Cup Fever - Latics Get Liverpool

120 members have voted

1. 1. PRE-CUP DRAW: If you could only win one of the two cup games, which would you pick?

• Southend (FA Cup)
    • Bradford (JPT)
  2. 2. POST-CUP DRAW

• Bradford (JPT)
    • Southend (FA Cup replay)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever has voted for beating Bradford than Southend as more important is insane!

We'd still have a two legged area final place to contend with before Wembley where as beating Southend guarentees a lucrative trip to Anfield and boydo we need he cash. If you love the club and want it to prosper you have to vote for the Southend match being more important.

Simple as that really..........

To those who have voted, delete your vote and then re-poll with your honest answer from before the draw...

:huh:

I voted the JPT because I thought the odds of us beating Southend and then getting a big draw seemed kind of long. Where as I think we're in with a good chance of getting to Wembley. Of course everyone would probably take the trip to Anfield now, 'cause the balance of risk/reward has changed dramatically after yesterday's result and today's draw.

Whoever has voted for beating Bradford than Southend as more important is insane!

We'd still have a two legged area final place to contend with before Wembley where as beating Southend guarentees a lucrative trip to Anfield and boydo we need he cash. If you love the club and want it to prosper you have to vote for the Southend match being more important.

So you're criticising our votes based off events that have unfolded after we voted? Would we still be insane had we drawn MK Dons away?

The question wasn't "Would you rather beat Southend and face Liverpool away, or bear Bradford?"

Edited by PlayItLivo

:huh:

I voted the JPT because I thought the odds of us beating Southend and then getting a big draw seemed kind of long. Where as I think we're in with a good chance of getting to Wembley. Of course everyone would probably take the trip to Anfield now, 'cause the balance of risk/reward has changed dramatically after yesterday's result and today's draw.

That's why I've added the extra poll, as obviously everyone now who comes on and hasn't voted will vote for Southend...

Replays:

Dagenham & Redbridge or Walsall v Millwall

Fleetwood Town or Yeovil Town v Blackpool

Chelmsford City or Macclesfield Town v Bolton Wanderers

Sheffield United v Salisbury City or Grimsby Town

Liverpool v Southend United or Oldham Athletic

Also maybe this game due to late Sunday kick off:

Doncaster Rovers v Sutton United or Notts County

The FA Cup Prize Fund for the Second Round stage is £27,000 while The FA Live broadcast fee is £72,000 per club.

ESPN are only showing one game on Tuesday 13th December - it's got to be us surely?!

That'd mean £99k for us if we get through. I hope this would get reinvested in the team and help us keep the likes of Kuqi, Simpson etc.

As for the vote in the title - I didn't vote as they're both equally as important to the survival of our club. Let's win both!

in the fa cup its 40% of the gate to each team AFTER the money for police, stewards etc taken away and other 20% goes to the fa

great chance as well as to make money to build realtions with the scouse scum and poach a few youngsters like trannies do with them

i have to say i hate liverpool more than utd and the big headed scottish muppet who manages them

Replays:

Dagenham & Redbridge or Walsall v Millwall

Fleetwood Town or Yeovil Town v Blackpool

Chelmsford City or Macclesfield Town v Bolton Wanderers

Sheffield United v Salisbury City or Grimsby Town

Liverpool v Southend United or Oldham Athletic

Also maybe this game due to late Sunday kick off:

Doncaster Rovers v Sutton United or Notts County

The FA Cup Prize Fund for the Second Round stage is £27,000 while The FA Live broadcast fee is £72,000 per club.

ESPN are only showing one game on Tuesday 13th December - it's got to be us surely?!

That'd mean £99k for us if we get through. I hope this would get reinvested in the team and help us keep the likes of Kuqi, Simpson etc.

As for the vote in the title - I didn't vote as they're both equally as important to the survival of our club. Let's win both!

I think if Chelmsford hadn't drawn a Prem team we'd be in with a shot but TV normally go with the non-leaguers.

I live with a Bradford fan, who will make my life a living hell if we lose. But now I'm unsure, it's all theory at the end of the day, why can't we do both?

Surely if the club have any sense they will extend priority tickets not just to season ticket holders but to anyone who buys a ticket for the Southend game

I don't buy programmes, but I understand Latics had a token in the Crewe and Burton programmes. No doubt they will do the same on Tuesday and for the Southend replay. So some supporters will have up to four tokens available for priority treatment.

hope the southend game is reduced admission, with the potential prize for getting through we need as many people backing us to get there, we've got a great chance of getting to two of the most famous grounds in the world here, a club like us can't afford to mess that up.

would happily sacrifice hammerings against Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton for scrappy 1-0 wins against Bradford and Southend.

hope the southend game is reduced admission, with the potential prize for getting through we need as many people backing us to get there, we've got a great chance of getting to two of the most famous grounds in the world here, a club like us can't afford to mess that up.

would happily sacrifice hammerings against Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton for scrappy 1-0 wins against Bradford and Southend.

Will it not be same prices as at Southend? I thought the two teams agree on the pricing structure before the ties are played.

Will it not be same prices as at Southend? I thought the two teams agree on the pricing structure before the ties are played.

I suggest those attending Southend replay are Guaranteed 1st option on Liverpool tickets. That should boost the crowd.

Im a season ticket holder anyway should get first ticket but still going Southend also we should do what Huddersfield did to Arsenal, by having for example 10 away ticket stubs from this year and last year for the 2nd category so more loyaler Latics fans go.

Im a season ticket holder anyway should get first ticket but still going Southend also we should do what Huddersfield did to Arsenal, by having for example 10 away ticket stubs from this year and last year for the 2nd category so more loyaler Latics fans go.

That wouldn't boost the crowd much in my opinion

Im not on about boosting the crowd but on about if we beat Southend a Latics fan who has been home or away and got a season ticket holder who might loose there ticket to some United fan.

Understand that, however we need to cash in on the interest in the Liverpool game and my suggestion might say put another 1000 on the Southend gate, which would not impact on season ticket holders and those people who have attended other away games as long as they attended the game. It seems to make good commercial sense.