I was on a bus today which sung racist songs time and time again. in hindsight i wish we would have chose a different bus. the targets for abuse in these songs were welsh, asian, black, a whole host of abuse i wish never to hear on a football venture. i find it quite ironic and idiotic then how our own fans can sing these songs, and yet in the next breath sing "town full of racists". Its quite a sad fact that the majority of the fans there tonight will not be at the majority of games over the course of the season, yet it is idiots like this who we remember.

i feel for tom i really do, but to me there is no difference in calling tom with "black" chants and bellamy with "welsh" chants.

football is a complete farce and it needs to hand out much harsher penalties than "a lifetime ban".

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on a bus today which sung racist songs time and time again. in hindsight i wish we would have chose a different bus. the targets for abuse in these songs were welsh, asian, black, a whole host of abuse i wish never to hear on a football venture. i find it quite ironic and idiotic then how our own fans can sing these songs, and yet in the next breath sing "town full of racists". Its quite a sad fact that the majority of the fans there tonight will not be at the majority of games over the course of the season, yet it is idiots like this who we remember.

i feel for tom i really do, but to me there is no difference in calling tom with "black" chants and bellamy with "welsh" chants.

football is a complete farce and it needs to hand out much harsher penalties than "a lifetime ban".

lol@ welsh jibe, FFS mate, if Bellamy could read your post he'd cringe, bit of a difference between a racist jibe and a nationality jibe, you'll be telling me its wrong to call a scot,a jock kilt wearing haggis eating faggot next!!

lol@ welsh jibe, FFS mate, if Bellamy could read your post he'd cringe, bit of a difference between a racist jibe and a nationality jibe, you'll be telling me its wrong to call a scot,a jock kilt wearing haggis eating faggot next!!

Your comments magnify all that is wrong with football. what is the difference between being born welsh and being born black? both are a unique group that are no inferior or superior to the next. the fact they are different to yourself is used as an insult and by pure definiton is wrong.

always had a soft spot for liverpool.........until tonight................they can rot.......I am an old sod who will crack a joke about c@@ns

n@@gers....because of my age.. I know its wrong..but no harm meant...

But harm will be caused.

All of of what you've said is discriminatory. Racism is discrimination.

Your comments magnify all that is wrong with football. what is the difference between being born welsh and being born black? both are a unique group that are no inferior or superior to the next. the fact they are different to yourself is used as an insult and by pure definiton is wrong.

It's a much wider issue than football.

Well when their manager - a "legend" at the club and worshipped by their fans - attempts to justify Suarez's comments then would do you expect from the mindless minority?

It's a real shame that a club with a long and illustrious history has had it's name tarnished over the last 2 weeks with the cancer of racism.

Every club is infected with it including ours. I read on this post that fans heard racist chants on their bus to Anfield. I also hard last night the "Ooh Roger Palmer" chant from our fans...was he there? Now please correct me if I'm wrong but is this really a chant to recognise one of our own legends or is it purely coincidental that it tends to be sung when one of our black players plays well?

It really sickens me in 2012 that players are singled out due to skin colour or nationality.

Football needs to make a stand after last night. Irrespective of any police investigation Dalglish and Liverpool FC need to publicly issue an unconditional apology regarding their fans, Suarez and the Suarez t-shirt incident plus admit that Dalglish was wrong to attempt to justify Suarez.

Fans also shouldn't be afraid to name and shame culprits - racism needs eliminating from our game before it gathers pace.

We did ourselves proud last night but all that's been overshadowed now.

Agree... but it is still an issue for football and to be taken seriously by football... Specially given the unique culture around football...

And I think football does take it seriously.

Liverpool didn't help themselves with their reaction to the Suarez issue and, assuming the allegations from Friday night are true, the fact an individual wearing a Suarez t-shirt is involved adds significantly to the way Dalglish misjudged that situation.

And I think football does take it seriously.

Liverpool didn't help themselves with their reaction to the Suarez issue and, assuming the allegations from Friday night are true, the fact an individual wearing a Suarez t-shirt is involved adds significantly to the way Dalglish misjudged that situation.

100% agree that the powers that be within football authorities do take racism seriously. However, I'm starting to believe that some clubs just play lip service to it.

I was gobsmacked that Dalglish attempted to justify Suarez's comment and even more so when the players were allowed to wear t-shirts with Suarez on them. This was a mssive misjudgement on their part and one that needs addressing especially after last night.

They'll hide behind the old "lets wait until the outcome of the police investigation" but that's b@ll@cks. There's no smoke without fire and Adiyemi wouldn't have reacted like he did if the comments to him weren't racist. Liverpool should have come out last night and said that they will root out and ban the individuals from last night, ban the Suarez t-shirts being worn by fans and players and reinforce their zero tolerance to racism.

