Brentford v Oldham

tonight was disappointing , though Brentford were not much better ; a couple of bobbles and 2 goals

to me we played like a team with no confidence and no togetherness.

idiot ' latics fan' at the end mouthed off to dickov.

dickov said we're trying to do things the right way.

all other fans supported dickov and several shook his hand.

hey ho, onwards and....

Any 'idiot latics' fans who's travelled 300 miles to watch his team in London on a Tuesday night can mouth of he wants in my book, whether you agree with him or not

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He talks a good game but in starting to doubt whether he actually believes he can turn this round. I expect the 7 in 9 to become 9 in 11, making the Wycombe game absolutely massive.... Even one or two of the happy clappers are despairing tonight.... Dickov has won 26 games out of 86 in the league, his win ratio is one of the worst we have ever had and Corbey blew the :censored: budget claims out of the water last week. It's by the by if you believe SC or not. Although I've been critical of PD recently I thought we could progress under him.

Edited by oafc1955

Year in year out we go over and over the same scenarios.

poor run of form-debate sacking the manager-sack the manager-new guy in-optimism-poor run of form-debate sacking the manager - sack the manager

end of the day you can only go so far on such a tiny budget. yes dickov may have made some bad decisions but show me a manager who wouldnt. until we get the budget increased we will be a mid table-relegation threatened team. fact. we may have one or two class players but over the course of 46 games they cannot carry you, you need a whole squad of decent players.

until we increase the budget by some means we have to stick with dickov. if we go down we go down. this season or next. it would happen eventually on this budget. a budget that gets smaller year on year. its in the back room of the club where we need a major overhaul. yes corney has done a good job but we must face facts. if we continue as we are we are facing relegation/administration/liquidation. its not a matter of if, more a case of when!

7 defeats in 9. At least we increased the losing margin this time.

For the first time I'm pondering Dickov's ability as a manager. I thought he could lift a team. Now I'm not sure he can.

Wonder if there's something rotten in the camp.

Well far from me to pitch my own corner but i have been banging on (to anyone who will listen)about dickoves blatant shortcomings for a long old time.

Low and behold some of the others not blinded by faith are now beginning to see all is not well with the gaffer.

Its not just the tactics/subs he makes,its the blatant lack of ability to motivate the team,the 2nd half stats for latics this season must be absolutely cringeworthy and thats without looking at them!!

I dont want to single out individuals here but TA? Is there a particular reason Dickov is playing this guy week in week out? am i missing something tom provides ?

And Harry Bunn,do me a favour eh,who scouted him? id seen enough after 10mins at rochdale..Like i said,dickov talks a cracking game........

Year in year out we go over and over the same scenarios.

poor run of form-debate sacking the manager-sack the manager-new guy in-optimism-poor run of form-debate sacking the manager - sack the manager

end of the day you can only go so far on such a tiny budget. yes dickov may have made some bad decisions but show me a manager who wouldnt. until we get the budget increased we will be a mid table-relegation threatened team. fact. we may have one or two class players but over the course of 46 games they cannot carry you, you need a whole squad of decent players.

until we increase the budget by some means we have to stick with dickov. if we go down we go down. this season or next. it would happen eventually on this budget. a budget that gets smaller year on year. its in the back room of the club where we need a major overhaul. yes corney has done a good job but we must face facts. if we continue as we are we are facing relegation/administration/liquidation. its not a matter of if, more a case of when!

I say stick with Dickov if only for continuity, but stop all this crap budget talk, for everything Dickov has asked for over the last two seasons Corney has done his best to oblige, Dickov has said so himself!!

We are hardly likely to increase the budget when we are standing still football wise and crowds are falling every season.

I hope Dickov has learned enough now to realise now that flair players on their own will not give you consistency, I've lost count how many wide men Dickov has brought in over the last year or so and next season he definitely needs a complete re-think!

We need an old head at the back and a proper midfield general.....we have not replaced Gregan and we have not replaced a Wellens type and until we do expect more of the same!!

