Matthew Rush

The Vote:  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will you send him to the sanctuary?

• Yes, what a donkey - send him down
    • No, you got it wrong - he was ace

HOW MUCH?!

The Donkey Sanctuary continues...

2mrxppy.png

Matthew joined Oldham from Norwich City (where he previously had a severe knee injury) on 27th March 1997 for £165,000 *choke*. He stayed at BP until a cruciate ligament injury forced him out of the game in April 1998 and left Latics around the 15th September 1998. During his stay he played 25 games and scored 3 times.

Decent player, but never wanted it, he always seemed to have a knock or niggle (Still remember his couldn't give a :censored: performance in the 0-0 at York in Jan '98) - the club begged him to get fit after his knee injury and said they would do everything they could to get him fit again (he would have recovered over time with a lot of hard work) instead he took the pay off and walked.

Send him to the lazy :censored: sanctuary….

After the Garnett fiasco ... now this.

I took the missus to her first game at BP .

We beat Swindon 5-1 , the highlight being the sublime partnership in the game between Ritchie & Rush , it was like a work of art.

We have had hundreds of duffers, why not pick one or two of them for this project.

After the Garnett fiasco ... now this.

I took the missus to her first game at BP .

We beat Swindon 5-1 , the highlight being the sublime partnership in the game between Ritchie & Rush , it was like a work of art.

We have had hundreds of duffers, why not pick one or two of them for this project.

The sort of point of it is this:- Ultimately we don't decide who is the donkey, you do that. MARSTONS! It doesn't matter which player we pick either, some may be a cut-and-dried ass, few may be a bit questionable, others might be requested by the fans; the point is to stimulate a bit of nostalgic chat about them. Which is nice. Paddy Considine in nice.

His debut said we had another Alan Groves on our hands and Ritchie must have thought I've got myself a partner. He certainly had must walking out the ground talking about him. Unfortunately his injuries told him and us it was the last chance saloon and sadly only the exit door sign illuminated. Croc yes...Donkey No!

I recall that debut too. He was sublime that day, in fact we all were.

A few weeks earlier we scored an unlikely home win against high-flyers Wolves, doing the double over them. So after that Swindon game it gave me the desire to drive down to Ipswich the week after, with the slight whiff of us pulling off another great escape. We got stuffed 0-4 and it should have been a shedload more. By full time at Portman Road I was somewhere on the A1 around Cambridge on the way home.

I'm inclined to send him to Donkeyville. However, despite how crushingly awful he was after the 1996-97 season finished, his debut alone saves his skin. Hang on... how much did we pay for him? £165k? :shock: Christ! Off to the Sanctuary you go, sunbeam.

Another fence sitting "crock not donkey" vote for me too. Maybe we need another category on the voting option but that then does defeat the object.

If he had stayed fit I very much doubt that he would ever be considered to be a donkey so that leaves me no option other that to vote no, he was ace.

Another fence sitting "crock not donkey" vote for me too. Maybe we need another category on the voting option but that then does defeat the object.

If he had stayed fit I very much doubt that he would ever be considered to be a donkey so that leaves me no option other that to vote no, he was ace.

bypass the Donkey Sanctuary and straight on to the glue factory option?