Cup Fever - Latics Get Liverpool

120 members have voted

1. 1. PRE-CUP DRAW: If you could only win one of the two cup games, which would you pick?

• Southend (FA Cup)
    • Bradford (JPT)
  2. 2. POST-CUP DRAW

• Bradford (JPT)
    • Southend (FA Cup replay)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope the southend game is reduced admission, with the potential prize for getting through we need as many people backing us to get there, we've got a great chance of getting to two of the most famous grounds in the world here, a club like us can't afford to mess that up.

As JSS said, the same prices as Saturday will have been agreed with Southend.

Not that I expect many more to attend than on recent Tuesdays, what with Christmas expenditure and putting money aside for Anfield.

Im a season ticket holder anyway should get first ticket but still going Southend also we should do what Huddersfield did to Arsenal, by having for example 10 away ticket stubs from this year and last year for the 2nd category so more loyaler Latics fans go.

A silly idea, many people don't keep their stubs. That only works if people are told in advance to keep stubs for future applications.

The order if we do get should be ST holders first (which is absolutely fair enough), then maybe replay ticket holders and then general release.

Won't matter anyway, we'd take a few thousand but as with Goodison, anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Got a huge tie to get past Southend now! I think a few on here think we are already down to play Liverpool, just as a few on thier forum are talking about round 3 in Liverpool!!!

Not only on here. A lot of people I know will be very disappointed if the team they've stopped watching at BP lets them down, when they're expecting a day out in Scouseland.

Not only on here. A lot of people I know will be very disappointed if the team they've stopped watching at BP lets them down, when they're expecting a day out in Scouseland.

If they have stopped watching Latics they are not even in my thoughts. They dont deserve tickets to Anfield if we do get through!

If you can present a Latics Season Ticket, or a ticket stub from either a home or away game, then you should have priority for Away tickets.

Anyway, hope it's a good atmosphere if it is to be, however I can expect a load of part timers turning up!

C'mon 'tics, see of these Plastic Cockneys!

If you want additional priority to someone other than season ticket holders, which I think would be the best option as its sufficient, plus it might sell a few more half season tickets.

Also if that's deemed to be insufficient those who have tokens from relevant cup programmes something which was mentioned way in advance of us getting a plum FA cup tie and a day in advance of us playing the game. Then I wouldn't suggest buying a ticket for a game at a reduced price. I have 2 suggestions:

1.) A username on here from before yesterday- why would a united fan have one of those but that might restrict a few fans and just because you have a username doesn't make you a regular attender- see zeros.

2.) Or a ticket to the 23 quid game against Sheff Wed, it would mean we have a good atmosphere, don't get outnumbered and we make a decent amount of extra money. Plus United are at home at the same time- so it would get them out of the pubs and non plastic United fans won't be available (unfortunately citeh fans will be but they don't have the beef with Liverpool that United do)

On a different note what are the odds on Latics Lee attending the game, IF we beat Southend, something far from guaranteed.

Edited by rudemedic

If you want additional priority to someone other than season ticket holders, which I think would be the best option as its sufficient, plus it might sell a few more half season tickets.

Also if that's deemed to be insufficient those who have tokens from relevant cup programmes something which was mentioned way in advance of us getting a plum FA cup tie and a day in advance of us playing the game. Then I wouldn't suggest buying a ticket for a game at a reduced price. I have 2 suggestions:

1.) A username on here from before yesterday- why would a united fan have one of those but that might restrict a few fans and just because you have a username doesn't make you a regular attender- see zeros.

2.) Or a ticket to the 23 quid game against Sheff Wed, it would mean we have a good atmosphere, don't get outnumbered and we make a decent amount of extra money. Plus United are at home at the same time- so it would get them out of the pubs and non plastic United fans won't be available (unfortunately citeh fans will be but they don't have the beef with Liverpool that United do)

On a different note what are the odds on Latics Lee attending the game, IF we beat Southend, something far from guaranteed.

Idea number 2 is okay, but I dont like idea number 1.

There is a fair few on here who openly state they cant be arsed turning up at BP anymore or cant afford it. It will be more expensive watching Latics away at Anfield than it will be to any home game this season and thats a fact!!!

Priority tickets are a load of bollocks anyway. I was a ST holder at the time we played Everton. We were among the first to get hold of tickets, (Think the ticket stub was actually numbered # two hundred and odd) but Latics, bestowed with common sense as we usually are, decided to allocate tickets nearest the corner first. The result being we ended up in a :censored:e seat right in the corner just behind a huge pillar. They clearly should have allocated from the other side inwards, meaning the Johnny-come-lately's who bought tickets on an impluse at the nth hour would have been stuck in the corner.

