• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He picks the ball up near the line, then reacts to something behind him in Kop and starts to remonstrate and point towards a group wearing Suarez t shirts, he continues to remonstrate with Latics players and the ref trying to calm him down

Play goes on but he is still very, very upset and eventually loses his head and clatters someone

Three possible scenarios;

1) he is mad

2) someone in the Kop hates Norwich City

3) someone said something he didn't like...any ideas?

He picks the ball up near the line, then reacts to something behind him in Kop and starts to remonstrate and point towards a group wearing Suarez t shirts, he continues to remonstrate with Latics players and the ref trying to calm him down

Play goes on but he is still very, very upset and eventually loses his head and clatters someone

Three possible scenarios;

1) he is mad

2) someone in the Kop hates Norwich City

3) someone said something he didn't like...any ideas?

1. Are you Adeyemi?

2. Are you a match official?

3. Were you directly involved?

Answer yes to any of those then one can have the right to comment. Until we know for sure, let's not perpetuate the rumours.

Could've been something thrown at him. Could've been general verbal abuse ("your mum's a ..."). Could indeed have been racist abuse, but I'm guessing nobody (yet) posting on this thread knows for sure. I'd rather wait for some official comment before I start raging.

What a disgrace Liverpool FC are, defending that scum Suarez and now it appears that rascist abuse was aimed at Tom, he looks devastated and is now being booed every touch by the scum in the Kop

Shameful, shameful club

Jumping the gun much aren't you?

I will say this though. Unless someone threw something at him, threatened to murder his family or something similar, our Tom was hugely overreacting.

Well, if I were a betting man!!

As you're not it doesn't matter then.

I will say this though. Unless someone threw something at him, threatened to murder his family or something similar, our Tom was hugely overreacting.

I agree.

Good point about something being thrown, I genuinely forgot about that option, but, i doubt it because the normal action there by the player and the ref is to try an find the object, of course I'm exciting to what I believe I saw, but, something stinks about this and Liverpool's official position this last week has been to refuse to accept that what Suarez did was rascist

Well yes, it would be bad timing, but I think we'd be in a dodgy position if we started foaming at the mouth about racist Liverpool fans. Is our own house in order?

Edit — clearly not to condone or excuse. Every club has some idiot fans, who should be banned and prosecuted appropriately. But to tar all fans of another club as racist could rebound nastily next time one of our own shoots his or her mouth off.

Edited by Crusoe

I was unlucky enough to get a ticket for the game, so watched by other means. BUt what was said to Adeyemi anyone know? Was it something along the nergo lines? If so a massive shame for liverpool as a club an football thought we had moved past that era!

I thought it was something along the lines of Negro, but cant be sure cos Im not the person chanting whatever or Adeyemi but Im glad to see liverpool players showing concern for the lad. I just hope it wasn't cos doesn't look good for liverpool and football in general thought we had moved on from that lark!

No smoke without fire Rummy, and the 4th official - would the beeb report that quite so quickly from a tweet?

I only hope it's wrong. It'll point to the situation where football hasn't moved on at all over the last 40 years.

The issue here for me is the shocking way LFC have handled the Suarez situation. Of course I can't be sure what has happened tonight but, it looks very, very dodgy and fans wearing t-shirts supporting Suarez in the crowd says it all

LFC have covered themselves in shame these last few weeks and whilst a club can't be 100% blamed for them actions of one rogue fan in normal circumstances I think LFC have contributed massively to this by not accepting the FA's report and indeed I would go as far as to say that they have condoned rascist behaviour

THe BBC Live Friday Football report at the point in time in the match was ereported live as this

2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.

And very unusual for a referee to request the police though.

BUT, I do feel Tom shoudl have remained professional and not let it seem get to him so much, we lost our way a bit after that. With the massive caveat of not knowing what happened, of course.

It will be interesting how Tom, PD and LAtics handle it from here on in. It might want to be downplayed. If it is a police matter, Barry's take on it will be interesting.

Edited by singe