starting an ultra

C'mon flagman, the ultras NEED to be in the rre, like was said above, could be easily organised though here and Facebook, every one is on Facebook, you have an ultra Facebook page set up, all it needs is a message on there when bigger teams come to visit. Imagine the ultras AND all the kids in the rre, it would make a right noise and when the chaddy hears it, this will get the whole stadium going. Please can you and the lads reconsider?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's some Mutton Jeff's around, or a few porkies being told. I sat in the RRE on Monday, and clearly heard the noise from the Chaddy. Several times, it sounded very loud. Once, the Chaddy even started a rendition of one song (think it was OWTB) - and the RRE singers joined in with them! No way could you not hear them Chaddy past the half way line!

I actually quite liked the fact the singers were split - it meant the players heard clearly the songs of support from everywhere on the pitch. Leave the 'ultras' in the Chaddy, and the RRE singers in the RRE. Let's create atmosphere everywhere - not just in one stand.

Right, next. Main Stand... :grin:

It's a no brainer ....... as to be the Chaddy.

Not sure why everyone moved to the Rocky .... well apart from the obvious goading the away fans :grin: . We tend to always kick towards the chaddy in the 2nd half when support like Monday in the Chaddy would really lift the players.

There was still singing in the Rocky (which could be heard in the Chaddy)... best of both worlds. The Chaddy is in more need of people getting in there to sign the Rocky doesn't need it!!

I was in the Chaddy Monday for first time in years and enjoying the view / atmosphere more than I have ever done in the Rocky. Still it's not the Paddock :lookers:

P.S If it continues in the Chaddy and is succesful I may even throw in a flag / banner :thinking2:

I think there's some Mutton Jeff's around, or a few porkies being told. I sat in the RRE on Monday, and clearly heard the noise from the Chaddy. Several times, it sounded very loud. Once, the Chaddy even started a rendition of one song (think it was OWTB) - and the RRE singers joined in with them! No way could you not hear them Chaddy past the half way line!

I actually quite liked the fact the singers were split - it meant the players heard clearly the songs of support from everywhere on the pitch. Leave the 'ultras' in the Chaddy, and the RRE singers in the RRE. Let's create atmosphere everywhere - not just in one stand.

Actually that's a good point I wonder if those who are in the main stand but will happily join in with the singing (there are some) should try and sit near each other? Its only really when the RRE is away only that the main stand doesn't have quite a few empty seats in it, thus preventing people from moving.

The good thing about this thread is it shows that lots of fans, be they Chaddy or Rocky, really want to improve the atmosphere.

It will be impossible to get all the singers to agree to go in the same stand and my advice would be for everyone to sit/stand where they prefer and just make sure you sing your hearts out, wherever you're located.

Ok, so the ultras in the chaddy, the rre will take care of itself, great idea about the main stand, anyone in there wishing to sing could maybe sit near each other? Cannot remember the specific song on Monday, but the far side of the main stand, next to the away fans, seemed to be joining in. btw, the guy outside the chaddy selling flags and scarves on Monday, was he selling official stuff? Was gonna buy a scarf from him but changed my mind and got one from the shop.

The good thing about this thread is it shows that lots of fans, be they Chaddy or Rocky, really want to improve the atmosphere.

It will be impossible to get all the singers to agree to go in the same stand and my advice would be for everyone to sit/stand where they prefer and just make sure you sing your hearts out, wherever you're located.

Good advisory point, well made!

Unofficial bloke selling stuff outside BP, just like a big club.

Whatever happened to the fella on Sheepfoot lane who used to sell loads of different scarfs?

I was chatting with him and he was moving to the coast to sell sea shells but I can't remember where

for the ultras to be in the rre we would have to move all fans down to the rocky, which where we could have the ultras in the small section away from everyone else, this would work, but we need to wait till the end of the season to get our point across, and we will be in contact with the club about the idea, we decided as the group for this season we will finish it in the chaddy, however then make plans to move down to the rre, its just going to be a slow process in developing this, but first its to get the atmosphere back at bp, and to get the ultras as a big group instead of how small it is atm, we all agree that the sound is louder in the rocky, and it will be considered at the end of the season, however like i said we need to grow it first, to make any point of moving down to the rocky to then fill the small section with the ultras.