I suppose should we play Liverpool, the seating is a little better at Anfield.

Would it be fair to say the replay against Southend is the biggest game of the season so far?

I think so. The Liverpool game will bring in much needed cash. There ticket prices are Cat A £48, B £44, C £42. Over 65's are £36, £33 and £31.50. No mention of under 16s, but it's usually the same as over 65's. They may of course reduce prices for our visit, but I doubt it. I would guess at an attendance around 25000. Say 2/3 of which would pay £42 (if it's cat C). Total around £726000, 10% goes to the FA, which leaves roughly £653400 to be split between the two clubs. That's a nice little earner if my maths and other estimates are correct!

I think so. The Liverpool game will bring in much needed cash. There ticket prices are Cat A £48, B £44, C £42. Over 65's are £36, £33 and £31.50. No mention of under 16s, but it's usually the same as over 65's. They may of course reduce prices for our visit, but I doubt it. I would guess at an attendance around 25000. Say 2/3 of which would pay £42 (if it's cat C). Total around £726000, 10% goes to the FA, which leaves roughly £653400 to be split between the two clubs. That's a nice little earner if my maths and other estimates are correct!

No way they'd charge £42 for us or Southend.

Just googled 'Liverpool Havant and Waterlooville tickets' to see how much they were for that game and they were £24 all around the ground for adults (and that was when the opponent was not yet decided as Havant had to beat Swansea in the replay). I'd imagine the ticket price would be in and around that mark, as it was for Everton.

No way they'd charge £42 for us or Southend.

Just googled 'Liverpool Havant and Waterlooville tickets' to see how much they were for that game and they were £24 all around the ground for adults (and that was when the opponent was not yet decided as Havant had to beat Swansea in the replay). I'd imagine the ticket price would be in and around that mark, as it was for Everton.

It takes us to agree with the ticketing policy though - so if we demand it the minimum they could move it to would be their lowest category, £42.

I think we'll all see the light and head for mid-twenties though.

If we get through tickets for Liverpool should be easy enough to get,but like every time we have had a big game the people whose face fits will get sorted first.

I remember things like queuing all night when the Chaddy went all seater only to be told a lot of the seats were already spoken for.

Also remember the first season in the premier league struggling for some tickets for away matches after following the latics for a long time before the pinch me season.

Even at the league cup final we ended up in crap seats because all the best seats had gone to a lot of new fans.

Like I said tickets for the Liverpool match should be easily enough to get if we get past Southend,but dont think being loyal earns you the right for a ticket.

i went anfield when ars drew 4-4 there ashavin got all 4

whilst i had a good view the lads at the back i know had restricted, the restriction is when everyone stands up the people at the back cant see stood up as the bottom of the top tier blocks there view, stupid scouse builders

if they put st holders at the back 1st u wont see, if they have sense they will put u in the top stand 1st

i dont have a st as travel from south west every other week and midweek games mean i miss the value i have only missed 3 away and 2 home all season would be royally peed off if didnt get a ticket, especially as i did a 13 hour round trip to carlise the other week

It takes us to agree with the ticketing policy though - so if we demand it the minimum they could move it to would be their lowest category, £42.

I think we'll all see the light and head for mid-twenties though.

The ticket price agreed between the clubs has to be the same as for the possible replay at BP, where, as we know, £23 is considered to be beyond the reach of many.

What a lot of knickers getting twisted about tickets for (possible) match at Liverpool.

ST holders will get first priority . Quite rightly. We have about 2500 - if all were allowed two tickets (as I think was the case at Everton?) many of the extra ones would be bought on behalf of regular supporters. There will be over 6000 available , we took 5500 to Goodison.

Part of the benefits of being a ST holder is getting first go at tickets. That's life.

No harm in printing a voucher for the Sheff Weds game and the Southend game and prioritsing holders after season ticket holders.

Not forgetting the not insignificant Bradford City game, for which the Club is appealing for support, with over 2,000 expected from over the hills.

It’s a real whammy of a draw - but the pessimistic latics fan in me can't get excited yet, coz it'd be just bloody typical for us to go and stuff it up & lose the reply……..

But, the prospect of a money spinning trip to Anfield is such a carrot for the club, that surely; surely we can't stuff it up, can we?

Massive game tomorrow though - I want the lads to remain focussed as we have a realistic chance of a trip to Wembley on the cards too