Nothing is clear until there is definite evidence to suggest the supporter or supporters shouted anything racial or separatist. All that article says is that there are allegations. The sub claims Liverpool is 'embroiled in a race row' then the article says nothing factual at all.

Liverpool have a possible get-out here: the comment Manc Bastard however separatist and discriminatory, is not in the same legal league: in my opinion, however dim some fans might be, it would be very difficult for a player to clearly hear the difference between Manc and Black given the volume of the crowd.

Adeyemi was upset, something may have been said to upset him and it'll need a lot of sorting out, however we need to get the facts before going all in.

And what's worse is the wave of OAFC fans on twitter condemning the Liverpool fans before 1) Facts are released by the Police and FA and 2) asking the question: is our own house in order?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This vid shows him getting about 20 yards away from the crowd line then turning around.

<br>

<br>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0sPgGoe0ygI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<br>

Could he hear properly? What does he think he heard? The TV shows a couple of LFC fans with Suarez scarves, I cannnot make out the shirt - where these fans the ones? Where they anywhere near? Or was it a TV cutaway of generic LFC fans? To be fair one can see a small group of white t-shirt wearing fans in the corner nowhere near where Adeyemi is gesturing.

<br>

Tweets last night claimed 2 fans were arrested with pro-Suarez garb on, were the tweets influenced by the TV cameras?

<br>

Police this morning reported that nobody was arrested for racial abuse however three were detained for d&d!

<br>

Facts first, action later.

It must of being something to do with racism because straight after this the whole stadium started singing for Luis Suarez and one lying bastard about Evra. I wonder what would of happened if they had said it to Mvoto.

Hello, I am a Liverpool fan who registered to these forums last night, following the incident. If the young lad has been racially abused then I feel, like many other Liverpool fans, very ashamed. This is not a true refelction of us Liverpool fans.

There has been a media circus surrounding Liverpool lately, due to the Suarez case, with many tabloids portraying us as a racist club. However we have our reasons for supporting our player. We have read the report, we have read the evidence etc. The FA's verdit was that "Evra was probably telling the truth". Personally, I don't view this as a solid verdict.

Anyways enough of the Suarez incident, I don't care what you think about that. What I do care about is that someone on the Kop, 1 or 2 individuals, shouted something forcing Tom Adeyemi into tears. I can assure you that this is now how all Liverpool fans are, and that we, on message boards and on the streets, want the fan to be punished.

Oldham performed very well last night, and the scoreline flattered Liverpool. For 60 odd minutes they where out-performing us, and you guys can be very proud of the effort. It's just a shame that 1 or 2 bellends have ruined the occasion for you guys.

Edited by Comeinpeace

It must of being something to do with racism because straight after this the whole stadium started singing for Luis Suarez and one lying bastard about Evra. I wonder what would of happened if they had said it to Mvoto.

I was on the Kop mate, and the majority of us thought that there was a object thrown at Tom Adeyemi, and we didn't know that he recieved racist abuse. We where singing those songs throughthought the game, and we where doing it more and more towards the end of the game.

The reason we where booing Adeyemi's every touch was because of the tackle he made on young John Flanagan.

Couldn't hear ya :wink: .

:D

Anfield has been quiet for the past few seasons, and it was certainly more quite yesterday, due to the tickets being available for the wider public. It's a shame that the atmosphere is getting worse and worse at Anfield. Our away support is still top notch though. So is Oldhams from what I experienced.

It's a shame that a good occasion has lead to a police investigation etc. Some people claim to have heard "Black *******", others claim to have heard "Manc *******". However Adeyemi is from Norwich, so surely he wouldn't have reacted how he did. Perhaps it was a mistunderstand, I do not know. The fans shouldn't have been shouting anything at him.

This is the view of one Liverpool fan:

Listen i was right by the lad last night and he shouted Manc *******, he couldnt believe the reaction. I can understand how Adeyami mis-heard however our fan did nothing wrong, he went to the steward after the game to tell him what was really said, as did about 30 other fans including an indian family sat in front of him. Sick of everyone going on like theyve got all the facts, i was there, i heard it, he done nothing wrong.

Some people have said things like this:

David Rawcliffe

2 photographers on that side think they heard a fan call him a Manc ..... I was the other side so haven't a clue It's going to get messy.

While others have said that "Black *******" was said.

Dont you think that was a bit erm insensitive AFTER the incident however? Always had respect for Liverpool and a few morons shouldnt ruin the positives of the night. He was wound up no doubt would have been substituted if a spare man (for his benefit) although it was possibly better he finished game??

I do agree that is was slightly insensitive after he had been crying on the pitch etc, but allot of people got wound up because of the tackle on Flanagan.

I'm sure, that if Adeyemi receieved abuse from another league 1 team, then his reaction perhaps wouldn't have been as bad. I bet his adrenaline was pumping, and he was buzzing due to the stature of his opponents.

Edited by Comeinpeace

There has been a media circus surrounding Liverpool lately, due to the Suarez case, with many tabloids portraying us as a racist club. However we have our reasons for supporting our player. We have read the report, we have read the evidence etc. The FA's verdit was that "Evra was probably telling the truth". Personally, I don't view this as a solid verdict.

I think there was slightly more than that in the FA's 115 page report. Liverpool's continued support for Suarez is condoning racism - and that stinks.

I think there was slightly more than that in the FA's 115 page report. Liverpool's continued support for Suarez is condoning racism - and that stinks.

