• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour has it Liverpool have just ordered 12 shirts with the guy from row b seat 36 on the front.

Seriously though, any club can have a moron or even a few, but the chanting of Suarez's name and booing of adeyemni after the incident was disgraceful and involved more than a minority of their fans. Lfc must share blame as their handling of Suarez affair has been a disgrace.

Great performance, couldn't have asked any more, unfortunate that the scoreline didn't reflect the game.

I think it's fairly clear that he was racially abused.

I think it's also important that we keep it in the context of what it was. One stupid individual on the Kop. Not 38,000 Scousers.

Was it coincidence that the 2 worst football fan disasters both involved these scousers !!!!!!!!

A witness who gave evidence to Liverpool officials and the police said: "I was to the right of the Kop and the No11 turned to walk away after a tackle. I heard a single voice shout, 'You :censored:ing black bastard.' He spun round with shock on his face and started pointing at the crowd, from where the shout had come."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/06/oldham-tom-adeyemi-liverpool?newsfeed=true

Was it coincidence that the 2 worst football fan disasters both involved these scousers !!!!!!!!

You're linking Hillsborough to what happened tonight? Really?

I'm :censored:ing furious at what's happened tonight. We should all be reflecting on what was a great performance against a quality side; on how the scoreline flattered Liverpool and we never deserved to lose 5-1; on how our supporters did us proud, outsinging the Kop for pretty much the whole match. Instead all anyone's going to want to talk about is the Adeyemi incident, i'm going to have to go into work on Monday and argue that he's always come across as a great kid and there's no way he'd make that up, and then i'm going to be going to the match in a couple of weeks trying to persuade people that Liverpool isn't a town full of racists. And on top of that you're using the incident tonight to sling mud over Hillsborough? Like a couple of dickheads shouting racist abuse tonight somehow means that it must be Liverpool's own fault that 96 of their fans died horribly and needlessly at a match 23 years ago?

All will be revealed in time,feel for Tom though he will probably remember Anfield for the wrong reasons.Think the booing of him thereafter was strange,I was at the other end of the ground and had no idea what was going on.Hope the muppets who were sat near me tonight who gave Bellamy dogs abuse aren't passing comment.

Well said mate.

I'm :censored:ing furious at what's happened tonight. We should all be reflecting on what was a great performance against a quality side; on how the scoreline flattered Liverpool and we never deserved to lose 5-1; on how our supporters did us proud, outsinging the Kop for pretty much the whole match. Instead all anyone's going to want to talk about is the Adeyemi incident, i'm going to have to go into work on Monday and argue that he's always come across as a great kid and there's no way he'd make that up, and then i'm going to be going to the match in a couple of weeks trying to persuade people that Liverpool isn't a town full of racists. And on top of that you're using the incident tonight to sling mud over Hillsborough? Like a couple of dickheads shouting racist abuse tonight somehow means that it must be Liverpool's own fault that 96 of their fans died horribly and needlessly at a match 23 years ago?

Whatever was said shouted to Tom tonight was clearly disgraceful, BUT was the voice of one or a few pricks out of 38,000 to compare it to Heysel or Hillsbrough is just idiotic to say the least!! Whilst such comments should not be swept under the carpet they do seem to be taking away from the fact that a lowly league 1 side went to Anfield and matched those millionaire pansies ney bettered them for at least 40 minutes, our lads were like trojans tonight and 5-1 flattered the scousers greatly! lets applaud them and we can disect the controversy tomorrow!

All will be revealed in time,feel for Tom though he will probably remember Anfield for the wrong reasons.Think the booing of him thereafter was strange,I was at the other end of the ground and had no idea what was going on.Hope the muppets who were sat near me tonight who gave Bellamy dogs abuse aren't passing comment.

Interesting point that, I heard Welsh Bastard and Long Haired Geordie Punt shouted times without number tonight. I wouldn't want to equate these comments with those about race, colour and/or ethnicity but casting first stone and motes in eye and all that may be relevant. Good luck Tom and you can rise above it - even if you shouldn't have to.

What a disgrace Liverpool FC are, defending that scum Suarez and now it appears that rascist abuse was aimed at Tom, he looks devastated and is now being booed every touch by the scum in the Kop

Shameful, shameful club

When LATICS WERE CR@P in early 70s...decided not to go to away games....so me and a couple of tics used to go to Anfield alternate saturdays...

always had a soft spot for liverpool.........until tonight................they can rot.......I am an old sod who will crack a joke about c@@ns

n@@gers....because of my age.. I know its wrong..but no harm meant.......

Liverpool fans out of order

Club out of order...should be relegated to Conference

feel for tom tonight as what should have been such a great and memorable occasion for him is now memorable for all the wrong reasons.

the irony though of oldham fans chanting "just a town full of racists".

i am so angry about that................life and attitude changer

pricks

feel for tom tonight as what should have been such a great and memorable occasion for him is now memorable for all the wrong reasons.

the irony though of oldham fans chanting "just a town full of racists".

if it's irony you want, i got into a bit of a pointless argument on Facebook before the game with a :censored: who responded to my brother-in-law mentioning that he was going to the game by saying Oldham fans have 'a terrible rep', 'similar to Cardiff and Leeds' and pointing out our 'well known fascist links'. It's a pretty horrible feeling, having your club denounced as fascist and your hometown denounced as a town full of racists, all in one evening.

and, again ironically, i felt really proud of our support coming away from Anfield tonight (i genuinely didn't realise what had happened with Adeyemi, i thought it was just a scrap between the players at the time) because i was really touched by how many people left scarves and were paying their respects at the Hillsborough memorial. So to see a comment like that...horrible. Just horrible. And that's not what should have been the lasting impression after tonight.

Really Hope the young lad can get his Chin up and crack on after this incident.

I honestly thought Adeyemi had a really good game, got into some excellent positions and didnt mind taking a touch to get the ball down and play to feet, while a couple of players looked very rushed at times on the ball.....same goes with Keiran Lee, though he was another of a few who, despite the quality infront of him still had the composure to get the ball down and play to feet.

In Regards Liverpool Football Club, lets get it straight, Not all, but a large majority of them are bloody odd folk, sometimes i dont think their all there but as mentioned above cant blame all the fans because its simply not the case....but i think if we would have played pretty much any other club tonight, this incident wouldn't have happened because I think most fans would think that it is common sense after what has happened in recent weeks with Suarez.....you simply would not go and play the Racist card....Common Sense...

Then it being Liverpool......... Would love to see a picture of the moron who obviously doesn't have the sense to realise that, out of all the clubs that don't need more problems regarding Rasicm....It's Liverpool

All in all Great Performance.......More than Proud of the club...

Lets use this cash to tie down the very good nucleus we have at the club (Furman, Wes, Taylor,Lee Adeyami? Simpson?) and build from here....

Guest Scratch2000uk

If he's been racially abused, it's disgusing and unacceptable. :ranting:

Having said that, is it ok to call a player a welsh bastard? :ranting:

Edited by Scratch2000uk