Fabulous first thirty minutes

On the bus home from the pub listening to the game on 5live. Shame the scouse scored but sounds great so far! Why can't we play like this every week!! Lots of praise for Simpson, Cisak and Taylor from 5live so far. Cisak sounds like our savour!! OWTB

Very proud of our performance! We look up for it but about 5 minutes after our goal we seemed to slow down and then they got their goal.

Still, a great first half from us. Kuqi had a great chance early on which I thought he should of got on target or msybe scored.

Keep the faith.

Quality football from us in the first half hour but certainly look like theyre causing us some trouble now. I couldnt get the Aljazera TV working, advertised our game but was showing Brazil v Egypt and it was in Arabic, watching on Setanta though and its a good feed.

Flattering score line, but little contribution from Kuqi (enough is enough now from him now surely - Smith looked far more effective) and Scapuzzi, and why did PD resort again to sqaure pegs in round holes in Lee at left back and and Adeyemi at right back ?

I'm not sure this is the right game to be questioning PD on, he made a decision to have a go tonight and it was magnificent, we should have been ahead at half time and Tom should have equalised in the second half

Scapuzzi may have shone tonight in. Premier league type of game...he didn't and PD took him off early which was the right decision. perhaps he thought Lee might be able to stop Bellamy...not sure anyone's could have tonight

Very, very proud of the team and PD tonight

I'm not sure this is the right game to be questioning PD on, he made a decision to have a go tonight and it was magnificent, we should have been ahead at half time and Tom should have equalised in the second half

Scapuzzi may have shone tonight in. Premier league type of game...he didn't and PD took him off early which was the right decision. perhaps he thought Lee might be able to stop Bellamy...not sure anyone's could have tonight

Very, very proud of the team and PD tonight

I question it because it flopped last time with Lee at left back and Clarke at right back, IMO top priority in the transfer window is an experienced steady left back.

Most of the lads played very well and 3-1 would have been a more deserving scoreline.

I question it because it flopped last time with Lee at left back and Clarke at right back, IMO top priority in the transfer window is an experienced steady left back.

Most of the lads played very well and 3-1 would have been a more deserving scoreline.

I think Dickov got it right by putting Lee at LB as Black would've been even more exposed by Bellamy if he played there, but I think Black is worth persevering with in League 1 as he only really gets shown up by players who are well above his level (e.g. Oxlade-Chamberlain).

very unfair scoreline. not a reflection on the game. started both halves really well. should,ve been 2 up - kuqi!!! fluke liverpool first. really soft penalty. gifted the third and then 2 in last few minutes following the racism incident. tom was very very angry. the score really flattered them and did not reflect an excellent team performance. very unlucky. well done to everyone. fans were brilliant. i was in the centenary stand - some liverpool fans are a little strange. anyway, well done and really unlucky.

1000% agree score means nothing. Fans out of this world. Hats off to all of them clearly heard throughout the whole game on radio.

Thanks to Simmo for my £908.23p bless him however its better than that havent a clue how much yet.

First "live" viewed game in 12 years (Setanta). Funny how Player was 5 seconds in front! Fantastic performance. Brilliant goal. Dodgy Pen and the Latics fans gave me goose bumps. Scoreline flattered them immensley. My Aussie wife thinks I am nuts......but you got hammered darling. She has no idea.

Will be back home for Wembley!

Edited by L1onheart

The last time I was that proud of an Oldham team in defeat in person was Wembley (although its only with Hindsight that I recognise it).

Stephen Gerrard makes more in 2 months than we loose in a year, what they paid for Andy Carroll would keep us for God knows how long.

A team of youth team products, discards, and prospects, plus a passed his prime CF made the 6th best team in the country look ordinary for over 30 minutes. A correct but very soft penalty- Tom gave their player a push, but it was less of a push than is seen on every corner and if that was a penalty we deserved at least another one killed it for us. They have some quality and it showed but for the first half you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between the team lying 6th in the country to the team in in 58th.

I've seen us come closer at Anfield but even in the Premiership days we didn't dominate the game for as long as we did today's at the start.

Plus on a personal note, Robbie Simpson made me some money and I got my picture with Reuben Hazell.

The last time I was that proud of an Oldham team in defeat in person was Wembley (although its only with Hindsight that I recognise it).

Stephen Gerrard makes more in 2 months than we loose in a year, what they paid for Andy Carroll would keep us for God knows how long.

A team of youth team products, discards, and prospects, plus a passed his prime CF made the 6th best team in the country look ordinary for over 30 minutes. A correct but very soft penalty- Tom gave their player a push, but it was less of a push than is seen on every corner and if that was a penalty we deserved at least another one killed it for us. They have some quality and it showed but for the first half you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between the team lying 6th in the country to the team in in 58th.

I've seen us come closer at Anfield but even in the Premiership days we didn't dominate the game for as long as we did today's at the start.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

:applause1:

Just being able to go 1 nil up at Anfield was a special moment which will live long in the memory.

I wouldn't say it was the first 30 mins I thought we were well in the game until the hour mark, then Liverpool scored the third and it was game over. Craig Bellamy was far too good for us to be able to handle everytime he got the ball you felt they would score. Carragher had Kuqi in his back pocket no real shame in that Taylor I thought had one of his better games certainly first half. We tired towards the end and it showed having to work so hard to compete with Liverpool certainly wore us down towards the end and I think a few players were dead on their feet hence why it finnished 5-1. Plus when you can bring on £55million worth talent a figure which would buy our club, buy us a new ground, and possibly buy us a team that would be able to get to the premiership then you realise what your up against.

I also hope the incident with Adeyami which I didn't see so wouldn't know about doesn't over shadow tonights game.

Still onwards and upwards we gave a respectable account of ourselves overall and we still have a chance to have more great moments from the rest of this season.

Kenny's summed it up fairly well.

"The scoreline is a bit flattering really," said Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish.

"Oldham did their club and their manager proud.

"They created one or two threatening situations for themselves, especially in the first half, so getting back as quickly as we did with the equaliser helped us.

"But the scoreline does not reflect the distance between the two teams on that performance."