Random thoughts on last night

5. Decent reffing . Lee's booking a tad harsh but he let the game flow and wasn't showboating for the cameras.

Noticed this also - I don't remember him stopping the game that much at all.

The man in the middle rarely gets and credit, but would say he put in one of the best performances I've seen from a ref at any level this season.

Noticed this also - I don't remember him stopping the game that much at all.

The man in the middle rarely gets and credit, but would say he put in one of the best performances I've seen from a ref at any level this season.

Even though he missed the blatant handball?

Even though he missed the blatant handball?

It's dividing opinion on here, some of whom were probably watching it with the advantage of a replay, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt on that one!

Edited by JoeP

You got outplayed by a team that wanted it a bit more and were up for playing in the rain. Please don't make any excuses other than that.

they had an off day, but the reason we won was because we were fired up and they werent.

I don't think it was solely that that we wanted it more, I think we were a lot cleverer in the conditions than they were and it was very promising for me to see our players looking comfortable in that weather because we'll have no shortage of games like that in the coming months. MK players often tried to turn sharply and lose their footing and then the ball, whereas Clarke and Diamond for example stayed on their feet by not trying anything risky with their movement. Maybe that was because they couldn't physically turn that quickly, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt! :lol:

While I don't think anyone played badly, Diamond gets a special mention from me as I thought he was much improved from the Exeter game (where he was awful) and barely put a foot wrong.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

We beat them fair and square, no excuses needed! On paper not many would have given us a hope in hell but we battled for every ball and played some top football considering the conditions.

The real test will come on the 25th at Preston, A win there will see me celebrate like never before

Simpson was very good last night , always seemed to have lots of time & some terrific passes.

I think everyone now realises that Cisak is a very good goalkeeper , I think he is the best we have had since Gary Kelly.

Clarke would be a terrific signing , Kuqi & Reid have the goals , but I think he is our best player week in week out so far.

Never mind the opposing manager , the dreadfully biased tv presentation was worse. Hardly a word on the home team pre kick off , just how wonderful the MK Dons boss was ....swap budgets & see how good he is.

Sat in the main stnd sponsors box (pie & pint £10 w/season ticket well worth it considering conditions) right over that 'save' to me defo handball, if there had been a camera on the main stand side don't think there would have been any arguements, the sky camera angles didn't really give a clear look.

Adding to the biased coverage (sky was on in the background), it was almost like they'd written a script and they couldn't handle it when we made a few re-writes. I could be a pundit on that showing, team with biggest budget & names should win so don't bother with any real research on the other team or give them any credit for playing well. We were better than them, end of.

Also thanks to the bar staff and Jenny,good banter and doing the best with what they've got really enjoyed that. (We really need a new main stand with a bar)

I've no problem with this to be honest, he is MK's manager and will focus on them. By saying we played well in a way justifies their performance . If he feels they should have done better then that is all that matters really.

Just because we felt latics played well doesn't mean that he does.

That's a good point. Yes, we deserved credit but he was trying to communicate something to his players with that interview, not providing a balanced critique of the game.

That said, he is a right cock.

In the interests of balance on robinson. I'd rather a manager be like that, concentrating on my team than teh opposition and when Reid went off injured he went and shook his hand and offered some sympathy. Most wouldn't do that.

Sat in the main stnd sponsors box (pie & pint £10 w/season ticket well worth it considering conditions) right over that 'save' to me defo handball, if there had been a camera on the main stand side don't think there would have been any arguements, the sky camera angles didn't really give a clear look.

Adding to the biased coverage (sky was on in the background), it was almost like they'd written a script and they couldn't handle it when we made a few re-writes. I could be a pundit on that showing, team with biggest budget & names should win so don't bother with any real research on the other team or give them any credit for playing well. We were better than them, end of.

Also thanks to the bar staff and Jenny,good banter and doing the best with what they've got really enjoyed that. (We really need a new main stand with a bar)

As I've said, I got giddy & watched the game on Sky+ once I got back from the Range after the game. I was pretty disappointed with Sky TBH; but in reality; should I / we expect anything different?

MKMongs are the side out of the 2 of us who could have gone 2nd in the league with a win; who have a manager being strongly linked with jobs in the Championship & they have a 'big team in League 1' club ethos with their ground & their budget….added to a Chairman who at every available opportunity loves to tell all the media what a great club they are, how big they are & how they're going to rise up the leagues etc……….Sky just took the easy option of taking all that into account & made it an MK love-in.

Pre-game we barely got a mention; save for a small bit on PD. I felt watching it back that Sky almost treated it as a cup game coverage; a big side taking on a minnow if you will - the plucky little side with an old-school ground taking on a big boy from a shiny new stadium…..

I didn’t think the 2 in commentary box were too bad; they did fall into the trap at times of talking up MK's front 4 too much; whilst those same 4 weren't delivering on the pitch. IMO they under-sold us & our play at times; but as I say above; I think they were always going to do that; as in their opinion; it was an MK win they thought they were there to see….

Now, as for Peter Beagrie - what have we as a club actually done to him exactly? He really doesn't like us much does he; and he hardly hides it - why? Back in the day; did he used to get dog-abuse from us; did he suffer a bad injury when playing against us? I don't remember anything……the only time he's been remotely favourable towards us was when we had Dean Windass on loan Vs Leicester, and TBH, IIRC all he did there really was to blow smoke up his pal's (fat) arse; rather than praise us a side / club.

At the end of the day, we are probably over-analysing it as Latics fans? That said, a City supporter at work greeted me on Tuesday morning with a 'I watched the Milton Keynes love in last night; I thought they were playing on their own - you hardly got a mention did you? Great win for you though eh?'………………….And I think that's the key - so what Sky decided to bum MK and we didn’t get favourable coverage; what we did get was a brilliant 3 points and a cracking performance; and that's what counts.

I agree about Beagrie, having watched the Sky coverage yesterday, I didn't think he was that bad, I've certainly heard him be far less complimentary about us in the past.

Me neither, MaskedOwl texted me saying he slated us . Couldnt see it myself

although Beagrie is in love with Karl Robinson