Marsh Brown, Taylor, Morais, and Parker are all capable of their magic moments but the trouble is they are few and far between.

We have strikers at the club who can score goals they just need the service, which to date has been non-exsistant!!!

Also to the kid/guy at the end giving the Oldham players abuse: youre a tosser. You're comments are unwanted and aren't going to help anyone. Glad Dickov came over and told you to piss off and saw that he and the players still had a great support even after a match like that.

He didnt tell me to "piss off". He told me they were doing their best, to which I said if that's there best then they are not good enough. As I told him, tonight was disgraceful, Saturday was abysmal, last Tuesday against Orient was wank and you can add recent games against Scunthorpe, Dale, Stevenage and Yeovil. It's not good enough. I've had a twelve hour round trip and spent far too much money on that sack of :censored: tonight. We have been just as bad the last few months as we were under all of Penney/Moore/Talbot's reign.

We have enough quality individually to make headway in this division but as a team we are fu****g clueless.

It has to be down to the coaching and tactics surely.

According to GMR we deserved nothing from the game and created very little.

That's no goals in 310 minutes football.....sound familiar?

Or put another way 5 hours and 10 fu**in minutes!!!!!!

He didnt tell me to "piss off". He told me they were doing their best, to which I said if that's there best then they are not good enough. As I told him, tonight was disgraceful, Saturday was abysmal, last Tuesday against Orient was wank and you can add recent games against Scunthorpe, Dale, Stevenage and Yeovil. It's not good enough. I've had a twelve hour round trip and spent far too much money on that sack of :censored: tonight. We have been just as bad the last few months as we were under all of Penney/Moore/Talbot's reign.

Were you the guy upstairs in the seats having a go or down on the terrace?

He talks a good game but in starting to doubt whether he actually believes he can turn this round. I expect the 7 in 9 to become 9 in 11, making the Wycombe game absolutely massive.... Even one or two of the happy clappers are despairing tonight.... Dickov has won 26 games out of 86 in the league, his win ratio is one of the worst we have ever had and Corbey blew the :censored: budget claims out of the water last week. It's by the by if you believe SC or not. Although I've been critical of PD recently I thought we could progress under him.

I'm not even sure he's talking a good game at the minute.

Post match comments will be the same old :censored:e he trots out after every game. "we deserved better, didn't get the luck, the boys worked ever so hard".

It's becoming tedious!!

I'm not even sure he's talking a good game at the minute.

Post match comments will be the same old :censored:e he trots out after every game. "we deserved better, didn't get the luck, the boys worked ever so hard".

It's becoming tedious!!

I've got to say the "We're trying to do the right things" comment seems to get a lot use after a defeat...

That said, I think he has point. We're not playing particularly badly in my opinion, but arn't getting the results. Top of "right things to do" list in training should be finishing chances in the penalty area. I don't think the other areas of the team (when we have a fully fit squad anyway) are that far away from being "right".

When we got rid of Shez, our following (permanent) manager was Dave Penney. We should be careful what we wish for because, in replacing Dickov, we run the risk of appointing someone who will take us into the abyss and beyond. Of course it could work the other way, but the likelihood of that happening is pretty small....

I've got to say the "We're trying to do the right things" comment seems to get a lot use after a defeat...

That said, I think he has point. We're not playing particularly badly in my opinion, but arn't getting the results. Top of "right things to do" list in training should be finishing chances in the penalty area. I don't think the other areas of the team (when we have a fully fit squad anyway) are that far away from being "right".

When we got rid of Shez, our following (permanent) manager was Dave Penney. We should be careful what we wish for because, in replacing Dickov, we run the risk of appointing someone who will take us into the abyss and beyond. Of course it could work the other way, but the likelihood of that happening is pretty small....

Dickov is a kid, managing kids and i'm not confident at all of him turning this around. Things will be a lot clearer come Monday tea-time, if we fail to pick up a single point v Charlton and Sheff Wed then I think we'll be odds on for 20th place…

Oh and where the :censored: is KMB?

