Liverpool Tickets

As it's sold out, definitely only in the seat allocated. The last thing the stewards will want is thousands milling around trying to find their mates or arguing because some clown with a restricted view ticket is refusing to move from their unrestricted seat.

cheers for that.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's sold out, definitely only in the seat allocated. The last thing the stewards will want is thousands milling around trying to find their mates or arguing because some clown with a restricted view ticket is refusing to move from their unrestricted seat.

You just know though a few will try it on, especially those mobbed up and pissed up with their mates…that's why we asked for the front at least then if no bugger will sit at least my two young uns and visually impaired dad will be able to at least see a bit of the game!

IF we get a replay, how many tickets do you think we will give to them. If we give them the whole of the RRE (4,500 ish) that leaves 6100 seats left for everyone else (our capacity is 10638), we have sold that many for Anfield and people who want to go are going to miss out. Presumably the demand will be as high for any replay. I think the club ought to be planning already for any possible replay.

You just know though a few will try it on, especially those mobbed up and pissed up with their mates…that's why we asked for the front at least then if no bugger will sit at least my two young uns and visually impaired dad will be able to at least see a bit of the game!

All you gotta do is tell a steward if they don't move after asking them to. If they don't move after the steward asks them to, then they can get kicked out. Simples.

I'm on row 5 so hopefully won't have much trouble with people in the seats we're in.

Hope it doesn't take ages to queue up to get in though.

IF we get a replay, how many tickets do you think we will give to them. If we give them the whole of the RRE (4,500 ish) that leaves 6100 seats left for everyone else (our capacity is 10638), we have sold that many for Anfield and people who want to go are going to miss out. Presumably the demand will be as high for any replay. I think the club ought to be planning already for any possible replay.

They should get the small bit of the RRE.

They'll end up with the big bit "on police advice".

Happened to us at Goodison when we won there in FA Cup a few years back.

Hundreds insisted on standing all game and all the kids in our section couldn't see!

Probably give them full RRE on police advice. However, club could ignore this and give Latics fans an extra 1600ish seats.

How would we sort out with selling the seats though? Two for every ST holder again? Some will argue not fair, some will argue fair as some have an ST and then their children every so often.

If was a replay, I'd say give them the big section initially of RRE and then for home fans say one ticket per ST produced, but you can buy an extra ticket aswell if you produce a ticket for a previous home match recently (Hartlepool, Notts County etc.. or just one from a home LEAGUE game this season) and see how well they sell. If we are due to sell out in home tickets then we have the 1600ish seats in RRE to give to home fans, if we don't sell out or the demand aint there for the extra's (which i guess there would be judging by we have almost now sold out our Anfield allocation and some still can't get tickets), then Liverpool can have the extra 1600ish tickets.

Probably give them full RRE on police advice. However, club could ignore this and give Latics fans an extra 1600ish seats.

How would we sort out with selling the seats though? Two for every ST holder again? Some will argue not fair, some will argue fair as some have an ST and then their children every so often.

If was a replay, I'd say give them the big section initially of RRE and then for home fans say one ticket per ST produced, but you can buy an extra ticket aswell if you produce a ticket for a previous home match recently (Hartlepool, Notts County etc.. or just one from a home LEAGUE game this season) and see how well they sell. If we are due to sell out in home tickets then we have the 1600ish seats in RRE to give to home fans, if we don't sell out or the demand aint there for the extra's (which i guess there would be judging by we have almost now sold out our Anfield allocation and some still can't get tickets), then Liverpool can have the extra 1600ish tickets.

Why on earth would you surpress demand from home supporters like that when a possible outcome would be more away supporters?

Not that a replay will happen but a temporary stand on the lookers......?

Oh and as has been said, season ticket holders commit to the club for a season, not just the one game when we play Liverpool or Chesterfield (trip to wembley?) in the cup.

A game with demand like this probably occurs once every two to three years in recent history, no need to reinvent the wheel for what is effectively a one-off.

Well done to all at the club for reacting to an 'extreme' event in the best possible way with the resources they have.

Edited by blueatheart

You are limiting your tickets to one per buyer.

Initially to ST holders. They get first dibs, only on sale to them for few days, and instead of them buying a extra ticket as is the case now for someone who doesn't come to games, they have to show a ticket for a game this season to buy an extra one for their mates, who have been this season to a league game. Means that those who actually bother to watch Latics in a league game are able to get a ticket more easier than those who don't and just want to come down to watch Liverpool. Then they go on open sale. This way it stops those daytrippers who know an ST holder getting tickets ahead of those who go to watch Latics but don't have an ST.

500 left according to the Chron's Matt Chambers 41 minutes ago…

Matt_chambers_ Matt Chambers

About 500 tickets currently left for Anfield, plenty of fans still in the queue and a likely sell-out soon #oafc

Very surprised by that, the woman showed me a stack and said 'this is what's left'. There weren't 500 in that pile!

Are people still at the ground?