Cup Fever - Latics Get Liverpool

120 members have voted

1. 1. PRE-CUP DRAW: If you could only win one of the two cup games, which would you pick?

• Southend (FA Cup)
    • Bradford (JPT)
  2. 2. POST-CUP DRAW

• Bradford (JPT)
    • Southend (FA Cup replay)

Simple choice really.

For me I'd rather be just one tie from Wembley and that's preferable to 'just being in the pot' given there's no guarantees as to who we'd draw in round 3.

Edited by jsslatic

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm good poll, and its pretty even so far.

Ive gone for the FA cup as 2 of my favourite away trips in recent times were to Molineaux and to Goodision Park. Sods law says if we do get through we will get a league 1 or 2 team in round 3 play :censored: and get knocked out. But we could also get a big premiership team get national exposure on a scale which we wouldn't get even if we won the JPT.

A win against Bradford wouldn't be a bad consolation though.

Edited by GlossopLatic

FA Cup is more important as long as we get somebody like Utd, City, Arsenal or Chelsea away.

If we are away at somewhere we probably wont get a result and not a huge crowd like Middlesborough or Palace I would say a Wembley trip in the JPT is more important to our future!!!

I posted this question on www.thefootballforum.net a week ago. i personally voted bradford.

I think its important to respect the question and chose the jpt OR the FA cup, not knowing who we will get in the 3rd round. personally, we have had Bolton, City, Everton, Chelsea etc before, but overall it hasnt moved the club forward in the bigger picture. thats why im willing to try a different tact and throw my full support behind the jpt effort.

see the link http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/207650-jpt-v-fa-cup/

It's looking like Taylor and Diamond are out for the Bradford game through injury, whilst Simmo has gone back and Furman out banned. Time for the bench warmers to step up.

I could be wrong but doesn't Simpson go back to Hudds after the Sheff Wed game,therefore meaning he's available to play on Tuesday?

Great draw!

Interesting to see Robbie Simpson tweeting:

" Robbie Simpson (3 minutes ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®)

WOW get in there! Gotta make sure we get through, great away day for the #latics fans! #anfield"

As things stand, this game has nothing to do with him.......

Or does it?