Celebrities who've claimed to support Latics in the past

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam Fray's a Man Ure fan.

It is infact Daniel Conan Moores who is the Latic.

The only thing which pisses me off are these so called 'Local Celebrities' who use Latics as a bit of Publicity before going on to 'Support' Man Ure or Citeh once they've made it.

Not talking about Moore here, infact I think he's still a Season Ticket owner at Boundary Park. He did an interview for a Programme last Season.

He was on Take it like a fan last season when they were at BP.

The rest of the Courteeners are all reds.

GeordieBlue's right. There was a Latics fan in the Inspirals but I don't think it was Tom and Stephen Holt's a Citeh fan. Clint Boon wasn't really into footy according to Noel G.

I think it was Graeme Lambert from the Inspirals who's a tics fan.

He had a column in the prog one season.

• 3 weeks later...

David Lloyd is an Accy Stanley fan. Friend of the wife's family. Definitely not a Tic.

Woof.

I did say not that David Lloyd. The one who is was the long time cricket correspondent of the Evening Standard and now of the i newspaper.

There was one winter where England toured Pakistan, Bangladesh & Zimbabwe. An interview with him asked what hea had missed and he answered "real ale and Oldham Athletic" so I sent him a copy of my OASIS book and met up with him a few times. Nice bloke.

Spoke to Chris a couple of months back. Still a follower.

I like his piece in the matchday programme, I really wish they would release Bostock's Cup on DVD, plenty of Latics related references in it, such as playing Mouldy Old Dough, the inevitable fluke win which the struggling team acheives over us and of course the captain virtuoso Alan Hardy

I like his piece in the matchday programme, I really wish they would release Bostock's Cup on DVD, plenty of Latics related references in it, such as playing Mouldy Old Dough, the inevitable fluke win which the struggling team acheives over us and of course the captain virtuoso Alan Hardy

In Chris' big West End hit "An evening with Gary Lineker" the two main characters were Ian Marshall and Alan Hardy. The TV version changed the names (that is availbale on DVD).

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that the Inspiral Carpets are playing in Sheffield on the same day that Latics are playing Sheff Utd

The Leadmill is so close to Bramall Lane. Final whistle, then time for a soundcheck before doors open at 7:00pm.

Ideal opportunity for Mrs Sideburns to wear her 'Cream of Oldham - Cool As :censored:' T-shirt. B)

P.S. For attention of Leeslover - Standing tickets booked.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/2011/mar/25/brian-cox-summary-live-session

AndrewTurner

Hi Brian

Manchester United or Oldham Athletic?

BrianCox

1:32pm

@AndrewTurner I was a season ticket holder at Oldham in the glory years. Andy Richie, Ricky Holden, Neil Adams. Don't get to Boundary Park much any more sadly

Quite big up from Brian Cox on Jonathon Ross, even John Bishop said he was Oldham.

Although Brian Cox did slightly spoil it by "Oldham Athletic, primarily"!!!

Fair play though, he was open about his afflication!!!!!!