Now that the game is on a Friday night...

How many do you think we'll take now considering many people working and commitments etc?

6,000 (or whatever our allocation is) it might be a different 6000 with more day-trippers but we will take the same. Most people working 9 to 5 in Greater Manchester/ West Yorkshire/ Lancashire will still be able to get there without taking any extra time off.

How many did we take to Tranmere under Ronnie moore on a friday? A good 2,000 - at least.

There isn't any reason anyone finishing at 5 who is from Oldham or the surrounding area can't make it. What they might not be able to do is get pissed and have make a day of it.

Liverpool have had some good crowds for night matches against lower division opposition in recent years, I would expect at least 30,000.

Not wishing to be gloomy, but there's one thing maybe to consider - the weather, even if the pitch is playable access to the ground if it's knee deep in snow might mean a postponement.

Edited by BP1960

How many did we take to Tranmere under Ronnie moore on a friday? A good 2,000 - at least.

There isn't any reason anyone finishing at 5 who is from Oldham or the surrounding area can't make it. What they might not be able to do is get pissed and have make a day of it.

The difference is now you can make a night of it instead.

I love the optimism on this thread but I dont think we will take more than 4,000.

I will be there but have spoke to 3 or 4 today who cant make it and I think there will be quite a lot the same!

Hope I am wrong!

think you might be wrong....every man and his dog i know are goin. at least 30 people who don't normally go are guna go...that i know.

We will prob get 6000 and sell a good 5000 at the very least im coming from south gloucestershire like i do every other week and not a thing in the world will make me miss it

i just hope the fact i didnt buy a season ticket as i miss the weekend games dont come back to bite me on the ass

i really can not stress enough please not buy restricted seats at liverpool they are seriously restricted when people stand up lads at the back will not be able to see the goals, i want everyone to enjoy this and not miss out

please can we skip xmas and make it 6th jan now

More than true.

We've sold out games we've been to on a Friday before. We always take good numbers to Tranmere. This is a bigger game that people want to go to. You have three hours after five to make a one hour trip if you work until five.

you have three weeks to get a day off work/ swap shifts/ get a baby sitter.

The trains will be more frequent than a Sunday.

Please stop moaning about the night of the game. If we had them at Boundary park and took them to a replay you would all go to Anfield on the Tuesday night.

Let's just have a laugh eh? And watch a famous victory.

UTL

Edited by Roger Ritchie

6,000 (or whatever our allocation is) it might be a different 6000 with more day-trippers but we will take the same. Most people working 9 to 5 in Greater Manchester/ West Yorkshire/ Lancashire will still be able to get there without taking any extra time off.

Why would there be more "day-trippers". I'm intrigued as to the the etymology of the phrase; has it now officially supplanted "glory hunters"?

Why would there be more "day-trippers". I'm intrigued as to the the etymology of the phrase; has it now officially supplanted "glory hunters"?

Surely in modern day Greater Manchester/East Lancashire, the term glory hunter can not apply to a person who goes to watch Oldham Athletic (generally). Maybe more so if we got to the JPT Final as we have a decent chance of winning something, but not to a game where chances are we will get whupped.

Surely in modern day Greater Manchester/East Lancashire, the term glory hunter can not apply to a person who goes to watch Oldham Athletic (generally). Maybe more so if we got to the JPT Final as we have a decent chance of winning something, but not to a game where chances are we will get whupped.

To quote, and slightly paraphrase, a line from my forthcoming film:

It's one weird @?*&^% who hunts glory in a place like this

I was only going off a lot of the comments on here about people not being able to go on the Friday- I assume that anyone who posts on here supports Oldham aside from a few League 1 exceptions.

Day-trippers includes glory hunters- so every glory hunter is a day-tripper but not every day-tripper is a glory hunter. Jimsleftfoot summed up the key anomaly in describing any Oldham fan as a glory hunter.