game (cat b and c games) season ticket to all 11 year olds in the borough through schools, id guess there is about 2500 so plenty of room in the chaddy or rre for cat b and c games. Obviously all wont turn up but if we could a few hundred coming every week who would then pay to get in the cat a games and spend while at the ground i think we could cover admin cost of the promotion then hopefully we could get a couple of hundred who would buy a season ticket the following season or even turn up for a few games. There must be loads of kids out there who are utd or city fans but would like to watch live football and after a free season going to bp they may want to carry on.

Just read another post about how we could improve the attendance and come up with an idea of my own. Ive not thought much into the finaces of it all but think it could work in the long term.

We could give a 15 game (cat b and c games) season ticket to all 11 year olds in the borough through schools, id guess there is about 2500 so plenty of room in the chaddy or rre for cat b and c games. Obviously all wont turn up but if we could a few hundred coming every week who would then pay to get in the cat a games and spend while at the ground i think we could cover admin cost of the promotion then hopefully we could get a couple of hundred who would buy a season ticket the following season or even turn up for a few games. There must be loads of kids out there who are utd or city fans but would like to watch live football and after a free season going to bp they may want to carry on.

Excellent idea.

Good idea.

I completely agree with the notion.

Would we be better holding fire until the shiny new stand and exciting on site facilities are in place?

Then they turn up to a decent facility that encourages them to stay, rather than a :censored:-tip that doesn't.

(That's a genuine question. Not sure of the answer).

I think all sorts of initiatives alongside our media partners should be considered.

What about free Boundary Blues membership for a full season for everybody six year old. Or whatever age is considered best.

Or kick it off as a Christmas present and do it from Boxing Day > May.

Or rather than through the schools, who can be rather :censored:e at this type of thing, do it through local football teams.

My lad says whenever tickets come through his school they 'go to people who dont even like football.' when he asks them if they went they usually say they just stopped in the bus stop and stared menacingly at grannies instead.

In Stockport they are visiting 6 different schools every week giving away tickets for the next home game free for one adult and one child. The crowd on Saturday against Grimsby was nearly 4000 but don't know how many actaully used the free tickets.

I would target the schools in Oldham giving a free ticket to every child with each full paying adult.

The kids today are tomorrows S/T holders so lets get them in before they get corrupted by Man U and the rest.

In Stockport they are visiting 6 different schools every week giving away tickets for the next home game free for one adult and one child. The crowd on Saturday against Grimsby was nearly 4000 but don't know how many actaully used the free tickets.

Made my second visit of the season to Edgeley Park on Saturday.

A dececent 530ish following from Grimsby. No sign of lots of high pitched screaming kids, so I don't think the scheme had started at that point.

So nearly 4,000 people (£16 adults, £3 kids under 16) without anything innovative happening.

The more I ponder the offer of a free season ticket for every child in the borough reaching a certain age, the more it seems to make sense as a longer term investment when they come to renew for £50, with Dad paying £300, the next season.

Edited by opinions4u

I like the idea of targeting schools one by one, get groups of kids going with their mates. A blanket thing is too likely to be overlooked by the school and not create any sort of buzz.

The club needs to send loads of tickets if theyre going to do it, maybe even send a player along. Just sending a few is pointless. In fact, I think the club already does.

get chaddy the owl in town centre on match days selling junior tickets. pitch along the lines of 'if you're doing nothing up here all afternoon then get down to bp for £3' and have with him a good looking promotional girl getting the adults in. If anyone can sell things to blokes it's a good looking girl. City were doing the same in preseason.

Made my second visit of the season to Edgeley Park on Saturday.

A dececent 530ish following from Grimsby. No sign of lots of high pitched screaming kids, so I don't think the scheme had started at that point.

So nearly 4,000 people (£16 adults, £3 kids under 16) without anything innovative happening.

The more I ponder the offer of a free season ticket for every child in the borough reaching a certain age, the more it seems to make sense as a longer term investment when they come to renew for £50, with Dad paying £300, the next season.

Grimsby was the first match of the promotion .

They are targetting 8 schools per week over a 12 week period to cover all 96 schools in the area.

Something we should be looking at.

My first season ticket was a Boundary Blue one for £50 a few years ago, and I wonder if more fans would take it up if the parent could afford a season ticket too. I wonder if parents don't like the idea of getting their a £50 season ticket because it would cost them £300 and they can't afford that, so why not offer a cheaper adult one with a £50 boundary blue?

Good Idea, however would 11 year olds go on their own. Clearly they would need parental supervision, which means that an adult would have to pay a full price season ticket??