starting an ultra

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oldham vs chesterfield on monday the 30th, will be the trial of the blue brigade at oldham, any oldham fans wishing to be a part of it, you can exchange your season ticket of the rre down to the chaddy end, homemade flags, and scarves can be brought down, to bring the atmosphere back... this is official... ive spoken to many fans down the rre and they would like to bring it back down to the chaddy end, the more singers the better!

So you managed to persuade the usual rre lot to come to the chaddy Monday night? Good on you if you did, the only concern is the old problem of the chaddy acoustics, we know that 50 away fans in the rre can make more noise than 500-1000 in the chaddy.

This is the problem you'll have in the chaddy.....good luck though.

ah well, were their to have fun, the drummer and his mates are coming down to the chaddy end for the game, hes trying to organise the big flag to be out, im also bringing 6 flags to the game, and that flag rummytheow is brilliant!

The sooner that flag's put in the skip and forgotten the better

sorry but do you really need to comment? if you wanna sit down in quite then you do that... but we want to organise something, and actually make an atmosphere at a football ground, cause amazingly we dont all want to spend £200 every season to sit down in silence, otherwise we might aswell be at home and watch it on telly

to be fair, in other countries Ultras, Torcidas, Barra bravase etc have taken their ideas from England and adapted them to make them their own. I don't see whats wrong with taking the concept of the Ultras and adapting it to give it more of an English feel, all we need is to claim a section of the ground where everyone stands, sings and makes a racket for 90 minutes solid regardless of whats going on on the pitch we could give it our own name too

This is how the Frankfurt Ultras do it

That's what I fancy.

Good idea, but if giving a trial in the Chaddy on Monday, give it a trial in RRE aswell to see the different effects it can have on atmosphere etc. RRE would be better for it, due to the acoustics but at least someone is trying to create some atmosphere.

Have noticed that if people who aren't classed as 'youths' do this, most support it, if 'youths' do it, then its alot of criticism.

can't understand people moaning about creating a better atmosphere at BP. in fact, moaning about creating AN ATMOSPHERE! its pretty demoralizing going to watch games and having no consistent singing or chanting, especially if the game isn't the best and i reckon this could even attract much more younger supporters.

won't be able to make the game (GUTTED) but will be listening out for the improved atmosphere!

In principal, what a fantastic idea. I think that calling it an ultra group and trying to give it a name will lead to people dissing the idea but it sounds like all you really want is for as many people as possible to turn up and sing their hearts out.

The atmosphere at BP is somewhere between non-existant and shocking. Anything that can be done to improve it can only be a good thing.

I've advocated a singing section for years and know from past experience that the club are wary of it because they know that people will stand in this section. Because of that it will be difficult for anything to be made official but that doesn't stop it being done informally.

It only takes a hundred or so fans to make an atmosphere good enough that eventually most people will join in with. The secret is to be persistant. Sing your songs and don't worry if nobody joins in for five minutes, ten minutes or even half an hour. Eventually they will.

I also believe that if the atmosphere improves, gates will improve too. There will be kids (and bug kids too) who can't be bothered at the moment who might just change their mind if they hear that there is fun to be had at BP.

Edited by Latics & England

In principal, what a fantastic idea. I think that calling it an ultra group and trying to give it a name will lead to people dissing the idea but it sounds like all you really want is for as many people as possible to turn up and sing their hearts out.

The atmosphere at BP is somewhere between non-existant and shocking. Anything that can be done to improve it can only be a good thing.

I've advocated a singing section for years and know from past experience that the club are wary of it because they know that people will stand in this section. Because of that it will be difficult for anything to be made official but that doesn't stop it being done informally.

It only takes a hundred or so fans to make an atmosphere good enough that eventually most people will join in with. The secret is to be persistant. Sing your songs and don't worry if nobody joins in for five minutes, ten minutes or even half an hour. Eventually they will.

I also believe that if the atmosphere improves, gates will improve too. There will be kids (and bug kids too) who can't be bothered at the moment who might just change their mind if they hear that there is fun to be had at BP.

thanks for that reply! real inspiring, stuff like this is really helping to promote this idea, yes you can all say its a bad idea, but if we want to do this, why cant we? we all pay the same amount to watch the football, we just want to have fun aswell as enjoying the game

About 8 yrs ago u went to the derby in Vienna and went in away end with Rapid. Had a brilliant night. No idea what to sing but mad jumping a nd singing all night. Led by lads who oddly see none of the game.

I also lived in Madrid in the late 80's and mostly went to watch Rayo Vallecano. Must love small clubs! They had a smallish Ultras who made a real difference. Looking forward to this idea at NP taking off. Hope it attracts more young fans.