Shefki

This was it he went mental at all the defenders plus goal keeper as they were coming off didnt anyone see him at there secound just before kicking off shrugging his shoulders as if to say wtf is going on...

I don't think he's come to terms with playing with L1 players who are not up to the standard he has been used to. It must be very frustrating. Scholes may have had the same problems. It's frustrating for the fans as well, Chesterfield were there for a real hammering on Saturday, but once again we switched off at 3 - 0. It was only because they were so poor they gave us 2 more goals.

nobody has said drop him - the only person who mentioned anything like resting him was me..........

If you look at my post (page 1) it doesn't say drop him for a game to rest his legs. i was just saying that when your 3/4/5-1 like we have been against both burton and chesterfield, why not take him off for 25-30 mins. Ok, Simpson was ill on saturday so i understand this, but with the sheer amount of games coming up, it would be daft not to give smith (or whoever) more time on the pitch and rest our aging strikers legs if we're coasting to victory.

I don't think he's come to terms with playing with L1 players who are not up to the standard he has been used to. It must be very frustrating. Scholes may have had the same problems. It's frustrating for the fans as well, Chesterfield were there for a real hammering on Saturday, but once again we switched off at 3 - 0. It was only because they were so poor they gave us 2 more goals.

Yeah agree only thing what is pissing me off atm is the get too 3-0 then invite then to attack, we should just be attack attack attack

Hi peeps havnt been on owtb for ages.

Had to add. Shefki gives 100% every match and even not playing well is still a good outlet for our defence to aim at and still threatens to score every match.

I do agree that if we are coasting to victory and we have a glut of games coming maybe take him off halfway through second half if his legs are going.But I personally belive unless injured Shefki wont want to come off. He is class. cant belive we had windass.lol

This is the best attacking team we have had in ages.

Think it depends on whether a Championship club comes in for him. In which case, I think he'll go.

Not so sure myself, I expect he'd be the kind of character to honour his contract - For Dickov if anybody. But come the end of the season, who knows.

Thing is, even his goals aside, I never tire of watching him and the work that he puts in. He obviously closes down the opposition more than any other player and yet does it without being the proverbial headless chicken. Probably not his best game today but he was still relentless and, I've said it before, a superb example to any young player puporting to call themselves a professional.

"What would Shefki do?" is usually a good question that a professional should be asking themselves.

Not me though.

I'm an IT Manager and asked my self that this week, right before staring down my boss in a meeting, arm wrestling clients and eating large sections of the internet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :grin: :grin: That's Mint!

I think it was directed at Diamond, M'Voto & Cisak as they came off together. Diamond & Cisak were sharing a laugh & joke about 'Shef having another strop' as they went up the steps so I don't think it was anything serious.

He's a machine. He hates losing. He hates not scoring. he hates the team conceeding. He hadn't scored & we's shipped a sloppy one - it was a tant & nothing more. If anything it shows he still has unbelievable desire. No issue with it myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :grin: :grin: That's Mint!

I think it was directed at Diamond, M'Voto & Cisak as they came off together. Diamond & Cisak were sharing a laugh & joke about 'Shef having another strop' as they went up the steps so I don't think it was anything serious.

He's a machine. He hates losing. He hates not scoring. he hates the team conceeding. He hadn't scored & we's shipped a sloppy one - it was a tant & nothing more. If anything it shows he still has unbelievable desire. No issue with it myself.

Kuqi was wounded because we were 4 -1 up and he hadn't scored.

His celebration when he scored summed it up.

He wanted to restart stright away so he had time to score another , to make it look respectable that he had at least scored 2 against a poor team.

Long may it continue. :D

Reading that, they would have a pretty decent team.

How bad a person does it make me that i can never read the name of the old serbian war monger, without thinking of the old highly distaseteful joke about the common name of serbian prostitutes?