THe BBC Live Friday Football report at the point in time in the match was ereported live as this

2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.

And very unusual for a referee to request the police though.

BUT, I do feel Tom shoudl have remained professional and not let it seem get to him so much, we lost our way a bit after that. With the massive caveat of not knowing what happened, of course.

It will be interesting how Tom, PD and LAtics handle it from here on in. It might want to be downplayed. If it is a police matter, Barry's take on it will be interesting.

Unfortunately PD had used all his subs otherwise Adeyemi would have been withdrawn.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, Mirror football is probably harvested comment from the likes of here or LFC forums, or twitter. It's 99% bull:censored:.

On twitter now it's one racial tweet for one missile tweet. So who knows until the official report is presented by the officials.

Unfortunately PD had used all his subs otherwise Adeyemi would have been withdrawn.

So wrong BP.

No player should ever have to be withdrawn as a result of racist abuse.

There's no place for it anywhere or ever.

It's probably the lads biggest night in his career, soured at Klu Klux Klanfield.

Hang your heads in shame LFC.

Twitter is hilarious. Somebody who clearly wasn't there tweets:

APPARANTLY, the TWO fans wearing a LUIS SUAREZ tshirt were BELIEVED to have said "You :censored:ing black bastard!" #LFC #OAFC

Twenty minutes later a more official looking tweet pops up, churning out the bollocks...

Eye witnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b***ard".

#LFC #ncfc #oafc

....and it rolls on, unchecked, unmoderated, bollocks.

I'm not saying it was but i think most of us obviously thought the same. All I was hoping (in fact I was shouting at the screen!) just report it to the Referee as then it becomes official, so that whatever it was will go though the proper channels, but until then lets just wait.

Twenty minutes later a more official looking tweet pops up, churning out the bollocks...

Unmoderated bollocks or not, it could well make the back page of tomorrows papers, quite possibly ahead of the match itself

This morsel of bull:censored: has now been added to the Mirror report.