Doesn't the 'firm' usually sit in the Main stand in big games? Do they not make any noise or is it all this posturing up behind an invisible wall?

for the ultras to be in the rre we would have to move all fans down to the rocky, which where we could have the ultras in the small section away from everyone else, this would work, but we need to wait till the end of the season to get our point across, and we will be in contact with the club about the idea, we decided as the group for this season we will finish it in the chaddy, however then make plans to move down to the rre, its just going to be a slow process in developing this, but first its to get the atmosphere back at bp, and to get the ultras as a big group instead of how small it is atm, we all agree that the sound is louder in the rocky, and it will be considered at the end of the season, however like i said we need to grow it first, to make any point of moving down to the rocky to then fill the small section with the ultras.

And breathe!

Congrats to you mate for getting this up & running. I've posted before that, as a youngster, it was the atmosphere that I went to matches for and that's what keeps you coming back. Unfortunately I'm now a short sighted old fart so I have to sit somewhere near the halfway line in order to see both goals. I thought on Monday night that the stereo effect caused by the singing from both ends actually got the Main Stand joining in on a few occasions and despite what many on here would have you believe I could quite clearly hear the singing from the rre and the chaddy.

Keep it up, I applaud your enthusiasm and if you can get them to bring back standing I'll come and join you.

Congrats again, it seems a momentum is till building.

I still feel unconfortable about the Ultras tag, it's even in Egypt now

More ultra dodgy stuff

I'd hate a few numpties getting the wrong idea on the back of a great idea.

well either way, our ultras group wont set a reputation, and i can guarantee that, i managed to start all this, and if anything gets out of hand, i will end it, its not worth the trouble, ive created this to bring atmosphere, and fun back to bp, not to cause trouble... and i hope everyone agrees with me about that.

saturdays game against leyton, will be another trial run of the ultras, which will be in the CHADDY END, in the same section

I have changed my mind, the chaddy is the best place for the lads, well away from the away fans so can just concentrate on the singing, the kids in the rre can do there singing, hopefully the noise coming from both end will encourage some activity in the main stand, and next year we could have singing coming from all FOUR stands :)

well either way, our ultras group wont set a reputation, and i can guarantee that, i managed to start all this, and if anything gets out of hand, i will end it, its not worth the trouble, ive created this to bring atmosphere, and fun back to bp, not to cause trouble... and i hope everyone agrees with me about that.

saturdays game against leyton, will be another trial run of the ultras, which will be in the CHADDY END, in the same section

Sure Flagman, your intentions are clearly honourable, that is not in any doubt.

I agree with O4U, I think the Athleticos is a perfect name, and takes nothing away from something that is great.

I really hope you can attrrct a new set of fans/bring back some lapsed fans.

Very powerful what you have done and all credit to you.

I like the idea of it being in the Chaddy for now, but maybe it would be good to move to the small RRE next season, but I wonder if it would take away from getting behind the team and people would just start taunting the away fans? Maybe the club could house away fans in the other corner of the RRE unless it was a big following.

Anyway really enjoyed getting back in the singing bit of the Chaddy, it is what got me hooked on going Oldham and I had a season ticket for 10 years in the A part of the Chaddy, I had lapsed a bit as a fan but will make the effort to go on Saturday and get behind the team! keep it up!

Flag man - From TV it looked to be a couple of hundred of you in the block of the Chaddy on Monday. Are all these fans committed to the new Ultra idea?

Did you all used to sit in the RRE and i presume you have Season Tickets - are the club allowing you to switch tickets for the rest of the season?

Flag man - From TV it looked to be a couple of hundred of you in the block of the Chaddy on Monday. Are all these fans committed to the new Ultra idea?

Did you all used to sit in the RRE and i presume you have Season Tickets - are the club allowing you to switch tickets for the rest of the season?

yeah, everyone in the 'a' section were pretty mcuh original home fans and ultras, im personally from the chaddy, always have been, and i know full well that some people from the chaddy wont move, because its always been the home end. and the club are allowing people to exchange season tickets to the chaddy, or you can change them per game

no at the moment their are no planned away games yet, but as soon as we've got enough fans at home, we'll start to consider expanding to away games