starting an ultra

thanks for all the replies guys, definately carrying on the athletic ultras, the drummer and his group are moving their seats down to the chaddy end, so fingers crossed its going to get better, it will become more organised and planned and will slowly develop, but for a first game i thought we did really well!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all the replies guys, definately carrying on the athletic ultras, the drummer and his group are moving their seats down to the chaddy end, so fingers crossed its going to get better, it will become more organised and planned and will slowly develop, but for a first game i thought we did really well!

A great effort! Just tell the drummer to slow down a bit!!!!

That was a great first effort. Well done! :applause1:

I took this picture just after the teams came onto the pitch.

6792527907_cfc3703a1f_b.jpg

It was the loudest the Chaddy's been for a long while. Good on you.

From the main stand it sounded a bit louder than usual; the RRE sounded similar to be honest. Be good if the sound was all in one place - the RRE has better facilities and no stanchions. Surprised at the younger ones choosing the Chaddy but I'm 50 so an old fart I guess.

Well done and keep it up!!! A great first effort and me and my dad really enjoyed being amongst a positive atmosphere.

All I would say is keep up with the traditional songs for now, more people joined in, some of the new ones are sung a bit fast for older fans ;)

Is the same being organised again on Saturday?

has to be done in the RRE - am up that side of the main paddock, and to be honest, i could barely hear it am afraid.....looked like plenty of effort went in though so fair play

Yeah this - I was surprised people were saying it was louder than usual, I couldn't hear a thing from the chaddy! Will work much better in the RRE I suspect, and the added banter with the away fans should help too.

Well done and keep it up!!! A great first effort and me and my dad really enjoyed being amongst a positive atmosphere.

All I would say is keep up with the traditional songs for now, more people joined in, some of the new ones are sung a bit fast for older fans ;)

Is the same being organised again on Saturday?

yeah their is, staying down the chaddy end, too many kids up rre, and + we'd get moved all the time cause of big games

Does it really matter if there's loads of kids, surely the more people joining in the better. This needs to be in the rre if it is gonna have any affect on the while stadium, if the rre is rocking, its more likely the main stand and chaddy will join in and sing along, as has been said, when the chaddy sings nobody past the half way line can hear it. It doesn't take much organisation to move when needed, when a big game is coming up, simply arrange to go in the "a" again in the chaddy or just move into the smaller rre section. Great effort last night but let's do it where it will have the most impact, the rre. And the more kids the better, let them bring their flags and scarves its the atmosphere that makes it special for the young uns.

I think I posted this idea about 3 years ago. Glad to see fans are really starting to pump up the atmosphere a bit, bring a bit of continental tune to BP.

Have a look at Sankt Pauli's Ultras if you want some more inspiration.

All well and good trying to create an atmosphere and posting endless videos of "great" German atmospheres from You tube to reinforce your point but if you only do it from your armchair it does no good. To then moan about you having the idea years later after someone has gone the extra mile and actually put the effort in at a game; whilst your location is somewhere in another country makes you look like a sour grapes looser who is moaning about it being your idea first .

Also can i say congratulations to those who did the singing last night, every time we've played Chesterfield since I heard the song, the I'm a bar steward song got an airing. I didn't need the embarrassment of my team's fans singing a Yorkshire song about a team from Derbyshire to make me look thick.

I was more than capable of doing that on my own last night. :grin:

thanks for all the replies, good support so thankyou, but we've tried the whole rre, and if we had it in the rre it would be difficult to organise it back in the chaddy end, so we'll have to keep it in the chaddy end to be able to have all the singers together, cause many down the chaddy end that wont move

Does it really matter if there's loads of kids, surely the more people joining in the better. This needs to be in the rre if it is gonna have any affect on the while stadium, if the rre is rocking, its more likely the main stand and chaddy will join in and sing along, as has been said, when the chaddy sings nobody past the half way line can hear it. It doesn't take much organisation to move when needed, when a big game is coming up, simply arrange to go in the "a" again in the chaddy or just move into the smaller rre section. Great effort last night but let's do it where it will have the most impact, the rre. And the more kids the better, let them bring their flags and scarves its the atmosphere that makes it special for the young uns.

This ^^

The more people involved the more impact it will have even if they're kids and it makes much more sense to use the stand that has the best acoustics. As much i'd love the chaddy to be rocking every game as out 'spiritual home' it just isn't goign to happen. I was in there on Monday night and it was as loud as i've heard it for years at times but still people are saying they couldn't hear it past the halfway line. I'm assumign they aren't just making that up asthey don't gain anything by doing so. Let's move it to the RRE and when we have a bigger team visiting we can move to the small section or the chaddy depending on what the club decides. It really wouldn't be difficult to organise with the facebook group and this messageboard. REE = more noise and more involved, it's the obvious choice imo. I actually think next season we should get teh club to let home fans have the small section of the RRE as a permanant thing instead of the large section. Easy to get an atmosphere going in there.

thanks for all the replies, good support so thankyou, but we've tried the whole rre, and if we had it in the rre it would be difficult to organise it back in the chaddy end, so we'll have to keep it in the chaddy end to be able to have all the singers together, cause many down the chaddy end that wont move

Have you asked these people why they won't move? To me it seems completely ridiculous to stubbornly hang on to the chaddy, a stand that's falling apart and offers nothing in acoustics. After last night when this idea was a success would they not see this as worth the move. After all, the point of this is to create a great atmosphere in the STADIUM, at the moment we're creating a great atmosphere in the chaddy and about a 3rd of the mainstand, beyond that nothign is being heard of it. If nobody can even hear any of it, aren't we completely missing the point of this?

the whole idea of having ultras is to be the twelth man...colour, movement and noise to help show the players that the team is right behind them

Whats the point if for half the game, the only OAFC player who can hear them is cisak?

Lots of noise in chaddy = not much noise anywhere else

Not much noise in RRE = noise everywhere

It should be the other way round, RRE shouldn't be moving to Chaddy, they should be saying "this is what its like in our stand - come join us if you fancy it"

It should be the other way round, RRE shouldn't be moving to Chaddy, they should be saying "this is what its like in our stand - come join us if you fancy it"

Even if only half the 'ultras' from Monday do it in the Rocky on Saturday, it'll create a fantastic atmosphere in the RRE, which will be heard throughout the entire ground. This should help convince any chaddy diehards that the future is the RRE!

From the main stand paddock the noise coming from the chaddy or the rochdale rd end is not all that different

it may sound louder in the RRE and the acoustics are better if you are in there but the sound does not travel that well.

get a bit of noise coming from both and we might see a difference but it all dissapears into the carpark anyway

Have you asked these people why they won't move? To me it seems completely ridiculous to stubbornly hang on to the chaddy, a stand that's falling apart and offers nothing in acoustics. After last night when this idea was a success would they not see this as worth the move. After all, the point of this is to create a great atmosphere in the STADIUM, at the moment we're creating a great atmosphere in the chaddy and about a 3rd of the mainstand, beyond that nothign is being heard of it. If nobody can even hear any of it, aren't we completely missing the point of this?

Yes, but it's the Chaddy.

Talking to the neutrals at my lads training session last night, they said

1. It looked a decent crowd.

2. It sounded a decent crowd.

3. We looked a good but unlucky team.

4. Is it always like that?

What did I say? I agreed and said yep its like that every week. Whoops.