• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need to get a few more experienced players in. Sacking Dickov won't improve anything. Players are letting us down.

It all comes down to the manager tho, he picks the team and is supposed to motivate them, he has to go for me as I cant see us winning another game this season with him in charge

Whilst I also don't agree with sacking Dickov, and probably won't do unless the club are relegated, Dickov could have absolutely zero complaints if he was given the boot tomorrow. Thats 9 losses from 11. Talbot, Moore, Shez and even Dangerous Dave were given the boot for less.

But I don't think sacking him now will benefit anyone.

Dickov's right, he's got the commitment and the right attitude and is looking to bring in the right type of players. He just needs to learn from his mistakes. I agree that he'd benefit from having an experienced assistant next to him. What's Peter Reid doing these days? Get him in as an advisor for 6 months next season, give Paul the benefit of his experience and guide him to ironing out his faults. Or maybe even Royle could do the trick.

Edited by PlayItLivo

It all comes down to the manager tho, he picks the team and is supposed to motivate them, he has to go for me as I cant see us winning another game this season with him in charge

Its the players who have to go out and do it on the pitch you sack the manager a new man will still have to work with the same players and the same problems will keep occuring.

Its the players who have to go out and do it on the pitch you sack the manager a new man will still have to work with the same players and the same problems will keep occuring.

Really? Would a new manager not get them organised? Stop leaking soft goals and use his subs effectively? Not saying he would like just a thought.

Dickov's right, he's got the commitment and the right attitude and is looking to bring in the right type of players. He just needs to learn from his mistakes. I agree that he'd benefit from having an experienced assistant next to him. What's Peter Reid doing these days? Get him in as an advisor for 6 months next season, give Paul the benefit of his experience and guide him to ironing out his faults. Or maybe even Royle could do the trick.

Whats the point of getting an advisor when you could have them for the job?

Edited by doctor evil

The point made above about Uncle Ronnie and Tranmere is excellent. Its obvious that dickov is struggling to turn this form around, Tranmere were in a worse of position than us when they sacked Parry and brought in Moore, same players he has as Parry and now they are in the top half of the table and safe. I really do believe that we are going down, Dickov cant seem to sort the team out, or the team are just not responding to hime anymore.

He is blatantly trying to get us playing the right sort of football. Both today and against Charlton we pressed across the field and looked to pass the ball rather than go direct. Both today and against Charlton we were let down by poor concentration and a lack of instinct up top.

I can even see why he played Simpson out of position, as he'll try and help out the full back more than Morais or KMB would. Against the top sides you can't be afforded the luxury of two purely 'flair' players in a midfield.

My main gripe is the persistence with Adeyemi (who to be fair works hard, he's just a bit cack) and the lack of Tonk love.

Who's going to replace him? The only out of work manager I'd take is Dowie and no way he's coming back.

The good news is Wycombe and Orient are losing (Wycombe now 2 down!).

There's some quality there, showed it in decent spells today and it is a very young side. Need something up front badly - a bit of pace wouldn't go amiss, is Westcarr out of contract at Chesterfield? He'd help. KTF.

When you look at the sackings of Clark & Megson teams in the play-offs , it is a very precarious occupation.

I don't believe he will be sacked nor is there any point.

But I do think the other 23 clubs in our division would sack their gaffer if they had the last 3 months we have had.

I just want him to

a) tell Kuqi to run himself to a standstill as he will come off after an hour at most for fresh legs liie it or not.

B) Put Simpson back behind Kuqi . We have neutralised his effectiveness on the wing.

c) Either play Marsh - Brown or get rid if you can't harness his ability & baggage.

d) Get a coach in to teach our centre backs how to do the basics.

e) Be brave & get subs on early when it is not going well.

But he continually brings in tip tap or MIA midfielders, it's a trait he needs to address by adding more physically to the the side.

Dickov is trying to get us to play decent football but doesn't have the personnel in key areas.

Diallo is shocking; too slow and was a liability today.

We're weak in midfield and missing Wes. I can't see why we persevere with Adeyemi.

Up front Kuqi plays too deep and were toothless then up front. Bunn couldn't do everything on his own and needs someone alongside him as a front two.

Pruning is needed come the summer and review the backroom team too - what value does Taggart add and what does Butler do?

I think well stay up but next season we need a boost as I seriously think it'll be the last throw of the dice. Crowds will dwindle again anyway but more dross on the pitch then well be playing to sub 2000 crowds and Dickov will move on.

Dickov is trying to get us to play decent football but doesn't have the personnel in key areas.

Diallo is shocking; too slow and was a liability today.

We're weak in midfield and missing Wes. I can't see why we persevere with Adeyemi.

Up front Kuqi plays too deep and were toothless then up front. Bunn couldn't do everything on his own and needs someone alongside him as a front two.

Pruning is needed come the summer and review the backroom team too - what value does Taggart add and what does Butler do?

I think well stay up but next season we need a boost as I seriously think it'll be the last throw of the dice. Crowds will dwindle again anyway but more dross on the pitch then well be playing to sub 2000 crowds and Dickov will move on.

‎6 first choice players missing including 4 from the spine of the team. No Cisak, Diamond M'Voto, Black, Wesolowski or Taylor is killing us.

It shows that the gamble of going for quality over quantity has bitten us this year. But would quantity over quality really have seen us any better off? That was the managers call within his budget. Who would have expected the injuries and the harsh suspension of M'Voto to hit us at this time all at once.

Morais has either lost form or just can't cross and Simpson is having to play out of position and looks like he may still be carrying the injury. Reid looks like he is out of the picture completely and Marsh Brown if you believe what you hear won't be a long term solution. We've also still got young Mellor out possibly for the season.

Anyway role on Saturday where an 89th minute own goal will save the season although I still think as I said 3 weeks ago 48 points will see us safe.

In case you couldn't tell I'm firmly in the Dickov in camp, but more lessons need to be learnt from this season and we need to create more for the forwards as we are not creating the tap ins that we should and need to to prgress. 3 years of falling to pieces after Christmas will not be progress.