Liverpool Tickets

* One guy in the office was looking to buy 4 on Saturday. He doesn't have a ST or generally buy a programme but is fairly regular. I had offered to give him my programme tokens but he wanted 4 seats altogether and now will, most likely miss out. However, thems the breaks. I don't see how the club could have accommodated fans in this scenario.

He'll have got 4 if he got off his arse. No mention of limits for people there around 7.30ish.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too happy, me and my daughter have been to all but two home games this season accompanied by around 3500 others. Looks like I will miss out now in an allocation of 6100. Can't really complain as I certainly wasn't going to be there at 4am to queue but why are people allowed to buy more than 2 tickets?

Whats the score with Latics getting more tickets? Doesnt anyone know for certain they will get another allocation or should I just end up in the Centenuary stand with a few other latics fans??

Of all days OH had to be called away it was today and I couldnt get upto Oldham to get bloody tickets Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Desperate to take my nephew to this his Dad would have wanted him there and he would have been there.

Janet

why are people allowed to buy more than 2 tickets?

Because we've reached the "open sale" phase.

As I posted earlier, I think there should have been a restriction of 4 per person, but in many cases somebody buying, say, a dozen tickets could well be buying them for other Latics fans as agreed in the pub last night. If there had been a stated restriciton, you'd have simply seen more people in the queue buying the same number of tickets.

I think the club could be a little bit slicker around how they've done things, but on the whole they've got it right.

My only criticism is that they haven't milked it for a lot more (e.g. ticket sales for the Hartlepool and Notts County games, linking tickets to half-season ticket sales etc).

Edited by opinions4u

As I posted earlier, I think there should have been a restriction of 4 per person, but in many cases somebody buying, say, a dozen tickets could well be buying them for other Latics fans as agreed in the pub last night. If there had been a stated restriciton, you'd have simply seen more people in the queue buying the same number of tickets.

I think the club could be a little bit slicker around how they've done things, but on the whole they've got it right.

My only criticism is that they haven't milked it for a lot more (e.g. ticket sales for the Hartlepool and Notts County games, linking tickets to half-season ticket sales etc).

Agreed. They could done what they did, but had today as - If you are buying a Half Season ticket or a Notts County ticket, you can buy a liverpool one too then Friday it's Open sale

fair post but i know a fair few who got extra tickets have got them for non-Latics fans who just going along for the ride - if they could only buy 2 this wouldnt have happened - I know of people asking over phone to mates who wanted tickets as they were queing and got extras for them. Just hope somehow Liverpool find extra allocation as seems unlikely will be a full house for them so it would be in their own interests to give OAFC more.

Reminds me of the Play off game with Blackpool many many light years ago, we queued at stupid o'clock and ended up buy 12 tickets each, not just for me but for other Latics fans who couldnt make the trip to bp!

Reminds me of the Play off game with Blackpool many many light years ago, we queued at stupid o'clock and ended up buy 12 tickets each, not just for me but for other Latics fans who couldnt make the trip to bp!

Then later in the week people were still able to mosy on down the day before and buy as many as they wanted….

Edited by oafcprozac

Good for you, but your ST doesn't entitle you to two tickets for Home games so for me it's a nonsense that you should be able to have two for this, or indeed, any other away game regardless of who we are playing.

I reckon there are 2,000 or so ST holders, and we get about 3,500 fans most games.

There are probably a good number of those who pay on the day, that go with a ST holder but they cant afford a ST themselves!

So 2 per ST holder (not that everyone with a ST would buy 2 tickets) would still leave at least a couple of thousand for everyone else.

So if you are one of those you have a few choices......

1) Buy a half year ST (I dont know if that was still viable)

2) Save the programme vouchers (just in case we get a glamour tie in Round 3)

3) Plan early that you are going to get up early and queue with all the other hardy souls

4) Get up too late, cant be arsed queuing like everyone else and moan like :censored: that its all the clubs fault when you dont get one!

Does this only happen at Latics???

Got four tickets in the front row at about 1.15, after queuing from about 8.45.

I don't want to criticise the club because it's not like we have games like this every week, but the guy behind us in the queue had the splendid idea of using the turnstiles.

Markoasis's idea was a £10 or £20 a year membership scheme, which gets you some level of priority when we get games like this.

Not too happy, me and my daughter have been to all but two home games this season accompanied by around 3500 others. Looks like I will miss out now in an allocation of 6100. Can't really complain as I certainly wasn't going to be there at 4am to queue but why are people allowed to buy more than 2 tickets?

The most balanced and understanding post of them all in my humble.

The most balanced and understanding post of them all in my humble.

This does bother me tbh, it should have been 2 tickets each, full stop. You have to wonder if a few chances have took a punt on making a bob or two by buying in bulk. If they have that is :censored:ty but not surprising in the ':censored: you Jack, I'm alright', society, we live in. I hope those that have got tickets do the team and the club proud, let's go for a party and enjoy the evening.

This does bother me tbh, it should have been 2 tickets each, full stop. You have to wonder if a few chances have took a punt on making a bob or two by buying in bulk. If they have that is :censored:ty but not surprising in the ':censored: you Jack, I'm alright', society, we live in. I hope those that have got tickets do the team and the club proud, let's go for a party and enjoy the evening.

The most balanced and understanding post of them all in my humble MARK II

The most balanced and understanding post of them all in my humble MARK II

Well it just makes sense to limit ALL to 2 tickets, its the only fair and balanced way.

BTW, Can someone confirm there is bugger all point in me driving to Latics now..... all gone/still huge queue?

Well it just makes sense to limit ALL to 2 tickets, its the only fair and balanced way.

BTW, Can someone confirm there is bugger all point in me driving to Latics now..... all gone/still huge queue?

500 left according to the Chron's Matt Chambers 41 minutes ago…

Matt_chambers_ Matt Chambers

About 500 tickets currently left for Anfield, plenty of fans still in the queue and a likely sell-out soon #oafc

do you think we will have to sit in the seats allocated or could we just grab any once inside the ground?

Sit in your allocated seat, very big on it at Anfield, anyone in our seats will be politely asked to :censored: off….

Edited by oafcprozac

do you think we will have to sit in the seats allocated or could we just grab any once inside the ground?

As it's sold out, definitely only in the seat allocated. The last thing the stewards will want is thousands milling around trying to find their mates or arguing because some clown with a restricted view ticket is refusing to move from their unrestricted seat.