• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always consider how annoyed I'd be if I was an Huddersfield fan, that Lee Clark, despite his blatant shortcomings on what is always a top 3 budget in the division, is still the manager.

:laught16::laught16::laught16::wacko:

You claim its an unbeaten LEAGUE record and yet you think he should be out of a job??? :clown:

if theyre not promoted then something is seriously wrong, fair play for putting this run together but how many have been draws and whenever i've seen them in recent years theyve never been convincing, the only time coming close when penney was incharge and they beat our poor side comfortably.

all it will take is an injury to rhodes or someone and they'll stutter, going up wont be as easy as they think, but they know that after losing to peterborough

I would say well done to them.

However, it will count for absolutely nothing if they are not promoted at the end of the season, which is what the real goal is. And considering the funds they have at their disposal (as in considerably more than most teams in this division), it will be nothing short of an emphatic failure if they fail to go up yet again this season.

Run ends in about an hour.

Huddersfield have to lose 8 games before their 'unbeaten run' finally comes to an end. This will be the 6th. JPT x 2. Play-off. League Cup. FA Cup.

FA Cup x 2 - Arsenal last season - Swindon this. Therefore our victory at the Gayfarm on the 14th January will be their 1st official defeat (using your 8 game logic) :D

I actually thought Hudds were at least as good as Charlton tonight...they had more possesion and forced 10 corners to Charlton's nil. If that had been Latics I would have been dissapointed to lose that game. The passing and movement from both teams tonight was a credit to the division and Charlton took their chances when they came.

It will take a good team to get in amongst them at at the top!!

It was a great run to go undefeated for so long.

What irks me though is the media comparing it to Arsenal's run. Arsenal swept all before them on their run. Winning the Premier league playing wonderful football. No one came near them that season.

Huddersfield haven't even topped the third division.

Fair play to them for the run. Hopefully wife beater Clark's wheels come off now though.

It was a great run to go undefeated for so long.

What irks me though is the media comparing it to Arsenal's run. Arsenal swept all before them on their run. Winning the Premier league playing wonderful football. No one came near them that season.

Huddersfield haven't even topped the third division.

Fair play to them for the run. Hopefully wife beater Clark's wheels come off now though.

D'you know what - that really irked me last night. I shouldn't be surprised from the Sky Commentators & pundits, but blood y hell, how many times did they mention & compare this Hudds side to the great Nottingham Forest & Arsenal sides?

They're nothing like them.

Yes the 'run' looks impressive, but as I've always said, where has it got them? Same place they were when it started last time I checked; League 1. That Arsenal side powered through the Prem League on the way to the title, & whilst the Forest side was before my time, I've still read & heard about how impressive they were. Neither of those 2 sides are anything like this run of games that Hudds have been on.

And don't get me started on about the unbeaten thing - as, well they're not. They lost a League play-off final, didn't go up and, well; they lost FFS, so how can they be unbeaten?????????

I hope this is the catalyst from a bad run of form now. I hate Hudds, there fans and I despise Lee Clark. A 7th place finish would be sweeeeet. Actually, no - let them get to the final and bloody bottle it again, that'd be even sweeeeter!!!!!!

As an Arsenal fan firstly no one was more glad than me to see it go, what else was not mentioned is we spent very little in that period, compared to the league they are in Hudds are spending a lot £1million on Alan Lee springs to mind as the biggest joke of the lot

Fair play to them but they have acheived nothing, i would much rather lose 8 games and go up, its like all the goals records and that Arsenal have we dont get anything for them and Hudds have got nothing for this

Credit where it is due to Charlton I say, its going to be very hard at the Valley in a few weeks time, i would happily take the 0-0 draw we got there last season

Good record but perhaps too much made of it as they weren't first in the league. Their run has now been ended by Charlton and they deserve more of the plaudits.

Powell's taken me by complete surprise, I thought he'd be a turd manager after the :censored:e they served up at BP last season but fair play to him, he binned most of the squad, replaced them and more besides and Evina ca't even catch (must be do with his inability to defend) and Stephens has been inured for two months….

As for Hudds I reckon they'll fail in the Play Offs again, why? Because the Sheffield clubs mean business but have managers who are savvy enough not to simply sign players (Parkin) for the sheer hell of it. The lad Novak is one of the division's top scorers, yet they see fit to replace Lee (the big soft :censored:) with an even bigger lump (albeit a very good one) but I still think a broken leg for Rhodes, knee injury etc… would end their challenge and tbh he looked pretty average last night and has every time i've seen him.

Edited by oafcprozac