• Another coach/bus
    • Minibus
    • Driving from Oldham
    • Driving from elsewhere
    • Train
    • Not decided yet
    • Other
    • Not going
  2. 2. If on the train, which are you aiming for?

• Earlier than 15.30 from Manchester
    • 15.37 from Piccadilly
    • 15.39 from Victoria
    • 16.01 from Pic
    • 16.07 from Pic
    • 16.37 from Pic
    • 16.39 from Vic
    • 17.01 from Pic
    • 17.07 from Pic
    • 17.37 from Pic
    • 18.01 from Pic
    • Later than 18.01 from Manchester
    • Not travelling through Manchester
    • Not on the train

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The buzz surrounding the FA Cup game is fantastic and it is great to see the number of people who have organised coaches and minibuses.

This is just a quick survey to see what people on here are doing about travelling over to Merseyside.

I agree, this is like going back 20 years!

Good to have something to look forward to with Latics!

I was going to drive but there is now quite an interest in a bus from Stalybridge so that is the best option!

Watch out for parking on the official car parks and Goodison it was a few years ago £10.00!!!! But your car is safe, well safe as it possibly can be round there!!

Plus if you go on the unofficial car parks they cram you in like sardines and you can end up stuck there for well over an hour!

Janet

I remember the first game at Anfield post promotion. Parked my car somewhere near the ground and was immediately assailed with the expected "mind your car mister?"

I told them it was a company car so didn't really care what happened to it. They must have been confused - it was fine after the match.

I have been based in Liverpool this week and the the roadworks from Risley thru to Burtonwood are an absolute nightmare, it took me 1 3/4 hours to get back to Royton, just the volume of traffic, this was dinner time yesterday, I've also gone via the East Lancs (A580) and tbh there's not a great deal in it so be be on the safe side I'd give yourselves at least 2 hours.

Me dad will be driving, so probably pick the missus up from work at Media City at about 3.30, stop off someowhere en route for a bite to eat and a pint or two then get to the game.

Civilised these days. Had it been 5 or 10 years ago it'd have been the 1.30pm train into Lime Street and a 6 hour booze.

By car, arriving about 11:00am and parking in Goodison Park area. Use free travel pass on bus into City centre.

Visit the newly-opened Museum of Liverpool on the waterfront near Albert Dock. The free football show 'Kicking and screaming' and the free Beatles show 'In the town where I was born' are shown at regular intervals every day.

Lunch in Raven (Irish American Beer Hall), the Britannia Pavilion, Albert Dock.

Afternoon in the area in and around Matthew Street (famous for The Cavern Club & Eric’s) - possible pub(s): Flanagan’s Apple, White Star, The Welkin (Wetherspoon’s) and Hogshead,

and/or Dale Street - possible pub(s): Rigby's 23 - 25 (bargain scouse meal), The Excelsior 121 and The Ship and Mitre 133.

Bus or taxi to Anfield pub – either Arkells or Flat Iron.