FA CUP Second Round Draw

Quite pleased from a selfish point of view - i really wanted to go to Preston and couldn't make it to the league game cos of work. Crap draw if it ends up being Southend though - long away trip, not going to be a big crowd, tough draw with their home record.

Bit off topic but was anyone listening to the commentary of the Halifax-Charlton game on radio 5? "They say Oldham's the coldest ground, they want to try coming here on a Tuesday night in November". My brother's response was "I've been to your ground on a Saturday afternoon in April. It was colder." :grin:

It's a crap draw. The odds were looking good for us getting Totton away, as the balls became fewer, which would have been a near-cert for TV coverage. Shame. We'll just have to get through to round three for a televised clash at Old Trafford instead or the Council House instead.

Not a great draw, but given a good third of the draw were teams I'd rather us avoid then there was more of a good chance of us getting a bit of a bum one.

That said, if it's Preston, they're struggling to adapt this year. Phil Brown is treading on thin ice there and our game there showed us that we're more than good enough to compete. Plus, it'll be a decent crowd and a good atmosphere.

Southend. Well, we've a decent recent record there. Sturrock has injected some steel into them, but we're more than capable of going down, picking up at least a draw.

Personally, I was dreading us getting Colchester, Franchise Scum, Charlton, Yeovil and probably half a dozen others more away from home. It's a bit of a 'meh' draw from me but not a cornflake spitter-outer.

Not a great draw, but given a good third of the draw were teams I'd rather us avoid then there was more of a good chance of us getting a bit of a bum one.

That said, if it's Preston, they're struggling to adapt this year. Phil Brown is treading on thin ice there and our game there showed us that we're more than good enough to compete. Plus, it'll be a decent crowd and a good atmosphere.

Southend. Well, we've a decent recent record there. Sturrock has injected some steel into them, but we're more than capable of going down, picking up at least a draw.

Personally, I was dreading us getting Colchester, Franchise Scum, Charlton, Yeovil and probably half a dozen others more away from home. It's a bit of a 'meh' draw from me but not a cornflake spitter-outer.

That comes in the third round when the excitement over a potential money-spinning tie against one of the big boys builds and then you're drawn away at Scunny.