Lee Clark

It is but he's spent millions on transfer fees and must have average bill that is nigh on eight figures, to be only fourth is disappointing - especially when you look at how they have bottled it in the play offs year on year... Tbh if I was a hudds fan I would have wanted rid last summer after the way they threw in the tee shirts at Old Trafford.... Since they got their windfall in the summer of 2008 we've posted them 8 times and they've not impressed me once. They're a bug strong team that lacks any dirt of creative spark - look how we played them off the park down here last season....,

FTFY

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I've been one of the few defending him to the group I go to matches with, but even I have lost patience recently. We may have lost very few games, but we're more concerned with not losing than going for a win.

I maybe wouldn't have fired the trigger just yet, but everyone I go to matches with is delighted. I would have probably waited until automatic promotion looked as remote points wise, as it does on the pitch, as Clark would be a liability in the Play Off's knowing he had to win them to save his job.

I thought Warnock would be unrealistic, but he's joint favourite, which suggests he's perhaps a realistic target. If so, I would be absolutely over the moon with him!

Sounds like you've all got expectations well above your stations to me

Promising young manager tossed aside again and hope the likes of Leeds give him a chance.

He has been given his chance though. Three season's with the biggest budget in the league should at least have you knocking on the door of the automatics.

They have the best squad in our league by a distance. They have spent millions on players.

They have drawn a lot of games they should have lost due to individual talent.

Can't help but think another manager will turn those draws into wins.

He has been given his chance though. Three season's with the biggest budget in the league should at least have you knocking on the door of the automatics.

They have the best squad in our league by a distance. They have spent millions on players.

They have drawn a lot of games they should have lost due to individual talent.

Can't help but think another manager will turn those draws into wins.

Not sure I would agree with that - both Sheffield Utd and Charlton have squads that are as good.

There are a number of proven managers out there at the moment:

Warnock, McCarthy, Bruce to name but three - I reckon we will see the new manager from one of those likely lads. :wink:

Not sure I would agree with that - both Sheffield Utd and Charlton have squads that are as good.

There are a number of proven managers out there at the moment:

Warnock, McCarthy, Bruce to name but three - I reckon we will see the new manager from one of those likely lads. :wink:

Brucey returning to Huddersfield ?

BBC Radio 2 news has just said he was sacked after a 2 minute phone call from the Chairman!

Apparantly it has come out of the blue & he is gutted

I have to say, im not surprised nor am i upset for him. The guys a Grade-A cock.

If he winds up at Leeds, its a perfect match - he'll be found out to be the poor manager he is & in the process he can stagnate Leeds ( or even better, bring them down again)

It is but he's spent millions on transfer fees and must have average bill that is nigh on eight figures, to be only fourth is disappointing

I think it's fair to say they have a large wage bill, but they haven't spent millions on transfer fees at all. About £650k over the last 3 seasons and don't forget they sold Pilkington to Norwich for £2m.

By some accounts he had no idea about team selection, relying on ProZone statistics and chopping and changing bizarrely (a Huddersfield fan on another posted that Higginbotham was dropped despite playing a blinder on his debut, and that Rhodes only signed a new deal thanks to the chairman's intervention). To an outsider like me it looks a little harsh, but seems that the owner doesn't think Clark could take them the remaining 10% of the way.

Edited by Crusoe

I'm not in the least surprised by this. Despite their football league world record of 28 years unbeaten (they are now unbeaten in 22 hours) I can't recall any moment from our last 6 games against them over the least 3 years where I thought "this is a decent team." In fact it says it all that in Penny's one season of trying to kill off ur club one of our best performances was at the Gayfarm where we really should have taken something from the game.

Yes they went 40+ league games unbeaten, but how many of those were draws? I think that LC had a defensive mindset and that's why, whilst going a long time unbeaten, they have failed to go up. In the games we played against them, they showed no flair at all and in last seasons game at BP, I probably saw the most one side 1-0 massacre I can recall in the last 10 years. By half time, they couldn't have complained if we had been 4, 5 or even 6 up. The game at the Gayfarm was a snorefest and they rarely looked like breaking us down.

Most of their fans seem happy he has gone and you can't help not being surpised by that if they play consistently like they have against us in the last 3 seasons.

If only they had displayed half a sense of adventure and "gone for it" more often, they may have lost a few games and not had their historic run, but they would probably have won a few more games and gained those extra points that would have achieved automatic promotion.

Any way at least they can bask in the glory of 43 (or how ever many it was) games unbeaten next season when they return to the "3 sided :censored:hole" that is BP instead of visiting magnificent stadiums such as the Reebok, DW and Molineux.

Bet Simpson is gutted he didn't stick around a little longer...

Why would he be gutted???? He Looks like one happy bunny to me! Playing every week with a manager, players and fan who appreciate him. Wouldnt have got that glorious goal against Liverpool, playing for Hudders!

Clark's dismissal is a :censored: or bust gamble - 16 games left is time enough for a new management team to steer the erring team towards the automatics, but not so long that the euphoria of a new broom wears off. I'd like to know if Clark was liked by and had the respect of the players. If he was and did, then I suspect they're stuffed. It's an act of desperation, especially coming from the biggest and greatest club in England :lol:

Edited by piglinbland

the thing is if they needed a player badly enough they'd be able to get him, it's a luxury not many clubs in this Division have. I think in 3 years they spent £5 million.

As for whether it was the right decision go back 2 years ago when we had Penney and everyone was calling for his head, I felt at the time sacking him after the transfer window would of been a mistake because regardless of who we brought in we would of been lumbered with the crap he brought in regardless. Would the current Hudds squad be seen as Clark's players? Has the transfer window made it harder for teams to sack managers?

Too much for Alan Lee

£700k Alan Lee.

£300k Simpson who they never played (partly due to injury)

Fees paid for nearly all first team squad. £1m for Ward (who could be pretty special).

£2m there on three players. One who never got played. One who comes off the bench to elbow people and one who is really talented but the home fans think is lazy (where have we heard that before?)

£700k Alan Lee.

Fees paid for nearly all first team squad. £1m for Ward (who could be pretty special).

£2m there on three players. One who never got played. One who comes off the bench to elbow people and one who is really talented but the home fans think is lazy (where have we heard that before?)

Kallum Higginbotham (6 figures)

Up to 400,00 for Oscar Gobern

Edited by oafcprozac

I want Warnock back......oh sorry! wrong board! thought i was Huddersfields message board for a minute as we seem to be discussing the alot

who gives a :censored: about them? sack him dont sack him! win 43 lose 43!

not our problem until the playoffs :grin:

£700k Alan Lee.

:ranting: Never hated a player as much since Littlejohn twatted Pogs

I want Warnock back......oh sorry! wrong board! thought i was Huddersfields message board for a minute as we seem to be discussing the alot

who gives a :censored: about them? sack him dont sack him! win 43 lose 43!

not our problem until the playoffs :grin:

The Terrace is for Latics or League 1 news....I think when a local side who have become hated rivals recently sack their manager; it qualifies for discussion????