• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean? Where do I stand?

You can't help applaud their run. But it's not got them promoted has it? And in the last two years, they've been very poor whenever I've seen them. Including the play-off games I saw on the telly.

It's probably the most dull record-breaking sequence in the history of football. They've not done it at the same time as literally pwning a league, or waltzing to a title 40 points ahead of their nearest rival. They've a huge budget at this level, and have broken a record of just being hard to beat, rather than sweeping all comers aside with style and panache.

Yeah, well done to the Yorkshire twats. Next!

Oh I accept that the play-offs aren't proper league games, so I'll accept their unbeaten record for what it is.

At the same time, I'll quite willingly goad their fans by reminding them they lost the one Football League competition that really mattered.

I hope they remain unbeaten for the rest of the season, finish third and then self-destruct in the play-offs. Again.

Then I hope they remain unbeaten next season too. 46 draws. Should just about see the sheep shagging big time Charlies relegated.

(Slightly jealous of their wealth and results, but so hoping they trip up again and again!)

They've dropped more points from winning positions than any other side this season. Shame.

Edited by opinions4u

IMO for any teeam to go on a run like theirs is a massive achievment

when they received the fixture list at the beginning of last season peterborough at old trafford was not on it

however it is still a league one fixture and at the end of day the lost 3-0.

what really annoys me is when its compared to Forest and Arsenals run...it may be the same numbers wise but the level is totally different and they have probably drawn 30 of them :wink:

congrtas Huddersfield 1 deafeat in how ever many games is great but please dont mention your team,Forest and Brian Clough in the same sentence because the 2 dont compare!

Edited by palmer1

On the unbeaten thing (given they lost the playoff final)?

Biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard in my life to compare them with Forest and Arsenal!

I dont care what anyone says, the play off final is a league game................. it isn't a cup game or friendly is it..........? So then its a league game as it decides your destiny in the league you play in!

Load of bollocks for me, although they have done well and deserve some praise (it just does not deserve the hype because it is bull:censored:).

They're not unbeaten in 43, they've lost 1 in 46. It's a great record thanks to a massive budget but they're not unbeaten and I'm confident they'll bottle it again this year.

EDIT: Just to add I hadn't seen anyone comparing the run to Forest or Arsenal but if anyone has suggested it's on that sort of level then they need to have their heads examined.

Edited by mikebOAFC

EDIT: Just to add I hadn't seen anyone comparing the run to Forest or Arsenal but if anyone has suggested it's on that sort of level then they need to have their heads examined.

I don't think it has, Forest and Arsenal have been mentioned in the media corresponding to this feat due to their records being, or on the verge of being surpassed.

Its a nice achievement and will struggle to get beaten- given that if a team is unbeaten they would normally get promoted thus improving the chances of being beaten in the league.

However, any Huddersfield fan, or staff member would have traded one loss if it meant they were in the Championship or even top of our league, but they aren't. If they don't go up this season it will be all for nought AGAIN and i'd expect the most overrated manager in the football league, aka Lee Clark, to be out of a job.

Biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard in my life to compare them with Forest and Arsenal!

I dont care what anyone says, the play off final is a league game................. it isn't a cup game or friendly is it..........? So then its a league game as it decides your destiny in the league you play in!

Load of bollocks for me, although they have done well and deserve some praise (it just does not deserve the hype because it is bull:censored:).

I disagree. The playoffs are a knock-out competition. The way you set a team up for league and cup games is different. It may determine which league you play in but has no bearing on the league standings or league points.

I disagree. The playoffs are a knock-out competition. The way you set a team up for league and cup games is different. It may determine which league you play in but has no bearing on the league standings or league points.

It's called the League One Play Off Final :wink:

I don't think it has, Forest and Arsenal have been mentioned in the media corresponding to this feat due to their records being, or on the verge of being surpassed.

I have seen a couple of interviews with Clarke who has on more than 1 occasion mentined both Forest and Arsenal and how magnificent it would be to surpass their records and for Huddersfiled to be held in the same esteem as those great sides.

thats what bugs me about the whole thing, regardless of what anyone thinks its a great achievment but he thinks its as good as those great sides and the should be regarded as the same, he is tapped in the head

Edited by palmer1

If this was our run we would be the only ones talking about it, hell we beat Chesterfield 5-2 and Huddersfield were credited that win on the Football League show because of Robbie Simpson. Apprently they are good footballing side, obviously that must be when I'm not watching them. Can I just ask how can it be a Football League record when Arsenal are in the Football League? I know it's the Premiership but they not seperate fully yet, and seeing as Forest had their run in the First Division surley it is a third tier record, or an outside the top division record? I don't dislike many clubs but Hudds are one of them, because they seem to think they are better than anyone else in this division. I wonder how they will do next year when this rule comes in, given they are financed by their chairman.

Edited by oldhamandy1

League Games have extra time and penalty shoot-outs to determine a winner do they?

Edited by PlayItLivo

I would say well done to them.

However, it will count for absolutely nothing if they are not promoted at the end of the season, which is what the real goal is. And considering the funds they have at their disposal (as in considerably more than most teams in this division), it will be nothing short of an emphatic failure if they fail to go up yet again this season.

Popped on here to see the reaction to Simpson; really pleased for him as he seems a good guy and didn't get a fair crack of the whip at Town.

Enjoyed looking through this thread; the run is a nice statistic, but obviously the main thing is promotion.

Not sure why you all seem to think Clark is such a poor manager; maybe someone else would have got us promoted by now, but it would be two steps backwards to change management now that we're on the brink of promotion. In his first full season he got us to the Play Offs, second full season we lost out, despite a points total that would have seen us win the league more times than it would have seen us miss out on promotion. We're now in our third season and we're in the automatic promotion places.

Popped on here to see the reaction to Simpson; really pleased for him as he seems a good guy and didn't get a fair crack of the whip at Town.

Enjoyed looking through this thread; the run is a nice statistic, but obviously the main thing is promotion.

Not sure why you all seem to think Clark is such a poor manager; maybe someone else would have got us promoted by now, but it would be two steps backwards to change management now that we're on the brink of promotion. In his first full season he got us to the Play Offs, second full season we lost out, despite a points total that would have seen us win the league more times than it would have seen us miss out on promotion. We're now in our third season and we're in the automatic promotion places.

Wouldn't necessarily say poor, but he should definitely consider himself fortunate to still be in a job considering the budget he has at his disposal.

Whats the situation with Clarke? We weren't allowed to play him in the cup, does that mean he may still be needed at some point ?

Edited by Lookers_Carl

What do you mean? Where do I stand?

You can't help applaud their run. But it's not got them promoted has it? And in the last two years, they've been very poor whenever I've seen them. Including the play-off games I saw on the telly.

It's probably the most dull record-breaking sequence in the history of football. They've not done it at the same time as literally pwning a league, or waltzing to a title 40 points ahead of their nearest rival. They've a huge budget at this level, and have broken a record of just being hard to beat, rather than sweeping all comers aside with style and panache.

Yeah, well done to the Yorkshire twats. Next!

My sentiments exactly