Liverpool Tickets

Why is the ticket office not picking up the bloody phone surely it is manned and even if the counter staff are busy there surely should be someone taking phone bookings.

I have been sat here now for over an hour, tempted to drive up from Cornwall to Oldham at this rate.

Very angry at the minute

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the ticket office not picking up the bloody phone surely it is manned and even if the counter staff are busy there surely should be someone taking phone bookings.

I have been sat here now for over an hour, tempted to drive up from Cornwall to Oldham at this rate.

Very angry at the minute

Me too, finally got it to ring but no answer. To be honest, I'd feel a little guilty if I could get tickets from 200 miles away ahead of people who have been queing for 4 hours in the cold and rain!

Does anyone think we might sell out the 6.2k so fast that the club will take the 3k (?) extra for the upper tier?

I couldn't be arsed queuing up. Need two tickets too. Should be able to buy 'em online, it's nearly 2012. : /

Same. Drove up, saw the queue and turned back. How much would it really cost to loan a few wireless card payment devices?

Been handled in a poor way from the start, but I look forward to seeing all our new supporters on New Years Eve for the County game!

Same. Drove up, saw the queue and turned back. How much would it really cost to loan a few wireless card payment devices?

Been handled in a poor way from the start, but I look forward to seeing all our new supporters on New Years Eve for the County game!

Disagree.

supply exceeds demand, so there's always some that are going to be disappointed. It seems that you turned up later than hundreds of other Latics supporters...fair play to them.

ST holders got theirs no problem.

The club is piss poor in every sense. They never advertised the programme offer and fans like me & my mate mate who go to around 18 games a season, home and away are left to open sale. I phone up yesterday to enquire about open sale to be told, 'yes you can purchase as many as you want' my friend turns up this morning and stands in the chaddy end for 3 hours, no tickets, to be told 2 per person, however you wont get one anyway!!! She then walks past 5 people with man utd & arsenal tops. Well owners i really hope these twats turn up when your begging for gates, because i wont from now on. TWATS !!!!

Disagree.

supply exceeds demand, so there's always some that are going to be disappointed. It seems that you turned up later than hundreds of other Latics supporters...fair play to them.

I don't have any gripe with fans willing to queue up. My alarm to wake up went off at 6am and was turned straight off as I turned back over. If other fans are willing to stand for hours in the queue for tickets, they deserve them more than I do.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that you should be able to buy tickets on line. It would save on administration costs, and would generate revenue for hits on the website.

Disagree.

Got no problem with people wanting to queue up for 2-3 hours, but in 2011 it shouldn't really be necessary. The cost of having a few extra people taking phone or wireless card orders would be peanuts.

And I don't think ST holders should have able to purchase more than one ticket, let alone people being able to get as many as they want on open sale, but there you go.

Edited by deyres42

The club is piss poor in every sense. They never advertised the programme offer and fans like me & my mate mate who go to around 18 games a season, home and away are left to open sale. I phone up yesterday to enquire about open sale to be told, 'yes you can purchase as many as you want' my friend turns up this morning and stands in the chaddy end for 3 hours, no tickets, to be told 2 per person, however you wont get one anyway!!! She then walks past 5 people with man utd & arsenal tops. Well owners i really hope these twats turn up when your begging for gates, because i wont from now on. TWATS !!!!

The club did advertise the programme offer.

I do agree that there needed to be more clarity on how many tickets people could buy this morning but clearly the club have tried to adapt as it has become clear that demand has exceeded their expectations. Based upon the 4,000 who turned up for a home game on Tuesday I don't think it is too unreasonable that the expectation was that we would struggle to sell 6,200 tickets.

I honestly think that overall the club have handled this as well as could be expected.

If you go to 18 games a season, buy a season ticket between you next season, you would have been guaranteed your tickets then, club can't :censored:ing win whatever they do, there's no money for extra staff, or manned hotlines its all hands to the pump and :censored: me at least one of the lads in the ticket pffice does it for :censored: all, simply his love for the club. Heard a rumour that even Alan's offered his time today despite his illness.

Everyone knew what would happen, it happens every time, personally I don't think we'll sell out, today is the initial open sale panic before things calm down….

If you go to 18 games a season, buy a season ticket between you next season, you would have been guaranteed your tickets then, club can't :censored:ing win whatever they do, there's no money for extra staff, or manned hotlines its all hands to the pump and :censored: me at least one of the lads in the ticket pffice does it for :censored: all, simply his love for the club. Heard a rumour that even Alan's offered his time today despite his illness.

Everyone knew what would happen, it happens every time, personally I don't think we'll sell out, today is the initial open sale panic before things calm down….

And IF we get to Wembley, chances are it'll be ticketmaster, so yes you'll get through but have to pay almost a tenner each in :censored:ing charges, so the :censored: really will hit the fan….

Given that many thought we'd struggle to sell out, this is rather good news - isn't it?

Here's some thoughts from me:

1) Season ticket holders getting 2 each is fair and right. They're the lifeblood of the football club and there were always going to be 2,000+ tickets left over for others. Equally, it's right that season ticket holders are limited to 1 ticket each for Chesterfield away when significantly fewer tickets are available.

2) The programme tokens were advertised at matches. My only criticism of the club here is that (1) the PA sysyem is :censored:e and (2) they should put tokens in every programme from the start of the season, so that those who want to attend a big game (should one come along) know to buy a programme for each game they attend.

3) There should be a limit on those queueing today. I'd suggest 4 per person maximum, plus any outstanding season ticket holder entitlement. But clarity prior to queuing is important and that doesn't seem to have happened.

4) While it would be nice to have online availability, there is additional cost to setting this up and is it fair that the person with the fastest internet access gets tickets ahead of those who queue for 4+ hours? Similar for telephone sales.

5) Finally my big issue with Latics and big match ticketing. 2 windows. This is just silly. Could they not sell tickets out of some of the food bars where you could have 6 sellers in each, or a corner of the club shop? If there are issues with the number of debit card machines you could easily advertise "cash only". I appreciate that there are potential security issues, but surely it's not beyond the wit of those in the football club to find ways to make this queue move much faster.

Anyway, fair play to those who have queued. Fair play to Dickov, Butler, Taylor and others for serving the drinks. Fair play to Latics for getting themselves a big game.

Hopefully we'll get the extra tickets, sell them, and make more noise than Anfield has ever heard.

Edited by opinions4u

"Everyone knew what would happen, it happens every time, personally I don't think we'll sell out, today is the initial open sale panic before things calm down…."

.....are you sure? From what seems to be being said on here from people in the queue, we could be sold out by lunchtime. As I live down South, looks like my only hope is we sell out this morning and the club are brave enough to take the 3k in the top tier (assuming this option actualy exists!)

I guess the maths are 3,000 x £25 = £75k risk for Latics....but, it's only really about half that as we would keep around 45% of the £75k as the tickets are treated as being sold once we commit to them presumably. So then any we actually sell further reduce the exposure. Go on Simon, take the extra tickets!!!!