thanks dad

Great heartfelt post.

My dad took me as a 5 year old one night in 1990. Someone scored 6 goals and I thought Oldham were the best side in the world. 23 years later I still go now and I'm lucky enough to sit next to my dad 90% of home games - when neither of us work.

RIP

I have recently started taking my lad. We go when we can due to family commitments and work but seeing his face smile when I bought him his first latics shirt I will never forget. I hope he remembers it when I'm older. Thanks for the post. Made me realise the great things I have. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Excellent posts, condolences to you and your family peanuts.

I started going with my gramp in the late 60's, and we had some great times, with home games in the old broadway stand, I was then a ballboy from around 70 to 74, including the promotion season, when we also went to Southport on that easter Monday and York too.

Loads of great memories, without him i wouldn't have these.

His photo from 1990 with the Littlewoods Cup , that he queued to have taken in the old Littlewods store in Oldham, is still pride of place above our fireplace.

Sadly he passed away in 2000, though from where he is in Royton cemetary you can see the Latics floodlights above the trees, so he's never far away.

I've also passed on our great club to my 3 kids, and even though a couple of them live away in London and south Shields, they still go when back home, and we've had a few away days in and around London together too.

Definitaly renewing my season ticket too, even more so after reading all these posts.

Thank you everyone for your kind words he always said us tics were one big family

feel quiet humble that my rammblings can inspire so many to re evaluate there support of this club

thanks again

keith

p.s. " ref my dad says ter a :censored: " !

Thank you everyone for your kind words he always said us tics were one big family

feel quiet humble that my rammblings can inspire so many to re evaluate there support of this club

thanks again

keith

p.s. " ref my dad says ter a :censored: " !

Aye, he was right aswell....... we are all one big family.

We might disagree from time to time but we all want good things for Latics!

A win on Sat'dy would be nice!!!

You know sometimes particularly when things have gone crap like they have done recently its good to remind us why we do this. I also want to say thanks to peanuts Dad and the generations of Latics fans before us who kept this club going for what is now 117 years (which is lets face it is a fantastic triumph against the odds) so that we have a club to support its their gift to us.

While we've looked in recent months like we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, our defence may seems to have more holes than swiss cheese Boundary Park might be a dump and the food served at half time is mingin its still ours and theirs always hope that it can get better.

I've had a crap week this has put it in perspective

The togetherness of a little club like ours beats the glory of the giants in the premier league. Any success we may have will be shared with the true fans of the club and not with whoever has paid the highest price for a ticket.

Threads like this prove how close we all are.

All Oldham together.

One big dysfunctional, bitterly grumpy family

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love you all

So sorry to hear about your Dad my htoughts go out to you and your family.

Your post summed my Dad up really, I went with him at 2 years old sat on his shoulders in the Paddocks and then when my brother arrived he did the same to him.

I have lost both my Dad and brother (who used to post on here Wakefield-Oldham) in the last 4 years and Latics will always hold a place in my heart even though Ic ant get there much, me and Hubby moved to Cheshire 9 years ago but Latics is the club I grew up with and the club that holds a place in my heart and also the supoprters.

Janet

Hi Keith

Deepest condolences for your very sad loss.

I'm in a similar position except I'm the dad and grandad (as Joe's got his 3rd season ticket at the age of 9).

I dragged Matt (screaming and kicking at the age of 4 to Boundary Park, that's about 34 years ago now) and Nathan followed along a couple of years later.

We all still go (including the wife) and enjoy both the ups and downs of our little team.

All our thoughts are with you at this trying time.

Regards

Ian G.