Liverpool Tickets

Absolute tosh medic....

I was working away in cornwall. Had i travelled up to get my tickets, id have paid more of a 'premium' as you put it. Where would that have sat me? In the directors box?

Im pretty certain people who have bought tickets at the ground days after i rang, are not sat on the verge of restricted like i am now....

Warning this is a long post

The cost for your journey wouldn't have been worth it that was entirely my point, you get a seat and the difference between your seat and the seat and the others is your a little bit higher up, you will still see the game, for some people living closer the journey and the cost was worth it for the ability to have more choice to choose a seat- like saying can I have one in block 124 or near the front or towards the back and the club being quite good for a football club would have tired to accommodate your request. To do that over the phone would have meant the phone call would have taken about 5 times as long and people would now be complaining about having to be hold for longer- which some have already done so on here. Incidentally, your seat isn't restricted the seat behind you is restricted. We have 2 ticket windows, 2 computers (which don't work all the time) and probably another phone line with a computer. Did you pay extra for using a credit card over the phone- I'd guess not, be grateful then as the club could easily have said its extra costs for us those buying over the phone have to pay a premium and we want to make as much money as possible so its a Ryan Air premium- £10 per seat booked, it is entirely legal to do so (the crackdown was announced after the tickets went on sale) and I think the club loose money as they have to pay credit card fees but I'm not certain on that. The last time we played Liverpool you had to queue to get your tickets at the ticket office so those living in the back of beyond had to travel, thankfully the times have moved on.

Splitting the tickets was by far and away the easiest thing to do, it stopped the same ticket being sold twice, the tickets probably went on sale the day after we got them as Liverpool would have needed time to print them (or get them printed), I doubt we were given anything extra to ease organisation (like a computer file with the seats all marked so the staff could specifically allocate those on the phone buying seats- or those in person when it comes down to it). So they probably just separated out a couple of hundred tickets and allocated them in the order the person phone them in, putting them in an envelope with a receipt. Those buying in person could ask more general questions and if you were buying over the phone and wanted a seat down the front for medical reasons then the club would have tried to accommodate you but that would have meant the people waiting to be served over the phone would have waited a bit longer and the would have complained about doing so.

Those who bought in person had to travel through snow to get theirs on Sunday- it was a bit better later in the week, but those who waited didn't get much of a choice of seat as they had already been sold.

Its a football club, its taking more people to Anfield than it gets at home games, the club probably only has a couple of hundred people per week trying to buy tickets in advance, (season ticket holders and pay on the gate excluded), it is not set up to cater for a couple of thousand people trying to buy tickets in person and then a couple of hundred buying them over the phone in the same time frame, to do so would mean everyone paying more for their tickets for home games, its simply not worth it currently for the club to spend thousands of pounds so for the once in 3 seasons we get a big game those buying over the phone can choose not to be in the last row of good seats (which is what you are complaining about). No one made you buy yours over the phone- they were still not on general sale yesterday and couldn't have sold out, you could have got your tickets yesterday, I presume the other person(s) you got a ticket for couldn't have travelled down to the ticket office for you (including children for whom it would have been inappropriate to do so) but that's not guaranteed. Life isn't fair, I can't drive at the moment but fortunately for me my Dad can and he went to get my ticket on Monday whilst he enjoys his hard earned retirement, we could have gotten our tickets over the phone but elected not to in order to try and choose roughly where we were sat (annoyingly the computers were down so my Dad did the best he could).

Lets face it its an Oldham message board it wouldn't be the same without someone complaining, one common theme is that the staff do the best they can to help people out where possible but for the once in a blue moon where we have a big demand for seats and allow people to buy theirs over the phone (which the club don't normally need to do), people complain that despite them having a good unrestricted view seat having paid the cash price its close to the restricted view seats, as if by sitting that close they are going to catch some infectious disease.

Fortunately Rosa gets it so I don't have to explain it to him as well.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fook me, have any of you lot ever stood on cramped terracing, pissed wet through, in the corner of some lower league slummy ground before?

You've bought a ticket to support your team in the famous anfield stadium, with all the odds stacked against us. You're sat down, under cover in possibly the best atmosphere so far this season - get gone, stop whining and bloody enjoy the evening!

Mrs o4u queued after an arduous 5 minute drive.

She wasn't offered choice of seat.

I don't think there's any differentiation of service between phone and personal purchases. It all depends on what questions are asked and how budy they are at the time of the transaction.

:idea: Mrs o4u could be utilised by our out of town fans as a personal queuer for a small fee, which could then be donated to playershare.......everyones happy :D

I've heard a few people Tweet that there are people camping outside already. I'm not sure how true this is myself but it sounds like tomorrow might be a busy day

Someone put it on Facebook that there was a dozen or so outside at 11pm??? WTF?

People have camped out overnight? At BP? In December? You know what, I really don't mind if they get a better view than me.

When i went to bed at 2:30 there was nobody there.

Now the queue goes past the club shop and through the exit gate into the ground, can't see inside there to see how many are inside.