Spot on, i bet chumbawumba is annoyed at losing his place instead of him after his peformances have improved with each game and some of his passing has been superb

Furman was good vs notts county, he had to run central midfield on his own and cover left back as diallio and adeyemi were so poor. But still dont understand his comments saying the team played well, we just didnt.

Listened to both the Orient and Brentford games and Adeyemi has not been mentioned once. His loan runs out next week, send him back and give Chimmychammychanga another go. Get KMB back in and let's go for the jugular, no more tippy tappy :censored:e, get the crosses in play the percentages and load both boxes…..

Edited by oafcprozac

Dickov is a kid, managing kids and i'm not confident at all of him turning this around. Things will be a lot clearer come Monday tea-time, if we fail to pick up a single point v Charlton and Sheff Wed then I think we'll be odds on for 20th place…

Oh and where the :censored: is KMB?

I cant see us scoring a goal against both unless its a fluke and i can see us conceding against both.

Time of the season where i make quite a bit of cash on latics. Sad but true.

Just got this off a Brentford fan.

----------------------------------------

For what it's worth thought your boys did ok last night. We started very well and could have been out of sight by half time but you stuck at it.

I thought you looked huge, strong and battled but also had a bit if skill. Liked Lee, Morais was angry but useful and Taylor is quality although after his diva performance last year at GP is unpopular.

I think on another day you could have got something out of the game, you certainly weren't woeful and I have to concede Dickov was gracious in defeat and the Lino in the first half made some bizarre decisions that favoured us and Dickov while angry managed to laugh and have banter with the Bees fans winding him up.

I think if you keep the nucleus and find a poacher you'll do more than ok next year. Bunn on a season long off a big man might be the answer. Anyway, nice to get balanced, sensible away fans posting and good luck.

Just got this off a Brentford fan.

----------------------------------------

For what it's worth thought your boys did ok last night. We started very well and could have been out of sight by half time but you stuck at it.

I thought you looked huge, strong and battled but also had a bit if skill. Liked Lee, Morais was angry but useful and Taylor is quality although after his diva performance last year at GP is unpopular.

I think on another day you could have got something out of the game, you certainly weren't woeful and I have to concede Dickov was gracious in defeat and the Lino in the first half made some bizarre decisions that favoured us and Dickov while angry managed to laugh and have banter with the Bees fans winding him up.

I think if you keep the nucleus and find a poacher you'll do more than ok next year. Bunn on a season long off a big man might be the answer. Anyway, nice to get balanced, sensible away fans posting and good luck.

Bu bu bu but this doesn't fit the narrative!!! :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Guest Scratch2000uk

The club is going nowhere. From board level and down to the choices Dickov has in picking up the scraps/dregs from the footballing rubbish tip. :(

He's not the first manager this as happened to though. Unless we get someone in with a few million to throw around, and a plan. This is the level we should expect to be in. We are far more likely to be relegated than promoted as each season approaches. <_<

Of course, many have seen this happening season in season out and have eventually had enough of the dross, and turned away. :huh:

Another Brentford comment:

Interesting comments that Oldham were woeful as for times in the second half they played some very good football, they were quick and pressed well throughout. When they played passing football they looked a far better team and, a bit like us a while ago, with a striker would be a decent outfit and not far off the playoffs

I have seen a lot worse than them ( often in red and White!!) and would go further and suggest that earlier this season at worst they would have got a point

Perhaps teams are looking poor cos we are looking good?? Just a thought

tonight was disappointing , though Brentford were not much better ; a couple of bobbles and 2 goals

to me we played like a team with no confidence and no togetherness.

idiot ' latics fan' at the end mouthed off to dickov.

dickov said we're trying to do things the right way.

all other fans supported dickov and several shook his hand.

hey ho, onwards and....

Tuesday night in London another :censored:e performance, Id say that the pissed off tics fans had every right to mouth off at PD