EDIT - had to amend the sentence with Suarez and t-shirt in it because this site created a link to Amazon where you could buy....yep you guessed it (How did that happen moderators??!!!)

Edited by Midsblue

They'll hide behind the old "lets wait until the outcome of the police investigation" but that's b@ll@cks. There's no smoke without fire and Adiyemi wouldn't have reacted like he did if the comments to him weren't racist

Now lets not do a Liverpool and go all in supporting our lad...

I don't believe for a second he is lying... But it is very plausible he misheard it... So we do need to be a bit careful.

Saying this, someone has apparently made a statement to the police stating "you black bastard" was shouted at him... But thats paper talk at the moment...

Edited by oafc0000

what really struck me about the whole thing was how anyone with even a modicum of intelligence seeing what was going on would think that there was a chance he had been racially abused, his anger and upset were plain to see. So, armed with that knowledge, what would you do the next time he touched the ball? Boo him as loud as you can? That's what thousands of Liverpool fans did. Utterly utterly braindead and moronic.

what really struck me about the whole thing was how anyone with even a modicum of intelligence seeing what was going on would think that there was a chance he had been racially abused, his anger and upset were plain to see. So, armed with that knowledge, what would you do the next time he touched the ball? Boo him as loud as you can? That's what thousands of Liverpool fans did. Utterly utterly braindead and moronic.

In their defence, I didn't have a clue what had gone on. I discovered the "racist" overtones via my wife's Facebook account on the East Lancs Road after the game. I'd like to consider myself vaguely intellient too - feel free to suggest otherwise.

Booing an oppomemt who's had a go at one/some of your fans is something I've seen before.

That's exactly the point and, I believe, is directly linked to Liverpool's misguided support of Suarez.

They have brought this on themselves and the FA should come down on them very hard

I thought that last night... Lots of Liverpool fans saying it was "manc bastard"... and I did think, does that make it ok ?

I was one who referred to Bellamy's Welshness and parentage last night too. Though it was in admiration / frustration of him basically winning the game for them.

So I'm not exactly "clean" on the subject.

In their defence, I didn't have a clue what had gone on. I discovered the "racist" overtones via my wife's Facebook account on the East Lancs Road after the game. I'd like to consider myself vaguely intellient too - feel free to suggest otherwise.

Booing an oppomemt who's had a go at one/some of your fans is something I've seen before.

you were at the far end of the pitch though - unless you had your eyes shut for a good minute anyone in the stand in front of which he was spoken to by the referee or in the Kop would have been able to see that he was seriously upset. Why did they boo him? Because he first confronted the Kop, was then calmed by several players, pointed at the Kop a few more times, wiped his eyes - if you see all that going on, and as I say if you were at that end of the ground you'd need to have had your eyes shut, then - in the full knowledge your club has been through the mill recently regarding racism - booing him loudly is the mark of a moron. No two ways about it.

you were at the far end of the pitch though - unless you had your eyes shut for a good minute anyone in the stand in front of which he was spoken to by the referee or in the Kop would have been able to see that he was seriously upset. Why did they boo him? Because he first confronted the Kop, was then calmed by several players, pointed at the Kop a few more times, wiped his eyes - if you see all that going on, and as I say if you were at that end of the ground you'd need to have had your eyes shut, then - in the full knowledge your club has been through the mill recently regarding racism - booing him loudly is the mark of a moron. No two ways about it.

I see where you're coming from.

To be honest, I think the incident probably contributed to us conceding the late two goals as well. Which is a shame.

There's definately a tone and attitude that has now been set by Liverpool FC that would lead to incidents such as last nights' and it's up to them to right their wrongs. A side issue is that they would view any action by the FA as persecution (their fans already seem to think they have it in for them).

Similarly, though I'd much rather we get our own house in order first. When our fans back our team we can be magnificent but heir are certain times (such as the 'Oooh Roger Palmer' stuff mentioned above) when we can be downright embarrassing.

As far as the incident itself goes, I'm glad that the police are investigating and hope they get to the truth. What this isn't is a wild accusation by Tom - the upset in him clearly shows that he has heard something deeply upseting to him on what should have been a personal career high for him. No-one here knows whether he actually misheard it or not but the ensuing booing, the subsequent Suarez chanting and tageting of Tom on dovial network sites is just...:censored:.

Might have already been said but i cringed when a large proportion of our fans were singing 'you're just a town full of racists' with grins on their faces.

I couldn't agree more. Even if it were true (which it obviously isn't) and even if we were blameless (which we clearly aren't) it would still be a horribly smug and destructive thing to chant.

As it is, it just embarrassing in the extreme, and at times like that I, a die-hard Oldham fan for 40 years, wonder whether I really belong to this group of people.

That aside a great atmosphere and a team performance to be proud of.

Edited by The Chaplain