Shez/Returning players on Saturday

Possibly a touchy subject but what sort of reception are they going to get on Saturday?

Personally I'll applaud Shez for his efforts with the club even if it did turn sour a bit towards the end

as for the players apart from Allott I didn't feel that any of them really did much for us apart from maybe Clarke (and I include the overated Danny Whittaker in that), I bet Trotman gets booed but personally I'm not a fan of booing players I think it's counterproductive

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Shez was my favourite player in the late 90's and on the whole did a good job as manager. He'll always get my applause.

As for the rest, I don't think any of them did particularly badly for us. Trotman was poor 2nd time around but hardly warrants a negative reaction.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

May have ended a bit sourly for him but if only for coming out of retirement to help us when we were in the :censored: in 2003-2004, playing essentially with one good leg with the risk of becoming permanently crippled, he deserves a rousing round of applause.

Let alone carrying the team for a good part of the Ritchie years.

Possibly a touchy subject but what sort of reception are they going to get on Saturday?

Personally I'll applaud Shez for his efforts with the club even if it did turn sour a bit towards the end

as for the players apart from Allott I didn't feel that any of them really did much for us apart from maybe Clarke (and I include the overated Danny Whittaker in that), I bet Trotman gets booed but personally I'm not a fan of booing players I think it's counterproductive

He's bound to score one of his 20 yard specials now, hopefully the Latics coaches will instruct the players to close him down before he gets the opportunity.

As has been said any true Latics fan who boos Shez wants immediately throwing out by the nearest steward - the guys a legend (and that word is so overused nowadays, but not in this case)

Apart from the fact he's IMO the best player ive seen play for us, he played for us in our time of need after coming out of retirement and at great personal risk, and then went onto manage us to some ablomb. IMO he should have been given till the end of the season, as it ended a tad sour ans we never got to say thanks in a final game - and he deserved that.

On sat, i'll be doing just that, saying thanks.........and anyone i hear booing will be getting the brunt end of my (hungover) vitriol!!!

I think out of all the others, they did their best when here so are hardly in the 'i hate them, horrible men, feckin' boo' camp are they?

Clutching at straws but if we all get into Trotmans head early doors then maybe we'll see a repeat of his 'Dale performance??

I can't believe we are even discussing the possibility of Shez getting anything other than a fantastic reception! :shock:

Agreed, but having heard some of the :censored: large sections of our fans give out, it's a sad fact that an across-the-board good reception is not a given.

Shez is one of a handful of Latics legends of this dreadful third-tier era. Huge player, without whom we would have been relegated. Played a big part in the decent Dowie team which should have won promotion. Continued to play, contrary to medical advice, when we were on our arses post-Chris Moore.

He then stuck around a coach, went on to manage us and did as good a job as anyone else has since TTA arrived. Events conspired against him a little leading up to his dismissal, which was ill-timed, and he had his shortcomings tactically and was guilty of some errors of judgment (night at the dogs, etc.) but he made a good fist of it.

Like others have said, anyone who boos him is a complete dick.

Shez is one of a handful of Latics legends of this dreadful third-tier era. Huge player, without whom we would have been relegated. Played a big part in the decent Dowie team which should have won promotion. Continued to play, contrary to medical advice, when we were on our arses post-Chris Moore.

He then stuck around a coach, went on to manage us and did as good a job as anyone else has since TTA arrived. Events conspired against him a little leading up to his dismissal, which was ill-timed, and he had his shortcomings tactically and was guilty of some errors of judgment (night at the dogs, etc.) but he made a good fist of it.

Like others have said, anyone who boos him is a complete dick.

That should be on the front of the programme