Well, when someone like John Barnes, a player who was racially abused horrendously, and supports Luis Suarez, then it shows he isn't as racist as people think. I understand that you guys believe that he's racist etc, it's been all over the media, anti-Liverpool. Anyways let's not make this incident about Suarez.

Well, when someone like ex-Liverpool player John Barnes, a player who was racially abused horrendously, and supports Luis Suarez, then it shows he isn't as racist as people think. I understand that you guys believe that he's racist etc, it's been all over the media, anti-Liverpool. Anyways let's not make this incident about Suarez.

"Kick It Out's Lord Ouseley has labelled Liverpool "hypocritical" over their handling of Luis Suarez's eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra.

Liverpool players wore T-shirts in support of Uruguayan Suarez - a move Ouseley has called "dreadful".

Lord Ouseley also said Reds striker Suarez's apology was "lamentable".

The anti-racism campaign's chairman said: "Liverpool need to take a hard look at themselves. Suarez's attempt at a belated apology is lamentable.""

I was on the Kop mate, and the majority of us thought that there was a object thrown at Tom Adeyemi, and we didn't know that he recieved racist abuse. We where singing those songs throughthought the game, and we where doing it more and more towards the end of the game.

The reason we where booing Adeyemi's every touch was because of the tackle he made on young John Flanagan.

Ok mate sorry for the misunderstanding it just sounded like you were singing Suarez songs from that moment on.

Fair play for saying that; it kind of highlights the confusion and the uncertainty of facts at the time

Dont you think that was a bit erm insensitive AFTER the incident however? Always had respect for Liverpool and a few morons shouldnt ruin the positives of the night. He was wound up no doubt would have been substituted if a spare man (for his benefit) although it was possibly better he finished game??

As he's said, he didn't know what was going on - so they responded to the Flanagan challenge, not knowing about any other incident at the time.

Anyways I'm going off these forums now.

Would just like to say that I am deeply sorry, as our thousands of others, that one your players has been forced into tears, in probably the biggest footie game of his life. You guys performed admirably.

We are not a racist club.

Might have already been said but i cringed when a large proportion of our fans were singing 'you're just a town full of racists' with grins on their faces.

I had a massive grin on my face when we were singing this. I'm a fully paid up pinko leftie who is appalled by the recent history of Oldham and massively appalled by the actions of Liverpool Football Club in their handling of the Suarez incident. In these days of PR departments the club should have put out bland platitudes saying "We deplore racism in any shape or form and are eagerly awaiting the results of the investigation, Suarez is a Liverpool player and is fully cooperating with the investigation, no further comments will be made until the enquiry reports." Not ordering and wearing t-shirts with his face plastered all over them.

The way they have handled the whole thing has left themselves open to ambiguity, lily livered liberals like myself can draw my own conclusions as can those from the other end of the spectrum. Some of the comments from sections of Liverpool fans about Evra referencing a certain primate have been disgusting, as have been comments made to Stan Collymore on twitter. I'm sure we can all reference incidents that support our own views, Abbot this week for example, you name it, I'm naturally more inclined to pick up incidents that support my own views.

So, to the "You're just a town full of racists" chant, standing in the concorse last night I heard a few comments about the turn out and that "there'd only be the pakis left in town". I should have challenged the people that made these comments but I live in the real world, what would it really have achieved? Someone they don't know saying something they don't agree with, besides, were they really saying anything wrong "I'm only saying paki, what's wrong with that? They are, it is only a short form of saying they are Pakistani....etc..etc.." Regardless of whether the ethnic origin is actually Bangladeshi, Indian or elsewhere. Repeat debate ad infinitum.

We all know the recent history of our town and we all have our views on the Suarez incident, for me Liverpool played it very badly and have left themselves wide open to all manner of allegations, one of which is for several hundred Latics fans to chant at them that "You're just a town full of racists" and I joined in with gusto.

I hope that what happened with Tom last night was a misunderstanding, I hope he misheard "Manc" as "Black", I hope this is the case, whether it is or not only the person who shouted it can really answer. It is a very sorry incident all round and detracts from what was a cracking night, if it could be spun to lead to a positive outcome for both Liverpool, Oldham and football in general then that could severely minimise the impact of this event which is already splashed across most papers and rolling news.

Does anyone know what penalty Liverpool could get if they are found guilty of this i heard a few going round this morning in fines to the extreme of being thrown out of the FA cup. Any ideas

:grin:

No chance! If only! Emirates in the 4th round?

(it would take many weeks before action, if any, is taken. The FA Cup will be 2 or 3 rounds further in)

Does anyone know what penalty Liverpool could get if they are found guilty of this i heard a few going round this morning in fines to the extreme of being thrown out of the FA cup. Any ideas

Slap on the wrist if true. If guilty, life ban for those who said it. Case closed.

Edit — to Brad

That would be an extraordinarily harsh punishment for the behaviour of one or two fans. It would be impossible to prove that the club as a whole condoned or promoted racist abuse (even given Liverpool's appallingly poor handling of the Suarez situation). And it would open up the possibility of opposition fans attempting to get clubs thrown out of competitions by sitting in home ends, pretending to be supporters, and shouting abuse.

Edited by Crusoe

Edit — to Brad

That would be an extraordinarily harsh punishment for the behaviour of one or two fans. It would be impossible to prove that the club as a whole condoned or promoted racist abuse (even given Liverpool's appallingly poor handling of the Suarez situation). And it would open up the possibility of opposition fans attempting to get clubs thrown out of competitions by sitting in home ends, pretending to be supporters, and shouting abuse.

But the club have been warned recently by the F.A. about their future conduct, so if found guilty of not controlling their fans the punishment could be severe.